Can we please get SG scratch tickets in the SG recycle shop?

This is another one of those topics that may come off as a bit entitled, but I just want PSO2 global to be treated the same way as PSO2 JP, and I'd like for our player base to be respected the same way JP is.

For those of you who don't know; On PSO2 JP the tickets that let you have a free choice in SG scratches are purchasable from the SG recycle shop for 40 badges. This lets JP players who save badges from previous scratches carry that value into the next incoming scratch instead of having to roll 40 times on the new scratch.

I'm coming at this from someone who has saved up a ton of these badges, waiting for sega to implement that on our end, and being disappointed every time a new SG scratch comes out and we don't get the same options. Frankly I feel like sega isn't respecting me as a paying customer, at least not the same way as the JP playerbase. While it does come off as a bit entitled, I just want fair treatment, I just want the same perks as someone doing the same thing on JP side. I don't think I'm asking for much.

I agree with this and it’s the reason why I stopped spending money on SG scratch. I have so much SG garbage cluttering my storage and nothing I want in the shop, so I sit and hope.

I hope this will be implemented in addition to the current scratch count bonus ticket. If this would come in replace of the count bonus, that would be a big loss for me. I understand where OP come from, so having both count bonus and item exchange system will be great, I think.

I don't think you are entitled at all. SG is... stupidly expensive. Another country has better value for SG just by having those tickets available in the SG shop.

I'm all for asking for more but yet I am pretty sure they don't get the free choice ticket on 40 draws like we do, it is the replacement system for us and honestly if I were to pick from the 2 ways to get those tickets I much prefer the current one we have.

Personally I would rather see a rework of the whole system as I have multiple issues with it but while I don't think that this would be a solution it's at least an improvement so I think they should add it to the badge exchange.

@Vashzaron said in Can we please get SG scratch tickets in the SG recycle shop?:

I'm all for asking for more but yet I am pretty sure they don't get the free choice ticket on 40 draws like we do, it is the replacement system for us and honestly if I were to pick from the 2 ways to get those tickets I much prefer the current one we have.

I don't think you can really compare the two versions here for a multitude of reasons but even aside all that this is not an either / or situation. If we implement the badge exchange ticket here on global then the jp players are ofc. free to ask SoJ to implement the "free choice ticket on 40 draws" in their version of the game.

I think it is very comparable.

Global: 40 Draws on the same banner is one free ticket for said banner + keep everything you got along the way.

Japan: 40 Draws on any banner items can be traded for one free ticket for any other banner or the same - 40 SG items must be sacrificed.

Global has a lot more stuff locked behind SG than jp does (which ofc. is completely untradeable (unlike their "jp counterparts")), has less ways to earn SG and is on an accelerated schedule meaning we would need more SG in within a shorter time frame. The surrounding circumstances within the different versions of the game are completely different, that much sould be obvious.

How about letting us get SG with Challenge Mileage? There isn't much in there for summoners to get and I think it might help promote the mode.

@Weirdo said in Can we please get SG scratch tickets in the SG recycle shop?:

How about letting us get SG with Challenge Mileage? There isn't much in there for summoners to get and I think it might help promote the mode.

I'm actually against using SGs as a way to "promote a mode" as it, for this to be effective, would require the methods of acquiring SGs to keep being overly scarce everywhere else. Although I'm not against adding SGs to make playing the mode more rewarding.

@Ryoga Yeah, I guess promoting a mode is a bad reason, I was really only thinking of that as an additional effect of adding SG to the shop. I wouldn't want too many people doing it or it would be harder to get higher ranks.

Hi operatives! Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us. I'll bring this up with the team.

@Vashzaron said in Can we please get SG scratch tickets in the SG recycle shop?:

I think it is very comparable.

Global: 40 Draws on the same banner is one free ticket for said banner + keep everything you got along the way.

Japan: 40 Draws on any banner items can be traded for one free ticket for any other banner or the same - 40 SG items must be sacrificed.

I don't see it as comparable. When you scratch for an item on SG you inevitably end up with more things that you don't need, nor want, and that can also apply to the stuff that's already found in the SG recycle shop itself. The big reason why JP's is better is because it lets you be more flexible with your assets.

If it takes you 21 scratches to get the item you want, you only have to scratch 20 times for the next SG scratch, if it takes you 40, you still get your free ticket and nothing of importance is lost by sacrificing the 40 fodder items that you didn't want.

If everyone wanted every item in SG scratch you would be correct in saying that keeping the 40 and getting the ticket is better, but considering what people scratch for, the JP system is more player friendly.

Didn't see this topic before but adding my name to the list of general comments that Global is generally starved for SG due to having several years less to earn it and Fresh Finds just existing which cannot be understated as a huge SG drain.

I wouldn't want to lose the choice ticket for scratching 40 times; I do feel that is a slightly better deal than having to trade (and lose) 40 SG pulls, particularly when our SG scratch sets have been heavily compressed into four sets which means less need to carry recycle badges between them.

But on the other hand, I don't see why the two need to be mutually exclusive. Yes if we could scratch 40 times for a free choice ticket in the current set and then recycle all those pulls to spend the badges on a choice ticket for a different set it would essentially allow us two pulls of choice instead of one every 40 scratches. But at the same time our sets have twice as much interference as their original runs in JP so we're only half as likely to have got what we wanted from the pulls themselves and this would help make up for that.

General feedback though, Global is seriously suffering on the SG side in no small part due to Fresh Finds, and without wishing to broaden the topic beyond the scope of its request, posters might be interested to hear our recent SG campaigns aren't a Global-only thing and lately are underwhelming compared to JP; our newest campaigns page proudly opens with "Up to 200 free SG", meanwhile in roughly the same time period JP can get 660:

6115fc8a-94d1-46d3-bb00-2400c15a9ee6-image.png (Source: bumped.org)

The JP SG campaign is apology for patch delay. It was suppose to go live on Feb 17 and delayed to March 3. JP has absolutely no events since Xmas on Ice ended Jan 27 - servers are pretty quiet and player shops are selling super slow. There is even no mission pass to work on, Season 4 was already extended to 9 weeks and now we get another 2 weeks of blank until Season 5 starts.