JP / NA Differences

NA Xbox Version will log in without prompt for password like JP PC.

That's a console thing not a regional difference thing. Playing PSO2JP on PS4 & Vita also skips the log-in process.

Shirona's Treasure Shop is not available.

Isn't that what the fresh finds shop is, a replacement for the "treasure" shop?

@AnamanaAU said in JP / NA Differences:

There are a few notable differences between the Japanese and English NA version of PSO2, this information should clarify a few things. Most things listed here will likely be made available within the near future, with the exception of regional content - which may be repurposed for NA regional access.

Technical / Regional Differences

• Xbox has Voice Chat built into the game.
  • NA uses a different set of fonts.
  • NA Xbox Version will log in without prompt for password like JP PC.
  • JP has 10 Ships, NA has 3 Ships.
  • PC Cross Play has been hinted at, but is not completely confirmed as far as it's capacity yet.
  • Other platform versions are unconfirmed, but hinted at.
  • NetCafe options, points and vendors are not present.
  • PSO2es Vendor (Seraphy) & PSO2es storage are not present.
  • NA has Game & Mission passes, whereas JP does not.
  • Nanon re-positioned to Photon Drop / Badge shop area.

Content Availability

• Episode : JP Ep. 6 / NA Ep. 3.
  • Personal Quarters Crafting is not available yet.
  • Tokyo, Las Vegas & Enchanted Forests areas are not available yet.
  • Some Extreme Quests are yet to be added.
  • Content tied to Episode 4-6 may be unavailable in regards to items, weapons, units, mag devices & AC/ fun related items.
  • Shirona's Treasure Shop is not available.

Gear Differences & Availability

• No Old Type weapons in NA (therefore no need for -NT suffix)
  • 14+โ˜† Weapons and 12+โ˜† Units are not yet available
  • Some Affixes are not yet available
  • NA does not have 'Magazine Item Code Weapons' ( Chronos Scythe/Nacht, Tradicion/Nacht, Phyteuma/Licht etc.)

Quest availability Unavailable in NA at this point in time:

• Bonus Quests (Ep. 4)
  • Buster Quests (Ep. 5)
  • Endless Quests
  • Ultimate Quests
  • Riding Quest
  • Challenge Quests
  • Battle Arena

Character / Class Availability

• The current Level cap is 75
  • Successor / Scion Classes not in yet - Hero, Phantom and Etoile.
  • Skill trees are missing some of the skills that came in later episodes. If you're using the build website links, be sure to toggle for PSO2 NA.
  • There are height restrictions below 154cm on the NA version.

Terminology Changes

• Guilds / Clans: Teams (JP) / Alliances (NA)
  • Daily Quests: Featured Quests (JP) / Recommended Quests (NA)
  • Free Roam Quests: Free Field (JP) / Expedition (NA)
  • Training Quests: Training Quests (JP) / Practice Quests (NA)

Thanks to the following contributors:

• GM Deynger
  • Havocx3
  • Leonkh99
  • ErinXh
  • Fiona Respha

Let me know if there's anything else I should add to this list.

Love the content mate. Quick question For Successors/Scion Classes Is it 2 or 3 classes at 75 to unlock? Im reading its 2. But my peers are saying its 3.. Just looking for clarification from a vet.

@Y1-Mythoclast It's 2. If memory serves me right, it used to be 3 on the JP version quite some updates ago.

@coldreactive Is the 11+ disc new? I I remember needing 10 when I was playing.

@ErinXh said in JP / NA Differences:

@Y1-Mythoclast It's 2. If memory serves me right, it used to be 3 on the JP version quite some updates ago.

TY

I think I noticed another one. In JP server, sub-classes can gain some XPs until level 70. But in NA, the limit seems to be much lower. Probably level 55, which had been the limit in JP before they raised it to 70.

Maybe this is a logical consequence from the level cap of 75 in NA, but I didn't expected this X(

@Fiona-Respha said in JP / NA Differences:

I think I noticed another one. In JP server, sub-classes can gain some XPs until level 70. But in NA, the limit seems to be much lower. Probably level 55, which had been the limit in JP before they raised it to 70.

Maybe this is a logical consequence from the level cap of 75 in NA, but I didn't expected this X(

same ๐Ÿ˜ž

Yeah, it's likely scaled with level.

This is really interesting to see.

Thank you everyone who worked towards the differences list.

If someone hasn't mentioned it yet, Successor classes are "Scion" classes in the NA version. For Terminology Changes.

if we were to list every name change we'd be here all day ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Cathy , we can narrow it down a bit. A few things only appear to have 'changed' due to us being used to the Fan Translation. If we narrow it down to what actually changed between the actual JP term and the NA term the list might be more manageable (e.g "Gettemhart" becoming "Gettemhult" would not count as a change since even in JP his official spelling is "Gettemhult")

@Leonkh99 thats still a long list

Darker > Falspawn

Dark Falz [Double] > Dark Falz [Gemini]

Massive Hunter > Hunter Physique

Limit Break > Overload

Freeze/Poison Ignition > Freeze/Poison Detonation

Rare Mastery Class > Arms Enthusiast Class

Gear > Focus

Point Assist > Summoner's Mark

One More Jump/Showtime > Encore Jump/Showtime

Every Single Braver Photon Art

Dual Blades > Soaring Blades

Gunslash > Gunblade

Just to name a few.

@Leonkh99 Then maybe Practice Quest falls into that category. I feel Practice Quest for Japanese "็ทด็ฟ’ใ‚ฏใ‚จใ‚นใƒˆ" is a pretty faithful translation.

And on the main topic. Another difference which might affect the gameplay. The login bonus on NA is different from what JP server has now. The latest login bonus on JP server was introduced in a 2019 July update, the bonus before the update seems to be identical to the current NA login bonus. As the latest JP bonus includes bonus quest tickets, probably this change was necessary.

Aside from the BQ tickets, Augumentation Aid +40% and Color Change Pass are some of the important items which NA server is now missing. Hope they upgrade the login bonus when bonus ticket becomes available! ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: also confirmed that sub-class growth stops at level 55. After reaching level 55, sub-class can't earn XP anymore.

Added a few more updates to this tonight! Will have a video out shortly, which I'll add to the top post.