Your PC does not support the current settings. Simple Graphics... ugh.

This morning I played just fine, with the 'Simple Graphics" setting at 5 at virtual full screen resolution.

About an hour ago, I replaced my CPU cooler. The previous one was so noisy it interfered with Skype and Teamspeak when under load.

Now, the game will only launch in virtual full screen mode on Setting 1, and will not launch with any other settings.

I have not tried reinstalling the old CPU cooler, hopefully that isn't the issue. Not sure how it could be...

In case it helps I am using:

Ryzen 7 3700x (Scythe Shuriken 2 cooler - not Big Shuriken; Ceramique II thermal compound. Former cooler was a Silverstone KR-01) Gigabyte B350 Gamining Wifi Mini-ITX motherboard, 16gb DDR43400 (XMP2 Profile, oloY red branded, Samsung chips), XFX Thicc 2 Pro RX 5600 XT, WD Blue 2tb 2.5 5400 SATA III HDD and Red 500GB M.2 SATA III SSD, Panasonic Slim Blu-ray burner, Fractal Designs Ion 650 SFX-L PSU, Silverstone Raven RVZ-02 case and Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? I really don't want to swap the KR-01 back in, it was the loudest cooler I have used in years.

Can you give a link to your actual motherboard? Google only gives results for an AB350N, or B450N or M.

@coldreactive Sure! it is the AB350N, here: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-10#kf

Also, if it helps, the BIOS has only been updated to F40.

I think I found the problem, as I ran AMD's Auto-Detect software and reinstalled the motherboard drivers. I then was able to launch the game in a window and full screen on Simple Graphics 1. I then retried the Initialize button (which hadn't worked earlier) and the game set itself back to Simple Graphics 5. Everything is playing normally now.

Still trying to figure out how swapping the cpu cooler triggered this particular error... (grin)