Final Story Mission Conditions

There are special conditions to see the true ending of PSO2. To simplify the requirements:

• Clear episode 3's main story
  • Clear episode 4's main story
  • Complete the quest prior to the final quest with an S rank in one shot, no continuing from checkpoint. (Can be completed on Casual)

Once these conditions are met (or if you already have) return to the final quest and look for a new option.

Because spoilers do not work here that I recall, the one tip I can suggest is that in the "final battle" before you are pushed into completing the previous conditions (completing Episode 3 and Episode 4) the boss is capable of instant-killing you when they put up a red shield. You want to completely avoid attacking them when that shield goes up otherwise they will counter-attack with an unavoidable time-stop attack.

@VanillaLucia Hah! This is the kind of thing you get when the only purpose in designing an encounter is to get the player killed. Like anything like this, the only way to avoid it is to be clairvoyant or to have watched a video or being warned in advance. What amazing "skill"!

@Yggranya said in Final Story Mission Conditions:

@VanillaLucia Hah! This is the kind of thing you get when the only purpose in designing an encounter is to get the player killed. Like anything like this, the only way to avoid it is to be clairvoyant or to have watched a video or being warned in advance. What amazing "skill"!

Yes, and? There's nothing wrong with failing as you learn the mechanics, then returning later to complete the True Ending's requirements. Dying to bosses attacks you don't see coming has been part of video games since, well, forever. Part of playing video games involves failing, and learning from that mistake.

@Blade-Syphon Nothing wrong with hit: the enemy = die, which means you are supposed to just stand there like a fool? Not very engaging. It's only a failure if you can counter or dodge to avoid it. So, can you? If you can't, it's a failure on the designers side.

Fun fact I dodged it a couple of times after spamming a lot and lived to tell the tale but it is a super tight window.

@YagyuChan said in Final Story Mission Conditions:

Fun fact I dodged it a couple of times after spamming a lot and lived to tell the tale but it is a super tight window.

I was about to say the same thing, it’s definitely avoidable got caught when I did and managed to break free and side step the attack

@Blade-Syphon Nothing wrong with hit: the enemy = die, which means you are supposed to just stand there like a fool? Not very engaging. It's only a failure if you can counter or dodge to avoid it. So, can you? If you can't, it's a failure on the designers side.

Theres lots of stuff you can do while waiting for the barrier. Heal, pp battery, precharges, KC, shifta etc. Its no different than waiting for a phase change. The only bs part is mag attacks triggering the barrier. There's always atlas swapping if you do accidentally hit the barrier.

The barrier LITERALLY has a specific vocal line when its about to go up. If you listen for the dialogue, the barrier will never be an issue. Just back up when you hear the dialogue begin.

@Penguin-Deer I'd rather fight the enemy than run around in circles, but it is what it is i suppose. Mag kills their owner? Hah, amazing.

The mag hitting is easy to fix, don't feed it.

@PrinceBrightstar or just have the mag run the dance module.

no reason to be right up close on her shield that will kill you

@Penguin-Deer said in Final Story Mission Conditions:

Theres lots of stuff you can do while waiting for the barrier. Heal, pp battery, precharges, KC, shifta etc. Its no different than waiting for a phase change. The only bs part is mag attacks triggering the barrier. There's always atlas swapping if you do accidentally hit the barrier.

This. The barrier is basically every final boss ever's "Behold my insta-kill counter, strike me and die" gimmick. It's a 2 second window that's designed to give you a moment to heal and recharge before she goes back to trying to step on you.

Lmao imagine coping blaming the devs for your lack of skill in the game.

It doesn't take being clairvoyant. It just takes slowing down a little and observing when unfamiliar.

Enemies that counter also aren't exactly new prior to that boss.

Similar hit-red-barrier-equals-counter mechanic has been introduced earlier in the same episode on a luminmech mob, where they specifically told you that attacking it while it's up will result in a counter.