Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?

@NotWhoUThink said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

It's possible you've seen me in the lobby. I have 4 characters that I use with 2 of them being Dark Falz characters, one is Getthemult (aka Elder) and the other one is Fleur (aka the female Gemini twin). One of my other characters is Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles. But yeah after 3 fights and some forum reading I learned when not to attack Shiva. I do definitely see people still die though from her counterattack though. I generally get an A rank though because my team usually can't kill the two bosses right before Shiva and Varuna fast enough. I've gotten 2 S ranks so far funnily enough.

Hmm off the top of my head I only recall seeing a Dark Falz Luther regularly! I play at strange hours though.

That’s why I only get A rank, too. My group never kills both bosses in time. Someday I’ll get an S rank. 😞

People seem to be hung up over getting S rank but the impact "rank" has on the drops is something that has never been properly explained from any official souce and seems to be different from quest to quest. We only know for sure that some client orders / titles require you to clear quest X with rank Y and that some few quests give out extra rewards for S ranking them (e.g. solo PD). If you only expect to kill one of the bosses right before the end then focus on Exegul as he can at least drop some modules.

@Ryoga said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

People seem to be hung up over getting S rank but the impact "rank" has on the drops is something that has never been properly explained from any official souce and seems to be different from quest to quest. We only know for sure that some client orders / titles require you to clear quest X with rank Y and that some few quests give out extra rewards for S ranking them (e.g. solo PD). If you only expect to kill one of the bosses right before the end then focus on Exegul as he can at least drop some modules.

I think we got a few Rank A runs of UQ, and I still ended up with the Modules in my inventory.

@Milk said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Hmm off the top of my head I only recall seeing a Dark Falz Luther regularly! I play at strange hours though.

That’s why I only get A rank, too. My group never kills both bosses in time. Someday I’ll get an S rank. 😞

Luther (on Ship 4) is actually a friend (in game not irl) funnily enough so we actually hang out quite often.

I'm sure you'll get an S rank eventually though.

To me it probably has less to do with the drops. Considering how easy it is to get an S rank in the other mpa UQs it doesn't make too much sense to me and it just isn't as satisfying finishing with an A rank compared to getting an S rank. And I don't think I'm even a terrible player at all, I'm certainly not the best but I'm always trying to find a way to improve my gameplay even if only a little bit. It just feels dumb having bosses on short timer promoting more dps rather than more strategic thinking.

@The-Great-Paisano People don't want to do divide with random baddies. It's easier for a decent player to solo with the damage buffs. When I get dumped into a group of 3 other baddies it's nearly impossible to kill even Exegul in time, or they die too much and we fail. But I can solo him with 1:30 left on the clock. Or worse you get people that don't know what they are doing and just throw stages because they can't ask what to do. lol I have NEVER killed Mitra and Varuna with a PUG, it's a waste of time. So I don't bother with randoms.

I play on ship 3 and I have no issues doing content. Make friends, join a group chat of alliances and you will won't have any issues.

@TearDrops said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

@Blade-Syphon said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

But that's kind of the reality of theme-park MMOs like PSO2. As new content is released, older content loses it's relevancy, and the players focus on the current content that will progress their characters.

You are talking at best maybe 30% of players. Meanwhile, the remaining 70% of semi-casual to casual players get screwed over from all of this because there is a clear agenda by the PSO2 Team in catering towards these 30% of players by how they have been scheduling Urgent Quests.

• Armada of Annihilation has gone on for nearly 9 consecutive weeks, the longest of all Urgent Quests to date.
  • Barren Blossom, Corruptor of All is now the most frequently scheduled Urgent Quest since it was introduced, for a total of 12 weeks, 7 of them coming from just these past 2 months.

All the more while scheduling the Urgent Quests in such a way that there is zero chance of getting unscheduled Urgent Quests for all but one time slot on the majority of days.

They've clearly learned nothing from the Deus Esca schedule back in September. This past month has majestically been duller than the months before it. New players get to experience none of the old stuff, casual frequent, players are experiencing nearly the same things for weeks now - it's a lose scenario all-around. PSO2 used to be about variety; with Urgent Quests no longer having any variety and neither the Trigger Quests being played, this game is becoming less fun.

I miss the Beach Wars/Dignity of Steel Unleashed time period which I firmly believe to be PSO2 at its peak. It had everything right and was the most fun of PSO2 I had.

That said, I get that scheduled Urgent Quests now need to have a UH difficulty in it. But seriously, Armada for 9 weeks is stupid. Barren Blossom for 7 weeks, even if it is due to a Boost Quest, is also dumb. Meanwhile, there are a couple of other ones that I see in triggers that could have been scheduled Urgent Quests instead.

I hope they change it up after next maintenance.

I get what you mean about Armada, but you are going to miss it when it's gone. There is no trigger for it and it's basically the only main source of Duminus and Angele Glares. On JP when it left the price of those glares skyrocketed. I do wish we got more variety though like you said.

@VoreTechz said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

I get what you mean about Armada, but you are going to miss it when it's gone. There is no trigger for it and it's basically the only main source of Duminus and Angele Glares. On JP when it left the price of those glares skyrocketed. I do wish we got more variety though like you said.

You can still get Angele Glare after it's gone. The 4-man trigger for the Sector 3 nemesis fight drops from Ship Infiltration Ultimate Quest, and the trigger itself can drop Angele Glare.

Not sure if this been brought up already and you probably already know, but the new UQ (lament) getting S rank gives a title which gives 20 transfer passes, which is why many are keen to get that S at least once.

After being in some rough pugs the first couple days (especially as people learning it) generally seems better now for most pugs Im getting (Ship 4). [Disclaimer: Also of course pug RNG]

@Misuran Yes, that is true, but the drop rate on the trigger is very low. I have got 3 out of over 100 runs. So if you don't get lucky, you have to buy them, which makes them cost money just to farm them for a chance to get them. Alternatively you can user the Ekdyke Grudge unit SAF to print them, but that also costs money to do it from Dudu/Monica. That is why they cost over 1M a pop on JP.

I'm on ship 3 myself. While i can attest to some pugs being obscenely awful at times, i HAVE gotten some A ranks with pubs. Besides if i wanted 3 or even 4 runs of armada VR for example i've got groups for that. If nobody is on to create a full mpa ill just pug it with my alliance and we'll accept our fate and do our best to salvage the runs if the mpa is that bad. The moment you que up a pug you need to unfortunately accept that not every run will be amazing. It does suck and trust me it angers me too (i've been spoiled by pre-made lobbies since ep3) but there's nothing to really be done at this point. That being said this really isnt a ship 3 problem alone, I'm rather certain ships 1,2 and 4 have similar problems too.

Just dont be the guy that complains people who do premade lobbies are cyber-bullying because its screwing over pug quality. (something I actually saw being said recently in game).

As far ship3 in particular being lazy....People who idle in lobby don't reflect the full population of ship 3. Theres probably plenty being actually doing stuff, just in locked mpa's most likely. I will agree its a rather small population and if your not in one of the groups/communities/big active alliances it has you'll feel pretty lonely.

The best solution to not being stuck in bad MPA's is to do stuff with your alliance. There's quite a few really good active alliances on ship 3 so if your finding nobody to run with in your own perhaps look into joining one of them.

I'll end this off with saying ship 3 isnt perfect but its got its share of activity, mostly likely your just looking in the wrong spots.

@The-Great-Paisano

That doesnt mean its dead at all, you're being dramatic.

Im on ship and 3...theres always people playing. You have to take into account time zones, etc. People do sleep.

Then theres the fact that a lot of high leveled players are relegated to only running urgents or one other activity. The player base doesn't seem to play much just for fun, and there are no more expeditions to farm which is all segas bizzare fault. How there is no expedition for the photon fleet is beyond me. The enchanted forest days were spectacular and still one of the best singular missions in the whole game for the variety of enemies, perfect difficulty, bosses, everything. But as far as i can tell, the loot pool hasn't been updated, which is odd considering even vegas and tokyo's changed over time.

@VoreTechz You can defeat that annoying half tank boss...at all? Even in UQs ive yet to see a single team beat him (time is short as hell too)

I once got close to an A damaging him, but he is just the worst with ultra powerful screen filling attacks.

Otherwise divide has some trash levels (infiltrate stinks, defeat the boss stinks, defeat enemies is great). Why the community hates these is just sad. The game is set up way too much on just getting a drop. Everything in between gets abandoned.

Ship 1-4 has a noticeable drop in players. The content is essentially done for pso2. While waiting for NGS people are playing other games.

Not the games fault, but there will be a content lul until we get NGS.

It's just the negative people here constantly crying that get bad pugs. Everytime I pug I get decent to good results. Not the best but nothing like the dumb shit being posted. Birds of feather. If you think the game is dying and everyone is trash then you should realize you're one of them as well because rng is putting you with the same types.

Most, if not all, of my alliance already quit or possibly transferred to ship 2. I'm basically the only one on at any time. It's got full buffs, so I can't complain.