NGS Has Been Delayed In Japan

Official Article

Issues found:

• In-game graphics

• Data sharing between PSO2 and NGS

• The server load

Due to these issues, the second CBT scheduled in February will be rescheduled for a later date.

The AC Scratch for NGS model outfit parts has also been delayed as bug fixes occur before final release.

Second CBT Recruitment Page

Thought you meant the full release for a second. Was about to be confused.

@Knight-Raime said in NGS Has Been Delayed In Japan:

Thought you meant the full release for a second. Was about to be confused.

On a technicality, the full release is indeed impacted due to a heavy amount of bugs that the developers want to fix before initiating the second CBT.

It could be anywhere from a week's delay to a month. We won't really know for sure unless we keep up with the Rappy Commu Twitter.

@MasterDarkwingz

True. I read the follow up posts about how the delay shifts things around for jp. I'm left wondering if this will somehow effect global. As we didn't even have a date for the graphical update for us yet.

@Knight-Raime said in NGS Has Been Delayed In Japan:

@MasterDarkwingz

True. I read the follow up posts about how the delay shifts things around for jp. I'm left wondering if this will somehow effect global. As we didn't even have a date for the graphical update for us yet.

This is the reason why I predicted April as the release date, tbh.

The devs were a bit too excited, but at least they're willing to fix everything beforehand.

To keep people entertained:

Multi Weapon

An item with the performance of two different weapons, such as a sword and a rifle.

You can register each weapon action in one weapon palette.

The following items are required to perform multi-weapon.

• Weapon material of the same series (The weapon category used as the material is reflected as a multi-weapon)

• Material item

• N-Meseta

Fan Translations by Bumped

alt text

...and HERE I wonder if said Multi-weapons are only usable by certain class combos. I.e., You're a HU/RA, but you made your sword mixed with some Knuckles, would that work?

I have seen the Multi-weapon system work in some interesting ways, such as a TE/FO using a Wand that has been mixed with a Rod so said player has an option for ranged standard attacks using the Rod, while also keeping the close range combat of the Wand. (The reason the player was playing TE/FO as 'e thought Shifta+Deband was a better active then Photon Flare)

@Argroh As long as either of your main/sub class can use the weapon type included in the multi-weapon, you can use the PAs or skills of that weapon. So, a Hu/Ra can use Sword PAs/skills with a Sword/Knuckles multi-weapon, but can't use Knuckles PAs/skills with it.

Interestingly (at least in CBT1), it seems that they could use normal attacks or weapon actions of weapons that can't be equipped by the class (https://pso2ngs.swiki.jp/index.php?マルチウェポン). If so, a Hu/Ra would be able to use Knuckles normal attack or weapon action with a Sword/Knuckles multi-weapon.

A tricky part is, NSG seems to have made many familiar skills as main-class only skills. For example, at least in CBT1, Blight Rounds was set as a main-class exclusive skill of Ranger (https://pso2ngs.swiki.jp/index.php?レンジャー). So a Gu/Ra can't use Blight Rounds with a TMG/Assault Rifle multi-weapon, even if the Gunner class themselves can wield the Assault Rifle.

Another tricky part is that a multi-weapon can only be made from two weapons of a same series. If a weapon series doesn't cover all the weapon types, inevitably there will be some impossible weapon combinations within the series. In CBT1, star 1 and 2 rarity weapons had only one series each covering all the weapon types, so there was no limit in the combinations. But star 3 rarity weapons had two different series, it was reported that certain combinations like Assault Rifle/Rod were impossible since they belonged to different series of weapons.

I was hoping main class skills would be a thing of the past and was disappointed when I learned otherwise. I do understand why they did it, but...

As it stands with those trees right now though, you get terribly little for subbing any given class. Like, right now sub-Techer literally only gives you stuff for Wand Melee and that's not only such a narrow niche that it's barely better than what we have now, but it completely negates the point of subbing at all. You expect to get some support capability when you sub a support class, per the fantasy, not to just enable a second kind of melee weapon.

I really hope that as they develop the talent trees they ease up on the main class stuff and enable more variety. It's one thing to give people a reason to main a class, it's another to withhold literally every one of its toys. At that latter stage, why even bother with sub-classing at all.

@_Flux_ The point of subs in NGS is to be able to use sub weapons (especially through the multi weapon system), subclasses are not supposed to give access to everything, otherwise it would be alot more likely for certain class combos to be overpowered, in the end you just have to make a tradeoff (PSO2 didn't have main class skills at first, some skills ended being changed to main only because of certain classes combos being completely overpowered).

Let's say, someone plays as hunter and techter, you have to make a sacrifice with either option as main class. You either play HU/TE, don't get access to shifta, deband and the wide area healing, but still get access to the wand's melee abilities and techniques, or you play TE/HU, you lose access to war cry and iron will, but get TE's shifta/deband/wide area heal.

Same for any other NGS class combo.

Though, the beta only has a limited number of class skills available, I'm sure we'll see more skills options as NGS gets updates.

@Ezodagrom They aren't supposed to give access to everything, but they should give access to something besides a weapon, and preferably that something should suit the fantasy of the class. From a balance perspective, Wand better offer something REAL good on its own, because that's going to compete against every other sub, some of which provide more than just weapons already (Hunter lets you have Massive Hunter, for example). From the fantasy perspective, how dull is that? I sub a support class just so I can whack stuff with a wand, and maybe cast some offensive techs?

I'm aware the trees aren't complete. My post is a plea for Sega to consider a less limited approach as they continue developing them. The way the trees prioritize and the multi-weapon system has the potential to offer a ton of playstyle customization and I wouldn't want that potential squandered by the same harsh limits that make PSO2 subclasses into glorified stat and passive sticks most of the time.

@Ezodagrom said in NGS Has Been Delayed In Japan:

Though, the beta only has a limited number of class skills available, I'm sure we'll see more skills options as NGS gets updates.

Indeed. Here's hoping.

@_Flux_ With the current beta skills that aren't main class only, only Hunter and Force offer general purpose skills, skills that aren't tied to their weapons (Hunter's Massive Hunter, Force's PP Convert). Every other class only offers skills that are tied to their own weapons.

It should be obvious that there will be more skills at launch, since all classes are currently missing weapon types in the beta. Also I think it's possible that classes with fewer weapons like TE will get more general purpose skills at launch to make up for classes like HU and FI that have more weapon types.

On another note, personally I prefer these simpler skill trees that focus on weapon related skills and active skills over the current PSO2, which has way too much fluff and beginner traps.

@Fiona-Respha

What's this about weapon series? I haven't heard of this.

@Knight-Raime The multi weapons system (being able to use attacks or PAs from a different weapon) only works with weapons from the same series.

@Knight-Raime As @Ezodagrom said. In CBT1, 3-star rarity weapons were split into two groups, Sword/Assault Rifle/TMG and Knuckles/Rod/Wand. Making multi weapon was only possible within each of the groups.

I now wonder if multi weapon system is an essential system that all Halpha ARKS should know...

Perhaps the fact that NGS supports multiple weapon camo is much more meaningful.

https://twitter.com/ryune_zoldark/status/1355159670378225667

NGS allows us to set one weapon camo for each weapon categories. One camo can be set to multiple categories. He's setting * Weapon Stealthing to 5 categories other than Knucles here.

@Fiona-Respha said in NGS Has Been Delayed In Japan:

@Knight-Raime As @Ezodagrom said. In CBT1, 3-star rarity weapons were split into two groups, Sword/Assault Rifle/TMG and Knuckles/Rod/Wand. Making multi weapon was only possible within each of the groups.

I now wonder if multi weapon system is an essential system that all Halpha ARKS should know...

Perhaps the fact that NGS supports multiple weapon camo is much more meaningful.

https://twitter.com/ryune_zoldark/status/1355159670378225667

NGS allows us to set one weapon camo for each weapon categories. One camo can be set to multiple categories. He's setting * Weapon Stealthing to 5 categories other than Knucles here.

alt text

From this example, there seems to be one multi-camo (Weapon Stealthing) equipped on all but the knuckles.

What interests me is that the weapon camo has a different type of background. (Red checkers instead of blue checkers)

This may indicate PSO2 as the only option to get that camo. (IE- Highest rarity in NGS)