When can global expect expert matching?

Probably not going to happen, if we didn't have it by this point, then they decided to not bother, with the player base being as small as it is, this will likely create ghost towns on certain UQs. For now we just have to deal with the leechers and players who put no thought into gear, i'll sometimes check half the uq waiting to see if we have dio users, etc. overall I've had decent pug runs, you just can't wait too late to join.

But generally speaking, you have to use your best judgment when joining PUGs. don't do silly nonsense/make bad judgments like continue with a run if you're like 8/12 when the quest starts. Just re-enter the quest with enough people. Though even my worst runs have never been a C rank Never gotten below A, you must have just had a collection of the worst possible players, because the only way i can see a C happening is over half the MPA is terribly geared or as i stated above, you're running low number of players.

My only truly bad C rank run was someone hit the button when we had an undersized group. The only hangup I regularly see is when the path splits in Lament, people don’t know what to do and stand around, and of course people still die a lot to Shiva but I think it will get better. I haven’t run into leechers for that one yet.

Expert matchmaking on NA is basically joining an alliance and running with them. It's free to do and 99% of the time you dont even need to socialize with them.

Well, NGS will have gear score so that might be something.

@Ranmaru I posted a Twitter link in another thread on the gear and PA/Tech scores, something like that is badly needed.

Hi all. So, how would you want this expert matchmaking block to work? Can you explain what you guys think would be ideal?

@GM-Deynger In the JP version it's not a block, but a checkbox in the quest counter that the players can enable.

Only players that have completed the requirements can enable expert matchmaking, and when it's enabled, when accepting a quest these players automatically join multiparties with other expert players, those that don't have expert enabled can't join these multiparties.

It's similar to the "Enter Room Where Calling Allies is Not Allowed" option (that is, multiparties that don't allow for NPCs to join).

The checkbox for expert matchmaking is already in the EN version, but it's currently permanently disabled:

alt text

In the JP version, the current requirements for expert matchmaking aren't hard, it's just S ranking the extreme quest "Elite Training: Madness & Phantasms" and S ranking the solo trigger with ESCA Falz Mother and Deus ESCA in XH.

@GM-Deynger said in When can global expect expert matching?:

So, how would you want this expert matchmaking block to work?

People don't want a "block". They want:

alt text

the second setting to be available.

@GM-Deynger said in When can global expect expert matching?:

Can you explain what you guys think would be ideal?

I think that we should make it available to players that obtained the "Tainted by the Profound" and the "Eternal Loner" (or whatever it's called on global) title. That would ensure that only players who have both the dedication and the mastery of the game to be called "an expert" would have access to it. I also wouldn't put the bar any lower than that otherwise it would just be arbitrarily at that point in which case it would be hard to argue why "the top 10%" deserve to get special treatment but not the "top 20%" or the "top 30%" as they too want to avoid "the leeches".

@Ryoga Expert would be DOA with the Eternal Loner requirement and I don't see why the EN version should get harder expert requirements than the JP version.

In my opinion it should be just the same expert requirements as JP, yeah, they're relatively easy requirements, but they're enough to stop those that don't put at least the minimum effort.

There's no reason for hard requirements in a game that is on its end, NGS is only a few months away after all.

Yeah, Eternal Loner just wouldn't work. There's probably like, 10 people on Global who have it (though I don't really keep up), and they're not all on the same ship. Can't even make one MPA with that! I have the title but I wouldn't even bother using Expert with that.

Personally I think Expert requirements should be harder than JP, but not just here getting harder requirements, JP as well.

"Endless Loner" I personally think is an alright requirement, especially since the Klauz equipment is coming soon, and it tests you on a lot of skills instead of just shooting a few bosses for a few minutes. It's just a 1-lap run of the quest "Endless Battle: Edge of Recollection"

Ultimately though, I'm of the opinion that Expert in its current state won't make much of a difference. It might do for the first week or so, but when people learn about it, they'll figure out how to get the titles with the minimal effort. With the existence of Étoile as a main and a sub class, I don' think it's possible to really do anything hard.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more "Eternal Loner" (or a similar title) as the expert requirement would be amazing, because the shitstorm it would create would be amazing, as most people asking for Expert would never be able to get into it.

if this is regarding armada VR....

Back when this first came out i pretty much didnt pug it until i think day 2 or 3 when it was pretty early and nobody in my alliance/group was organizing anything at the time so i just pubbed it with one of my alliance members. We failed the DPS check in the first area AND the execour/Fodrus room which absolutely baffled me. On day 1 i was confused hearing some of my friends in the group i'm in had a 28 minute run of the UQ after we were getting 10-13 minute runs in our own mpa's. After actually pugging it a few times ive seen some really bad mpas. These runs do exist. You might be just getting really lucky and avoiding them all lol.

There are a few ways though to actually reduce the chances of bad things happening though from what ive discussed with freinds which ill share hoping it'll help someone out.

-Rangers can weak bullet and shoot the giant ships with homing bullet thus reducing the chance of a ship actually getting away. Peirce arrow on bows can also? hit the ships if i recall.

-Hero's can use a Snow TMG with burn V to burn Execours butt almost right away if lucky, This means pubs can dps execour and hopefully reduce the chances of failing this fight.

-Techter and Force can use Rezandia to plow through the groups of mobs in area 1 this is really useful so others can focus less on the mobs and more on the Berouge's. Also Zanverse in the case of techter.

Just some things you can maybe do assuming you use these classes and want to mitigate potential failing. Anyways while i liked expert matching on JP, It wouldn't really be a good idea on global with its already pretty small playerbase. If pubs are really bad for you, really stop torturing yourself and try and find a alliance doing endgame content as stated above.

imo risk realm solo is a good bar for expert requirement, just make it that they have to clear all the stages order if u want to make it somewhat hard if we do get expert matching which u need decent gears/decent at class/know how to play the game/not having deos/sigma or +0 weps to clear which is what we're trying to avoid with this expert matching.

as someone only play on NA I find endless to be pointless n feel that its a waste of time to learn, its irrelavant content at this point of the game.

sry to those JP vets who feel proud of their endless scores but we're in pso2 NA n there are good NA players n making endless an expert requirement feels like "expert matching" is exclusive to JP vets that had to learn endless when it was out over there n relavant at that time.

@Choi said in When can global expect expert matching?:

imo risk realm solo is a good bar for expert requirement, just make it that they have to clear all the stages order if u want to make it somewhat hard if we do get expert matching which u need decent gears/decent at class/know how to play the game/not having deos/sigma or +0 weps to clear which is what we're trying to avoid with this expert matching.

as someone only play on NA I find endless to be pointless n feel that its a waste of time to learn, its irrelavant content at this point of the game.

sry to those JP vets who feel proud of their endless scores but we're in pso2 NA n there are good NA players n making endless an expert requirement feels like "expert matching" is exclusive to JP vets that had to learn endless when it was out over there n relavant at that time.

While solo Risk Realm, would probably be a good bar to set for expert, the chances of them changing it are extremely low, even the chances of getting expert with the same requirements as jp at this point is pretty slim.

The whole point of endless is bettering your score, it’s a score based mode it’s the main reason why you run it. The fact that you’ve called the hardest content in the game, and I’m specifically referring to a 3-lap solo clear, (with maybe the exception of masq 999) irrelevant is laughable. Irrelevant content is doing stuff like VH FF AQ runs for leveling, cause theirs better options now. The only way these runs would become irrelevant is if we got classes and gear that made the challenge of doing them irrelevant, and considering the top titles are still hard to do even with maxed endgame weapons, units and affixes, means they are far from irrelevant.

The whole thing reads like you tried endless a few times and didn’t do very well, and instead of taking the time to learn them, or admit you just weren’t very good at them, you’ve labeled them as irrelevant content, especially when you are simultaneously being dismiss of anyone that has taken the time and effort to get good at the these runs. Also I’m a global only player and has of yet don’t have really any of the titles tied to endless.

u right i didnt try hard at it, the effort for the reward is not worth it. i only did 1 lap n its pointless to do more lap becos its just the same thing over again. havent touch it since.

the only thing getting high score in endless shows is that u know how to do each stage effectively, u can agree with me on this?

we're just playing a diff style of playing mmo

to me its irelevant becos it doesnt better my char in term of gears or playstyle, instead of spending hours learning then spending 1hr+ for a single score run for some sgs n deos/sigma is not fun. i rather spend that on lvls for more transfer passes.

to u might be diff i respect that if u feel atked i apologize.

@Choi said in When can global expect expert matching?:

i didnt try it i only did 1 lap n its pointless to do more lap becos its just the same thing over again.

the only thing getting high score in endless shows is that u know how to do each stage effectively, u can agree with me on this?

we're just playing a diff style of playing mmo

to me its irelevant becos it doesnt better my char in term of gears or playstyle, instead of spending hours learning then spending 1hr+ for a single score run for some sgs n deos/sigma is not fun. i rather spend that on lvls for more transfer passes.

to u might be diff i respect that if u feel atked i apologize.

It is true that the stages do repeat again after the first lap, but the same thing could basically be said about any of the content in this game, once you’ve done it a few times it just the same over and over again. Yes getting a high score does basically show you know how to play each stage effectively but the same goes for any run fast in the game. It’s knowing how to play your class and when to do what.

I by no means, mean to suggest that you need to be playing endless or should be playing endless, and yes the drops are awful but that’s not what they’re their for. It’s a performance based game mode, you’re doing it for the score, and it’s perfectly ok if that doesn’t interest you, it’s why they create all this different content so everyone can find something they are interested in. The point I was trying to make and I pro came across a bit strong, was while endless might not interest you that doesn’t make it irrelevant content, it just makes it content that’s not for you. Also in case I wasn’t clear before even though I like the idea of endless it definitely shouldn’t be used as expert requirement if they did ever release it and update it.