NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D

@NotWhoUThink said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

@Akonyl said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

Callling it slots is probably a bit misleading, since it's a weight system where each accessory seems to cost 2-4 points. So it's more similar to having 4 slots if you use "big" accessories, or 8/9 if you use a ton of small accessories.

So basically a Tales of Berseria system?

Maybe? Honestly I never bothered with accessories in Berseria, so I couldn't tell you, I usually don't mess with cosmetics too much when a char in a game has a "canonical" look.

I’d like to know a weight list as well. How much will wings be? Or visual effects like snow or sparkles over your head? Very interesting system but I’m going to be sad if I can wear even less accessories than before because they’re too heavy.

@Milk said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

I’d like to know a weight list as well. How much will wings be? Or visual effects like snow or sparkles over your head? Very interesting system but I’m going to be sad if I can wear even less accessories than before because they’re too heavy.

I'm guessing that the JP AC and SG Scratch item list might be updated to include the Cost in addition to category revisions.

@Milk said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

I’m going to be sad if I can wear even less accessories than before because they’re too heavy.

Everything shown in the video I linked and also the Prologue 1 video before it which was also dubbed into English on the official PSO2 Global YouTube Channel used 2-4 points, though the only 2-point ones that made it to the screen were small hats, glasses and headpieces that probably had no animation or gravity.

I certainly doubt capes are going to be 1-point accessories. Those are large (larger accessories seen in the videos so far tend to have a higher point cost) and certainly have gravity. I find it unlikely they'd be less than 4 points.

So long as 4 points is the maximum, NGS will always give more freedom than we currently have in PSO2; if our main loadouts now are four 4-point accessories that'll total 16 points in NGS and the increase to 18 will give us 2 extra points to work with. Anything less than 4 points in our current loadouts (for instance these videos show the Oculus Hat I use regularly is 3 points) will add to that. It's not a huge upgrade in creative freedom, but it's something.

I'm more interested in the number of accessory positions ("slots" to some) that can be used. I mentioned earlier I wasn't sure, and looking back at the Prologue 1 video linked above I'm still not. That video does scroll down a bit once:

e66786e5-c2e3-46a7-9f58-a1ccec7e48a3-image.png

The gap above the bar is definitely positions 1 and 2, and the gap below it is about 1.5 times that size which suggests there's 3 more below position 9. This would mean there's 12 positions in total to spend those 18 points on, so even if there were 1-point accessories we probably couldn't use 18 of those unless that window is paged or still being limited to simplify the closed beta.

Then again if there aren't 1-point accessories there'd never be any need to have more than 9 positions on the list, so either they are considering 1-point accessories, they hadn't realised that when putting more positions on the list, or the window contents below position 9 are for other options we didn't get to see.

What are the limitations on color changing of accessories? Cuz i remember them showing that we could change the colors of our accessories but they also said that there would have been some limitation

@Koga said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

What are the limitations on color changing of accessories? Cuz i remember them showing that we could change the colors of pur accessories but they also said that there would have been some limitation

In the vid they showed a month or so ago, the accessories could be colorchanged, but only to specific swatches that seemed to be based on other parts of your character.

alt text

options being the top just being default, followed by skin/hair/eyes/costume/parts

interestingly if you can choose from Parts color even as a non-CAST, then you can basically make four "custom color" slots for accessories by using Parts colors, but we'll see how it actually works.

@Miraglyth

Ahh ok, thanks for the links! I can’t watch them until I get home, stupid phone connection. 😧 Good to know I might still get to wear everything though.

If it helps summarise:

Both links, as they were on previous posts, should take you directly to the parts of the videos that touch on accessories.

Quna Chain is 4 points, which is a tiny accessory but it has physics. So with that said, don't expect the cost to be based on size and more on how taxing it is on performance.

alt text alt text alt text

@Vashzaron said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

don't expect the cost to be based on size and more on how taxing it is on performance

RIP my plans to remove all transparency from the water ball by stacking more than 4 on top of each other... v.v

Physics does seem to be a factor but not an instant 4 points; the last screenshot above features Springy Eye L which reacts to movement and is 3 points.

I'm interested in how animation without physics might be treated, with obvious reference to my halo set since if those are 3 points rather than 4 that'd give me 6 points rather than 3 to work with in NGS. The only similar item I see in the above screenshots is Cyber Goggles A which is 3 points, though it is smaller and simpler so I'm guessing the halos will be borderline between 3 and 4.

Although I think the point system for fashion and rarity for fashion is unnecessary it's somewhat in the right direction. I'm guessing some NGS accessories will be exploited for lower cost points. Ex: Old Angel Halo: 4 pts -> New Angel Halo: 2 pts. etc. etc. We'll see, at this point it's kind of obvious what kind of marketing mechanics NGS will have, which isn't that bad. Heck maybe only free players get a max of 18 points, and premium players get a max of 25+ points. You read it here first 🙂

SS from @mikenek32557985

alt text

"I experienced the change in Cost with 7 as my max. I think it's possible to have as many as 9, if you ignore the appearance."

I would have to check JP gaming websites for early reviews on performance and accessories to see if they correlate.

@MasterDarkwingz said in NGS Confirmed To Have 16 Accessory Slots! ;D:

SS from @mikenek32557985

alt text

"I experienced the change in Cost with 7 as my max. I think it's possible to have as many as 9, if you ignore the appearance."

I would have to check JP gaming websites for early reviews on performance and accessories to see if they correlate.

Wow that’s exciting news! Looks are going to get even more creative now.

To anyone from CBT: How about the angle, position, color, and size? I want to see the min and max for those. Sometimes I want to totally rotate or move an accessory past it's design.