Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?

@Zeke said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Ship 1-4 has a noticeable drop in players.

Going by Steam charts, it works out to about 30% since September but that drop happened between September and November with all counts since then being higher.

It definitely feels less full than when I joined but this happens to every game before a major content release. Heck even in ffxiv we had folks just idling in good ol’ Idyllshire waiting for Stormblood, then Kugane for Shadowbringers. Even the most popular games still have quiet periods where people either sit and chat with friends or go play something else. There’s a ton of games out there, people just get bored waiting for something new.

So far from what I’ve seen, ship 2 is doing pretty well, I still see a wide variety of people, not just the same set of regulars. Ship 1 I haven’t had enough time to check out fully but at first glance it also looked well populated. ship 3 looked like it had less people than it did when I joined but nowhere near a desert town and ship 4 has always been kinda empty but it feels somehow emptier.

Which is why a transfer is in order but I can’t decide yet, so many pros and cons to explore.

Yep game is dead until NGS comes out or when new weapons comes out. Nobody is grinding anymore. Currently on ship2, theres max of 1 MPA running for triggers and it sometimes takes like 10mins to fill it up.

Most people are just afk in lobby and even then, its the same people you see everyday. No blocks are with overflows anymore compared to back then.

I mean I don't have that issue on ship 2 I find people and plenty of them to hangout and run things maybe compared to how it was previously but compared to ship 3 its poppin off very well.

@The-Great-Paisano said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

I mean I don't have that issue on ship 2 I find people and plenty of them to hangout and run things maybe compared to how it was previously but compared to ship 3 its poppin off very well.

I just transfeted all my toons with all my loot on them to ship 2. Can confirm that ship 3 is dying off and ship 4 is essentially dead.

Does it have a population to play with? Of course, but it isn't surging with players. I'm sure when NGS launches that will change, but until then ship 3/4 are gonna be quiet community ships.

And the self-fulfilling prophecy continues...

A question for @Zeke: Is challenge mode any less dead? Buster quests? Old triggers? Ridroid quests? Are the universal Battle Ship blocks now less dead because you came from a different non-universal ship?

Because let's all not forget that the OP started this topic asking about battle arena and blaming that on a ship.

@Miraglyth said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

And the self-fulfilling prophecy continues...

A question for @Zeke: Is challenge mode any less dead? Buster quests? Old triggers? Ridroid quests? Are the universal Battle Ship blocks now less dead because you came from a different non-universal ship?

Because let's all not forget that the OP started this topic asking about battle arena and blaming that on a ship.

Pvp isn't ship based and that's been dead since release. Pvp in this game is just bad. Challange quests have always been dead since release and buster quests are useless. No reason to run them. Old triggers are only done for titles since the gear they drop is severely outdated. Riproid is always done by players IF the event requires it; otherwise, its dead content no one does.

3 doesn’t seem dead but from lobby alone it doesn’t look as full as it used to. UQ and Buster are about the same as before.

It took like 9 years for PSO2 JP to reach Episode 6. It was quite a long wait time.

@Milk said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

3 doesn’t seem dead but from lobby alone it doesn’t look as full as it used to. UQ and Buster are about the same as before.

Oh Ship 3 and 4 have players to do content with easily. Issue is that UNLESS you're with these communities good luck finding people.

@Milk said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Oh Ship 3 and 4 have players to do content with easily. Issue is that UNLESS you're with these communities good luck finding people.

My main is on 4 and an alt is on 3, other than pvp(which isn’t ship based obviously) I honestly have zero problems running with pugs on any of the content. Busters are never full but it’s always enough people to complete it at least. UQ is full if you join at start, sometimes less numbers if you try to run it the last five minutes. It’s overall alright. The problem is the lobbies just don’t look full enough outside of block 1.

Pvp isn't ship based

That's my point. This topic's OP blamed PVP being dead on Ship 3 lmao.

Good to know your move hasn't solved any of the issues this topic was first posted about.

@Miraglyth said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Pvp isn't ship based

That's my point. This topic's OP blamed PVP being dead on Ship 3 lmao.

Good to know your move hasn't solved any of the issues this topic was first posted about.

My addition was quoted to someone else and not the OP.

My post was in response to your ship move, to make the point that it doesn't solve any of the problems described and blamed on Ship 3 by the OP.

i mean, i would expect the most populous ship to have an easier time finding pugs than smaller ones, and Ship 2 is demonstrably more populated than 3.

At the same time, PSO2 is set up in a way that unless you are struggling to fill up UQs on a regular basis or the lack of players leads to a poor economy, population doesn't really matter. At least that is how it feels to me, as someone who has been on Ship 3 since Xbox open beta. I've not had an issue with finding groups for things, even at off-hours. If anything, the amount of times I've turned down group requests is actually starting to bother me lol (I prefer playing alone over playing in groups, so even if someone asks me to join a Divide Quest I often turn them down and then run it anyway....)

Also, while I don't have characters on other ships, Discord and Twitter are littered with complaints from Ship 2 about dead content and screenshots of undergeared players joining UH groups lol. It's a bit silly to hold up personal experiences as irrefutable proof that ship 3 is dead. Like, I'm sorry OP couldn't get the games they wanted here and I'm glad they found a ship that works for them....but the only time I had trouble finding a group for something I wanted to do was Space Magatsu during the last week it was up, and that's probably because it sucked and had bad rewards 🤷 So I can't really relate.