Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?

@Blade-Syphon said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

You were posting in a topic a few weeks about one step away from outright demanding Sega completely changes their scheduled plans to add a PSO2 Premium campaign because you decided it was time for one.

I'm sorry but this just isn't comparable.

First, Sega's scheduled plan is to run a Buy Premium campaign roughly every 90 days (which makes sense; the primary offering in the campaign is to give an emote away as a bonus for buying 90 days of premium). JP has followed this since before Global launched (the last one started 13 Jan 2021 and going backwards the gaps to the previous campaigns were 91 days, 85 days, 83 days and lastly 88 days which takes you back to 01 Feb 2020 predating Global's closed beta). What happened on Global was a significant deviation since our wait was ultimately 140 days with no delay announced so we couldn't buy premium for fear of missing out on what would have been called a campaign we should have expected because of such a regular schedule.

Second, that's an unfair characterisation for multiple reasons. The topic was literally called "New Buy Premium campaign please!". That's a request, not "one step away from outright demanding". As the topic ultimately extended 5½ weeks beyond the initial request I tried to present the benefit of expedience in providing the next campaign soon (and note language such as "Thanks. I'd like to make special request that..."). I would also invite you to compare the topic's tone with that of a handful of others posted recently but it's not my place to judge what's acceptable conduct here.

Third, with reference to the topic itself again, I didn't claim to speak for anyone. I described a realistic group of users impacted by the delay ("People who bought into [the last campaign] [snip] have now seen their premium expire.") which is a factual description of that impact. I'd also like to note the first five replies echoed the request including one stating "Count me on this bandwagon" and none of that was solicited; it's not even really possible to "act as though you're the sole voice of the community" when several other voices are already there, you know? And I certainly don't need to "realize" I'm one person when I've never thought otherwise. I welcome disagreement; discussion would be largely pointless without it.

Lastly, that was a direct request to Sega via the GM team here. This topic is a community-addressing discussion of content popularity which has branched out a bit but lately has been talking about options for adjusting the player shop system to discourage hoarding. If I have reason to believe an idea described as a fix would accomplish the opposite and can reference experience and past multiplayer games to explain that, why shouldn't I bring that to the discussion? Not doing so presents an (appreciably tiny) risk of the idea being implemented, in particular since New Genesis is known to be making changes, which the aforementioned experience says would harm it at a pivotal time for the game's long-term future.

I also apologise if you think this response is "going way overboard", but your complaint had quite a few elements that all needed unpicking and addressing. More importantly to me as one person though, I apologise to all for this unwanted diversion from the various discussions and would like to see those return to focus.

@Miraglyth said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

@Blade-Syphon said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

You were posting in a topic a few weeks about one step away from outright demanding Sega completely changes their scheduled plans to add a PSO2 Premium campaign because you decided it was time for one.

I'm sorry but this just isn't comparable.

First, Sega's scheduled plan is to run a Buy Premium campaign roughly every 90 days (which makes sense; the primary offering in the campaign is to give an emote away as a bonus for buying 90 days of premium). JP has followed this since before Global launched (the last one started 13 Jan 2021 and going backwards the gaps to the previous campaigns were 91 days, 85 days, 83 days and lastly 88 days which takes you back to 01 Feb 2020 predating Global's closed beta). What happened on Global was a significant deviation since our wait was ultimately 140 days with no delay announced so we couldn't buy premium for fear of missing out on what would have been called a campaign we should have expected because of such a regular schedule.

Second, that's an unfair characterisation for multiple reasons. The topic was literally called "New Buy Premium campaign please!". That's a request, not "one step away from outright demanding". As the topic ultimately extended 5½ weeks beyond the initial request I tried to present the benefit of expedience in providing the next campaign soon (and note language such as "Thanks. I'd like to make special request that..."). I would also invite you to compare the topic's tone with that of a handful of others posted recently but it's not my place to judge what's acceptable conduct here.

Third, with reference to the topic itself again, I didn't claim to speak for anyone. I described a realistic group of users impacted by the delay ("People who bought into [the last campaign] [snip] have now seen their premium expire.") which is a factual description of that impact. I'd also like to note the first five replies echoed the request including one stating "Count me on this bandwagon" and none of that was solicited; it's not even really possible to "act as though you're the sole voice of the community" when several other voices are already there, you know? And I certainly don't need to "realize" I'm one person when I've never thought otherwise. I welcome disagreement; discussion would be largely pointless without it.

Lastly, that was a direct request to Sega via the GM team here. This topic is a community-addressing discussion of content popularity which has branched out a bit but lately has been talking about options for adjusting the player shop system to discourage hoarding. If I have reason to believe an idea described as a fix would accomplish the opposite and can reference experience and past multiplayer games to explain that, why shouldn't I bring that to the discussion? Not doing so presents an (appreciably tiny) risk of the idea being implemented, in particular since New Genesis is known to be making changes, which the aforementioned experience says would harm it at a pivotal time for the game's long-term future.

I also apologise if you think this response is "going way overboard", but your complaint had quite a few elements that all needed unpicking and addressing. More importantly to me as one person though, I apologise to all for this unwanted diversion from the various discussions and would like to see those return to focus.

Some people just don't have a life outside of forums feels bad.

God damn you people can be mean sometimes.

@Milk said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Is the truth mean?

Mean while on ship 3... 1a17eb80-1233-4309-9914-82e123dfe657-image.png 2934b82f-b6ff-48f3-bde7-f94bf5b284c2-image.png 07df30cb-beb8-4b80-a0d4-8f954a9b330d-image.png 17d0c68e-bb70-409b-90f9-bc36eed82dec-image.png

If it wasn't for the free units and free 15star weapons give away on the platform we would all be que'd with 10 star weapon alleys LOL!!!!! Mean while these people contribute to the failure of the UQ runs. I think only once I passed all stages on ship 3.. here the pics why :3 This is how afk and lazy ship3 is.

@The-Great-Paisano said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Mean while on ship 3...

FYI folks on Ships 1 and 2 have described and shown PUGs wiping to Shiva's counter too.

Amidst various campaign and rankings deadlines I've only managed to do 4 or 5 runs, all with PUGs, and haven't had a group either fail the run or get a C rank, but that's all luck of the draw and just as no ship is immune to that, no one run is indicative of the whole ship.

@The-Great-Paisano

I literally have at least one character on all four ships, when you put it that way the entire population is lazy because I see the same thing everywhere. There’s good and bad on every ship. I get C rank just from people being too impatient to wait an extra 30 seconds for more people. In every single UQ there have been the dead men in the corner that people run out of moons for, the same Deo gear and same excuses. The game attracts casual players, that’s just the way it is sometimes.

@Milk I mean I haven't gotten anything lower than an A rank on any UQ. It might just be the small population on Ship 4 but people seem to know what they're doing for the most part. You should know what I mean by small population because you've likely seen the same people in a UQ on a consistent basis if you are on Ship 4 like you said.

These two spout fake news 🐷

I'm also in the general A-S rank range for this new UQ in pubs. It is far from impossible, although I'm having to get used to stealing away boss aggro at the end. At least dancing with Shiva is fun.

If you want an actual answer regarding the population, a key word that will apply to many is "Burn out". An expected side effect of the increased content pace.

@NotWhoUThink said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

@Milk I mean I haven't gotten anything lower than an A rank on any UQ. It might just be the small population on Ship 4 but people seem to know what they're doing for the most part. You should know what I mean by small population because you've likely seen the same people in a UQ on a consistent basis if you are on Ship 4 like you said.

@The-Great-Paisano

My main is on ship 4, I play on all of them because I know someone on all of them and the game doesn’t allow cross-play. Unfortunately yes I’ve gotten C rank on ship 4, like I said, people didn’t want to wait for full parties.

@The-Great-Paisano

My main is on ship 4, I play on all of them because I know someone on all of them and the game doesn’t allow cross-play. Unfortunately yes I’ve gotten C rank on ship 4, like I said, people didn’t want to wait for full parties.

I must be getting lucky then although I do know what you mean by people starting a UQ too early. It happens to me too but not very often anyways. I do think it's an issue, though probably not of the highest priority.

I must be getting lucky then although I do know what you mean by people starting a UQ too early. It happens to me too but not very often anyways. I do think it's an issue, though probably not of the highest priority.

Yeah those people really suck, it takes twice as long. I also get the parties that still can’t figure out Shiva, usually half the party dies. Heck I ran it before work to level a class on SH and we had half the people die to Shiva. My last run on UH freaking almost everyone died but two of us. I don’t think I’ve even seen an S rank yet, I haven’t run it a lot yet so maybe my luck will change. The mechanics mimic a lot of FFXIV fights so I don’t find it difficult but if this kind of boss gimmick is new to them then maybe it comes as a shock? I just hope for better runs.

I wonder if I’ve seen you before in the lobby!

Is the truth mean?

Mean while on ship 3... 1a17eb80-1233-4309-9914-82e123dfe657-image.png 2934b82f-b6ff-48f3-bde7-f94bf5b284c2-image.png 07df30cb-beb8-4b80-a0d4-8f954a9b330d-image.png 17d0c68e-bb70-409b-90f9-bc36eed82dec-image.png

If it wasn't for the free units and free 15star weapons give away on the platform we would all be que'd with 10 star weapon alleys LOL!!!!! Mean while these people contribute to the failure of the UQ runs. I think only once I passed all stages on ship 3.. here the pics why :3 This is how afk and lazy ship3 is.

Unfortunately, this nonsense has been all over this game, Always players trying to sneak in these UQs with that type of gear, hoping no one will notice. they also love to be the party leaders as well, which i'm sure will become evident as to why.

LOL! Gotta get that Rare Drop Rate that badly, huh?

Meanwhile, my inventory is too full to Re-Aug everything...

Yeah those people really suck, it takes twice as long. I also get the parties that still can’t figure out Shiva, usually half the party dies. Heck I ran it before work to level a class on SH and we had half the people die to Shiva. My last run on UH freaking almost everyone died but two of us. I don’t think I’ve even seen an S rank yet, I haven’t run it a lot yet so maybe my luck will change. The mechanics mimic a lot of FFXIV fights so I don’t find it difficult but if this kind of boss gimmick is new to them then maybe it comes as a shock? I just hope for better runs.

I wonder if I’ve seen you before in the lobby!

It's possible you've seen me in the lobby. I have 4 characters that I use with 2 of them being Dark Falz characters, one is Getthemult (aka Elder) and the other one is Fleur (aka the female Gemini twin). One of my other characters is Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles. But yeah after 3 fights and some forum reading I learned when not to attack Shiva. I do definitely see people still die though from her counterattack though. I generally get an A rank though because my team usually can't kill the two bosses right before Shiva and Varuna fast enough. I've gotten 2 S ranks so far funnily enough.