How to survive Shiva final boss phase 2?

Took me a minute to remember what abilities she had, considering i just facetanked her for 5 minutes into the wall. If you have ET levelled, nothing she does will deal over 200 damage and then it's just a matter of healing through it. That specific ability can be countered and since it's periodic you can just get into a rhythm and get free counters. If your class doesn't have a crutch counter... well what are you doing playing a legacy class in 2021?

Running away probably works too.

Trying to get out of the AoE circle she spawns during the draw I believe avoids any damage you'll take. Otherwise, you've basically got two options - I-frame the rainbow claws the moment they appear to avoid being trapped (which will also subsequently allow you to i-frame out of the AoE circle's explosion), or just use defensive cool downs and face tank it.

Subbing Etoile and face tanking it is probably your best option, especially if you forgo an attack boost and use a Defensive Alliance Boost with an HP Drink. That said, once you get into the rythm of the fight, it does feel really rewarding to i-frame and then punish the hell out of her. Fighting her on my Braver (along with the final boss) was honestly one of the most enjoyable moments I've had in this game so far.

Both fights are so, so well done, and are far and away better than the god awful mess that is the Varuna boss fight.

@IfrianMMO said in How to survive Shiva final boss phase 2?:

People are going to have a rough awakening when Primordial UQ comes out and literally everything can potentially one shot you.

@IfrianMMO

Her swords near the start of the fight can land 5000+ damage. Found that out the rough way ahaha.

I watched Matoi keep getting caught in that. I do appreciate the heads-up on that move of hers, as a result, I managed to S-rank first try.

i hav The same problem i go rond her attack how match damage should they take before she's up

@CalvinaCoulange

Awesome 😺

@rickard100-0

If you're asking how much damage to deal in order to defeat Shiva in the fight, I battled her on hardcore for at least 30 minutes, probably 7-8 million hp or more if I had to give a rough estimate.

If you really want to avoid without taking any chances you can play as a summoner. Pets don't activate it so you will never have to deal with it.

Hero with talis is pretty nice for this fight too.

There is a nice trick if you have a ranged Mag, if it attacks Shiva while she has the red shield up, it doesn't trigger the 1-shot kill.

And running ranged based classes allow you to keep your distance to make easier to watch for Shiva's attacks and act accordingly.

Hi~ Sorry for so many people misunderstanding the mechanic in question, OP.

The attack will do a normal stun on you if you get hit by it, so technically you can WASD or analog stick out of it if you're fast enough and immediately dodge after. If you're looking for the tell of when it triggers, you can focus on the swords that circle you. When they are about to stab, the two swords will get bigger and then tilt up to stab. It is pretty fast so be observant. The lasers that shoot at you during the pull can be avoided by just running out of their line, so you can focus more on dodging the stun.

Hope this helps!

@TEN-SQUARE-3 So i guess the best option is to use ranged attacks. May take longer but it might be the best chance for survival. Melee you have to get up close and are in the line of fire. Thats just me idk

@IceBreaker610 said in How to survive Shiva final boss phase 2?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 So i guess the best option is to use ranged attacks. May take longer but it might be the best chance for survival. Melee you have to get up close and are in the line of fire. Thats just me idk

For the specific attack I was referring too, it doesn’t matter what you use, it’s a mechanic if triggered will freeze you in place, and will one shot you, unless you have exceptional timing to iframe it.

When she says “this is hardly worth my time” then the attack is incoming, and she will put up a red shield, hitting this red shield will trigger the freeze and one shot.

If you’re referring to the run in general melee does great, just need to practise the runs and learn her voice lines so you know what’s coming.