Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop

This wasn't mentioned in the newest update notes, but, these 3 augment capsules were added to the mission badge shop, for 120 badges each.

alt text

What a waste, they could have used these capsules to revitalize some of the abandoned content but they choose to implement them in a way that punishes people who use their badges for anything but these items (at least until they're completely done with their gear progression). Yet the core issue with the Mission Pass and its related badges still remains.

@Ryoga In the JP version these have been in the mission badge shop for the same price (120 badges) ever since the mission pass was introduced there (October), it was only a matter of time until they would be added to the EN badge shop.

The biggest difference though is that in the JP version's mission pass we can get a total of 120 badges per season. I dunno how many badges the EN pass gives, but it seems to be alot less than JP?

I think how many badges we can get in the mission pass is what needs to be changed the most to accomodate the addition of these to the shop.

someone mentioned it was 70 per season but yea but EN mission pass aren't getting to be 6-9 weeks

@HarmlessSyan True, originally the JP passes were 4 weeks as well, but with content having slowed down in the JP version recently, so did the mission passes.

@Ezodagrom said in Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop:

In the JP version these have been in the mission badge shop for the same price (120 badges) ever since the mission pass was introduced

Just because "jp did it" doesn't mean that it's beyond criticism. Putting these items into some of the content related exchanges would have at least added value to playing the content in question. The Mission Pass and its related badge exchange however have a different problem. There are many items from previous passes people missed out on and putting them into the badge exchange would have been the perfect solution here. Now the capsules give the badges value but it doesn't do anything for the related content.

@Ezodagrom said in Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop:

in the JP version's mission pass we can get a total of 120 badges per season ... I think how many badges we can get in the mission pass is what needs to be changed the most to accomodate the addition of these to the shop.

Which is still not enouth to make this a non issue, we would need 10 times as many at which point it would make more sense to just cut down their price in order to avoid having to reavaluate the prices for everything else.

I dunno how many badges the EN pass gives, but it seems to be alot less than JP?

Roughly about half + the number of items you turn into badges.

The Astral Soul is kind of redundant since its also an Augment Factor in the Ray/Union series weapons, and they are easy to get either from the RWB shop or as random loot.

Plus you can only use 1 capsule at a time so it would be difficult to have Mana Reverie on the same item as one of the Grand augment items.

@LazerRay said in Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop:

Plus you can only use 1 capsule at a time so it would be difficult to have Mana Reverie on the same item as one of the Grand augment items.

And thus, it is why people consider the augment transfer pass system to be overpowered. Each time you transfer, you are allowed to use capsule and upslot

@LazerRay They're useful for the augment transfer system (the one that uses augment transfer passes), since in that system you can add augments through capsules together with the augments from the original equipment.

Something like original equipment has 5 slots, use augment transfer to new equipment and add the mana reverie capsule, the new equipment can ave the 5 augments from the original + mana reverie (though, the new equipment has to already have 6 slots before the transfer, even if they're trash augments).

Aw crum, I spent all my badges on the new mission pass dances...

@LazerRay said in Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop:

The Astral Soul is kind of redundant since its also an Augment Factor in the Ray/Union series weapons, and they are easy to get either from the RWB shop or as random loot.

Units

Units buddy, it's for units, best value when using those capsule on them as it's easier to get them on weapons

Also when we got Cras, affixing even got more brain dead, just aim for the top 2 affix in a 2 slot weapon then transfer it to Cras (8s with 5 S affix) + a capsule and you got your 8 slot Cras

@Nope21 said in Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop:

Units buddy, it's for units, best value when using those capsule on them as it's easier to get them on weapons

Also when we got Cras, affixing even got more brain dead, just aim for the top 2 affix in a 2 slot weapon then transfer it to Cras (8s with 5 S affix) + a capsule and you got your 8 slot Cras

That's pretty hype

@Ranmaru said in Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie augment capsules added to the mission badge shop:

Don't though, because what I'm saying is based on if you got transfer pass to burn lol

I see. I'd rather save transfer passes for guardian soul. So maybe I'd do it another way if there is. Otherwise, I'll farm more passes.