Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?

Since the launch of this game the game has slowly and steadily been on a decline of active players. I first noticed it when slave weapon farming was becoming hard since no one was doing it and only doing nemesis grinding. Later as the content got old more people would play other games until major update which i get most gamers do this. Now divide quest came out and literally less than a week you can't find a single pick up group.

When NGS launches will all ships be combined what's going to happen to pso2 when NGS comes out just a single player game now? I am on ship 3 and we only have 1 block that's full which is block 1. The only reason why is because its afk block.

Also pvp area is dead I had to wait 30mins for a match several times just to play a 5min match. is it time to uninstall this game since its a ded game now? ( Was not aware it was cross ships dum dum me )disregard xD Let me know how your ships are doing please. I might have to transfer it looks like or uninstall and move on.

@The-Great-Paisano said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Now divide quest came out and literally less than a week you can't find a single pick up group.

That's not because no one is playing it but because, unless you have a group you trust, playing it with others can be a detriment (mainly due to the shared lives and the damage scaling) so many people prefer to solo it.

I'd say the game is still active, but older content is definitely "dead", whereas most newer content being 4P content means people will more often than not just play with friends only, especially since 4P content generally scales or has a solo version.

The current "in" things are UH Persona, Divide, Battleship and Risk Realm and only Persona needs a 12P group for the 12P version, but there's also 4P triggers which people will play.

Divide and Battleship both scale on player number, so having more people doesn't automatically mean faster runs, and some people just prefer to casually play alone or with a friend than try to force max group number.

Risk Realm on the other hand has a solo version which is generally always faster than playing with a public group since the scaling is very nice.

@The-Great-Paisano said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Also pvp area is dead I had to wait 30mins for a match several times just to play a 5min match.

One example of many of older content being killed through lack of support. It doesn't help that PVP barely works due to the game's low tick rate and even in Japan there are serious latency issues and geographically that's just a tiny island - it completely falls apart when the same system is expanded to a global server without any improvements.

Ship 1 still has a decent amount of Triggers going for current UQ's that drop relevant gear and augments.

But that's kind of the reality of theme-park MMOs like PSO2. As new content is released, older content loses it's relevancy, and the players focus on the current content that will progress their characters. It also doesn't help that we got the content released on a super fast track as well, so a lot of the content JPN players had time to become familiar with over months, we had for a few weeks.

It's likely going to be the same with NGS as well, it's just how MMOs with vertical progression work.

I know quite a few of us mentioned that in that 200 AC survey... around a month ago now? That we'd prefer to see older content be supported more, or at least not abandoned at the first opportunity. It's really silly when you think about it; when new content just demands better equipment or more of an income-limited resource like SG, it really wouldn't be hard to adjust drop tables to renew older content at the time. Way easier than developing yet another new game mode that'll be dropped almost instantly.

@Blade-Syphon said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

But that's kind of the reality of theme-park MMOs like PSO2. As new content is released, older content loses it's relevancy, and the players focus on the current content that will progress their characters.

Having plenty of content to choose from can certainly split a player base to some extent but the main issue here isn't the "theme-park" aspect of the game but the vertical nature of the gear progression.

Well definitely stay away from ship 4, then! We have the same problem, only one block is ever full and I remember blocks 2 & 3 being just as full when I first joined but not even 2 is halfway full anymore when I log in. I was going to transfer to ship 3 but saw itโ€™s just as bad there so now considering ships 1 or 2. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@Milk it's kind of funny your name is milk since two of out alliance members are named milk as well. I feel your pain honestly.

Also I had to recruit and rebuild the alliance several times after reaching 70 members only 3 are ever online afking people just quit and stop playing.

I took a break during end of EP 3 / Start of Ep 4. Then I came back around Christmas, and am going ham. There has been others also returning as well. Divides is pre-made or solo usually. PVP, I personally don't like at all so won't ever be touching it. I have defended it before, but having played it, I wouldn't shed a tear for it if it were to vanish. (Unlike Destiny 2 PVP)

@Milk said in Is PSO2 DED Content till NGS or is it my ship?:

Well definitely stay away from ship 4, then! We have the same problem, only one block is ever full and I remember blocks 2 & 3 being just as full when I first joined but not even 2 is halfway full anymore when I log in. I was going to transfer to ship 3 but saw itโ€™s just as bad there so now considering ships 1 or 2. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I know what you mean about ship 4 as the only decently populated blocks are 1, 2, 3, and oddly enough 29. Although ship 1 isn't that good either so I assume none of ships are very populated at all. They probably should just cut down a majority of the blocks, I think 10-15 blocks would be a good number of blocks.

@NotWhoUThink I think they should only have 2 ships really or make them all connect to each other because clearly a lot of people quit and are just waiting for ngs since they all think pso2 is old game and out dated seems to be the reasonable answer i receive when asking why they don't play anymore.

@The-Great-Paisano I kind of agree with you except maybe only cutting out ship 4 and see how things go from there.

I actually like the way the ships are now. JP has actually been like that too, if it's always filled to the brim it gets laggy and annoying.

I can't do solo Risk for the life of me. Freaking hate Masq.