Why are photoners called "Photoners"?

I'm not familiar much with the whole PSO lore, but in context, Photons in physics are whats called the particles of light, which emit from any light source, be it a light-bulb or the Sun shining on us in the middle of the day.

But why the Photons, the thing which makes us wield all sorts of power and cast photon arts, are called after the particles of light in physics? Same question for why the Photoner race are called the "Photoners" race.

I think there's multiple reasons they chose photons. For one thing because photons can technically be used to power things in real life (think solar power). And another is a connection to the profound darkness, the ARKS use attacks and weapons made of light to destroy/remove the F-Factor/darkness from infected creatures.

Also the first form of the Profound Darkness itself we see is shaped like a flower, and it wants to absorb all photons in existence. What's actually different about the way the ARKS use photons where they're able to damage that form of the Profound Darkness I'm not sure though.

The source of magic power and all life are just commonly one and the same in a lot of fantasy based games.

@Charus said in Why are photoners called "Photoners"?:

I'm not familiar much with the whole PSO lore, but in context, Photons in physics are whats called the particles of light, which emit from any light source, be it a light-bulb or the Sun shining on us in the middle of the day.

let me correct you on that Photons are not particles that carry or emit light, they are elementary particles that carry eletromagnetic radiation, visible light is just one of several types of eletromagnetic radiations

now why is called like that in PSO2 well in the lore it tells that photons are light particles that exist through the universe and considering that they work pretty similar to real Photons they decided to use the name, also keep in mind that this name was not originaly used in PSO2, PSU also uses Photons.

now about the Photoners is much simpler they got that name because they were the ones that discovered the Photons and how to harness their power, however keep in mind that it was Sega who choose the name and they never gave a real reason for why they choose the name