character recreation: with and without 4th character clarity

i've looked up some info, and tried a searh and didn't quickly find my direct answer... so starting thread and posing question cuz i'm just wanting clarity to ensure that a: i know for sure and b: it can be easily found for the next person searching.

from what i understand (please correct info, elaborate if needed , or explain anything that i miss due to lack of knowledge):

you have 3 chars, you can recreate freely. you lose mag and items in char storage or on char is lost.

however, when it comes to the fourth char slot, i've read that if you delete the 4th char, you have to repurchase recreation ticket.

what i need clarified is this: let's label the slots 1~4. if i delete char 2, do i still have to repurchase the recreation ticket? (confusion arises cuz all info says "when recreating 4th char", as i'm not recreating the 4th char, and is among my 3 "free to recreate" chars)

again, would be greatly appreciated if someone would like to put all pertinent info for char recreation/recreation ticket use so that someone looking for the same jor related question with search can 'hit" on this thread and gain all knowledge needed...

if there is a thread that has all this info/clarity on this exact question please link below.

thank you for your time

oh yeah.. also:

i have 4 chars, if i delete two of these chars (bringing it two total chars) can i recreate a char (creating my third) and then recreate again should i want? (essentially i didn't know how chars/classes worked when first started and messed up and created 3 female deumans cuz was gonna test different classes and just made 3 throw aways and was gonna recreate after i learned which classes i wanted to play so that char model/gender/race/class would match thematically.. later i bought a 4th, a male, b/c 3 females really kills what is usable from scratches (couldn't use male/bot stuffs).. seeing if there's a way to use my other slots (again label 1~4) 2 and 3 to create a male and female bot.. if i can't, is it possible to delete those 2 i'm not using to be able to create a bot class.. and i can, is it possible to recreate that repeatedly in case i decide i want the other gender bot due to cosmetics..)

and one last thing: i read that it takes 24 hrs. do i need to delete, wait 24 hrs, then create.. or can i delete and recreate immediately..

yeah.. would someone please just fully elaborate and clarify for me/community lol.. i'm sure there's even stuff i'm not thinking to ask about..

again, thank you for your time and work it will require to do the research and provide the information in an effective manner

You do have 3 chars that are free. You can freely delete and recreate without spending any cash. This only applies that you are only keeping 3 chars. Getting 4 or more chars will cost you AC to purchase a char creation ticket.

You can have up to 30 chars. 3 chars are limited to be free. Getting 4 or more chars will require you to purchase a char creation ticket.

A) The delete process takes 24 hrs to complete. You lose anything in your Inventory, the char's storage, and the mag. You can recreate another free char right away if you do not have 3 chars already. If you do then you need to wait for the deletion to complete so that it stays free. If you have 4 or more chars and delete just one you still can go ahead and recreate another char immediately (as long as you don't have 30 chars then you have to wait the 24 hr process) but you still have to purchase another char creation ticket.

B) You are just limited to 3 free chars. If you have 4 chars and you delete any one of them after the deletion process completed the 3 chars that remain are now the free chars. But you still lose the char creation ticket. And if you want to put in a 4th char you need to repurchase the char creation ticket again.

C) You have 4 chars and delete any 2 of them. Once the deletion process completes the 2 remaining chars are free and you can make another char for free. Making it a total of 3 chars again reaching the 3 free char limit. But you still lose the creation ticket and you need to repurchase the ticket if you want to put a 4th char in.

If you going to delete one of your 4 chars and willing to purchase another ticket to recreate it, my suggestion is to keep the char and make a 5th char. At least the extra char can be use to get the 1 mil meseta from the Weekly Arks Mission and as well as the silver and gold keys.

@Anthro-Cheetah said in character recreation: with and without 4th character clarity:

If you going to delete one of your 4 chars and willing to purchase another ticket to recreate it, my suggestion is to keep the char and make a 5th char. At least the extra char can be use to get the 1 mil meseta from the Weekly Arks Mission and as well as the silver and gold keys.

This is also my suggestion, as will be most JP players' suggestions. It's far more valuable to have any number of "Farming" characters. Usually characters you don't plan to min/max or get late end-game gear with. Each one using an easy-to-use class that you can braindead weeklies / dailies on; such as Wand Etoile.

thank you!

this allowed me to fully comprehend the process, answered follow up questions before they were asked, and your advice is also solid as i was about to do the dumb 😛

thank you for your time and for sharing 😄

Something that wasn't mentioned is that when the NGS-type bodies are released, you can freely change between all races and genders cosmetically on a single character, so you should be able to change up your multiple female Deumans to any other look that you want.

honestly that will be awesome..

cuz i'm so burnt on all the scratch stuff..

all i can use is female non cast..

finally bought a male cuz that's what most of my scratch stuff has been... and both male and female bot parts are useless,... especially all the sg ones, since i can't trade them off for the stuff i can..

i can not express the frustration and how furious one can be when scratch after scratch after scratch isn't just the stuff you don't want.. but you can't even use it at alll