[JP] GameWatch Article

As linked in Rappy Comu Twitter.

Google Translated:

["PSO2: NGS" has 6 presets for graphic settings from "Lowest" to "Ultra". When launched, it automatically sets the optimal preset, but you can further customize the details from there. What is worrisome is how much the graphics are different. I compared the graphics with three settings: an artificial object where jaggies are easily noticeable, a distant view, and a reflection setting on the water surface. There is not much difference between high and higher settings, especially ultra and super, but at low settings, it can be seen that there is a considerable difference in expression by one step.]

So in other words, the potato lives!

[Since the body can be selected separately from the face, you can also create a macho that wants to look like a beautiful girl. Accessory parts are cost-based. Up to 12 can be installed if the cost does not exceed the maximum of 18.*]

*= There may be changes to the Cost limit in the future due to ongoing development. Speculation states it might be to improve performance.

[The main story was not implemented in CBT, and a dedicated tutorial quest was prepared. If you do this up to level 5, you will be able to do whatever you want. If you are exploring here and there, you will find something unexpected.]

#NoSpoilers

[There are also "dread enemies" where field boss-like enemies appear, and "gigantics" which appear only in specific weather. These enemies also mercilessly attack in the safe exploration section. Shortly after leaving Central City on a rainy night, he encountered level 18 gigantics and sometimes fled to the city for his life.]

YES! Something to kill RMT Bots with!

(Please don't gank other legit players who aren't spamming URLs, or you might get banned.)

I hope the optimization for consoles is better this time around/gets improved with the graphical update. As I run a base OG xbox one and even with my settings set to minimum (no player accessories shown either and only 4 people load in looks wise) the game still has quite a few hitching problems in lobbies even when said block is only half full. Trying to get anything done even in menus beyond that is painful. And I know for a fact that it's a console problem in general since I have a friend who has a One X (best version of the xbox one) and still had the same issues.

I am still a bit confused about the player model situation though. Is it really one model for both PSO2 and PSO2 NGS? I wouldn't think so since you can do something like mix cast parts with non cast stuff. But I don't know for sure. I'm curious because I'm not sure I want to change the way my characters currently look. But I worry about them in cutscenes.

@Knight-Raime said in [JP] GameWatch Article:

I hope the optimization for consoles is better this time around/gets improved with the graphical update. As I run a base OG xbox one and even with my settings set to minimum (no player accessories shown either and only 4 people load in looks wise) the game still has quite a few hitching problems in lobbies even when said block is only half full. Trying to get anything done even in menus beyond that is painful. And I know for a fact that it's a console problem in general since I have a friend who has a One X (best version of the xbox one) and still had the same issues.

I am still a bit confused about the player model situation though. Is it really one model for both PSO2 and PSO2 NGS? I wouldn't think so since you can do something like mix cast parts with non cast stuff. But I don't know for sure. I'm curious because I'm not sure I want to change the way my characters currently look. But I worry about them in cutscenes.

It's two models which are compatible to some extent, but switches you between them dependent on the basewear/Body part.

@MasterDarkwingz said in [JP] GameWatch Article:

*= There have been changes to a 16 Cost limit. Speculation states it was to improve performance.

Have they changed the 18 cost limit? Really?

@Fiona-Respha said in [JP] GameWatch Article:

*= There have been changes to a 16 Cost limit. Speculation states it was to improve performance.

There was a screenshot mentioning a Cost change. Not sure when or what it changed to.

There was a screenshot mentioning a Cost change. Not sure when or what it changed to.

Is that a reliable source?

Is that a reliable source?

Google Translate is never that reliable, lol.

@MasterDarkwingz

So you're saying I can have two separate looks (one for og and the other for ngs) for one character?

@MasterDarkwingz

So you're saying I can have two separate looks (one for og and the other for ngs) for one character?

Not really. There's currently a bug with the body sliders which makes the character fatter in NGS.

Switching body types may require a Salon Pass depending on if the bugs are fixed, and if the sliders will automatically match.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem for F2P users who actively play for free items.

Again, everything is still under development, so the finalized payment methods aren't officially disclosed.

@MasterDarkwingz Can I have a look at the screenshot? If it's a matter of translation, I think I can be of help.

@Fiona-Respha It's fine, I edited OP since I can't confirm if the final Cost will change.

@MasterDarkwingz

Unfortunate. Guess i'll need to make new characters then if I don't want to let go of my current looks.

@MasterDarkwingz

Unfortunate. Guess i'll need to make new characters then if I don't want to let go of my current looks.

I'm not sure how the Save Character Data feature will work, considering there was a lot of restrictions in CBT.

You might be able to have the loadouts saved for convenience sake, but I'm not certain.

I swear that I read somewhere that you can desync your PSO2-style and NGS-style bodies, so changes made to one don't effect the other (like how you can with CAST and fleshie forms), but I can't seem to find where I did.

@AndrlCh said in [JP] GameWatch Article:

I swear that I read somewhere that you can desync your PSO2-style and NGS-style bodies, so changes made to one don't effect the other (like how you can with CAST and fleshie forms), but I can't seem to find where I did.

I'm sure that there will be official guides out after launch.

I don't know which part of the UI to be looking out for during Vtuber or YouTuber CBT footage.