The problems global server has, and JP does not

@Yui2387 said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

pso2 in general is a heavily overrated and whiteknighted game that has no content compared to other big mmos, nothing tied to NA specifically

Exactly, if I was to post my original on the PSO2 reddit, it would get flammed into oblivion without even getting to any rational debates. I think PSO2 is a good game for what it offers, but its got issues and a lot of these issues are being either fixed with bandaids or being ignored entirely.

@Amari-Kigu said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

SU is missing alot of sweets and rolls, like very important ones. If you saw the list of actual sweets and rolls from the JP server, compared to the global then you would realize how much the class is being neglected, partially to blame is the the JP servers utter disgust and hatred of the SU class, a lot of JP players look down on the summoner class, the two most important issues for SU is access to Exquisite Critical Parfaits and Bravado Rolls, these two are perhaps the most important sweets for summoners and the latter so far has no definite answer for the global server, and eCrit Parfaits had a ridiculously low drop rate from Xmas triggers and currently have no access to them, This class compared to other classes is hamstringed because of this.

I just checked on the wiki. Bravado roll isn't the equivalent of courageous roll? The effect is -20% damage from boss for both, so I suppose they are the same roll. In that case, you can buy in the badge shop.

About the eCrit, I agree that it's an issue. But I managed to drop one in the lvl 30 divide, so in theory they are available in some way (even if with very low rate, considering I dropped one in like 50 runs).

About other sweets, I saw what you're saying. The list in the JP is very longer compared to the NA one

@DishSoap said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

pso2 in general is a heavily overrated and whiteknighted game that has no content compared to other big mmos, nothing tied to NA specifically

I feel like I have to unfortunately agree with this. Around Episode 3 you can see the obvious decline in designing Expedition style content which I feel is PSO's bread and butter.

Episode 4 and beyond, you can see the decline and episode 5 was a disaster which caused the developers to scramble as they bet everything on players loving buster quests.....and they hated it, which caused them to rapidly design content that made things worse imho. There is a lot of information on ep5 mistakes.

I feel like I have to unfortunately agree with this. Around Episode 3 you can see the obvious decline in designing Expedition style content which I feel is PSO's bread and butter.

Episode 4 and beyond, you can see the decline and episode 5 was a disaster which caused the developers to scramble as they bet everything on players loving buster quests.....and they hated it, which caused them to rapidly design content that made things worse imho. There is a lot of information on ep5 mistakes.

You can already see the decline in Episode 3. Daybreak Province Exploration seems a lot more bland then the rest of the Expeditions additionally Nightfall Province Exploration is the introduction of the point based Expeditions right? They did at least have some ARKS Quests for Episode 3 though.

Though in Episode 4 it gets obviously worse. Only two ARKS Quests and both Expeditions are point based field missions. They also added Rideroid Quest which was a even bigger foreshadowing of problems down the line.

@Kobaltium

This is the complete list of JP candy, at the moment I don't know if NA has access to sympathy rolls either. Its possible they did the same thing and renamed the rolls entirely, courageous rolls are the same ability as Bravado so the NA lists should be changed so that access to them is available, but if you look at the list...its pretty extensive what sweets and candy is missing

Looks like we're still missing Sympathy rolls, conversion rolls etc.... if you look at the candy list and the drop rate, you'll see how bad SU have issues because almost everything is EQ drops only. Its interesting that you said you got one from a divide tho, still sounds like a very low drop rate considering eCrit parfaits are pretty much essential.

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Pet_Candy

Imagine if other classes had access to s-affixes through EQ only? Or worse, could only get some weapons like Serpent Plenzer from EQs only? 🙄 In an ideal PSo2 world, everyone who have access to everything if you are willing to work for it instead of relying on RNG, which I honestly should have added to the list.

You can already see the decline in Episode 3. Daybreak Province Exploration seems a lot more bland then the rest of the Expeditions additionally Nightfall Province Exploration is the introduction of the point based Expeditions right? They did at least have some ARKS Quests for Episode 3 though.

Though in Episode 4 it gets obviously worse. Only two ARKS Quests and both Expeditions are point based field missions. They also added Rideroid Quest which was a even bigger foreshadowing of problems down the line.

Rideroids....oof, it wouldn't be too bad if they fixed the notoriously bad controls but yeah, what you said is pretty much spot on.

Imagine if they nerfed Banish combo with the patch, the amount of bow bravers threatening to quit would be insane lol..

Heavily recycled content

That's been the game from like EP2, people hated all the Mining Base stuff, that we had and nothing else in JP. This game didn't have a lot of actual content outside of glamour forever really.

Near zero collab content compared to JP server

While that sucks, it's not really important, as the promise was just content and dressing up is nice, but that's not really actual content. Sega withholding important content and/or has no plan to implement for global We aren't missing any important content, and we are still getting the later updates, like the new challenge mode, and NGS will roll out over in global also, with the better graphics update.

Unbalanced classes

That's the game, they didn't really fix that only in JP. The skill trees were kind of a mistake balance wise.

Toxic/elitist player base

You need to speak with more people, I met tones of really nice people in global. It's why I avoided SHIP2 in global, because of how the english players acted. But I have seen the avoid players pages posted in 2ch about this game. JP players also are capable of malice, just because you can't understand it, or see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Hackers/Bots and RMTs

JP had hackers first, and they also had exploits. They did take care of the public bots that would post messages, but it's still a thing.

Dramatic loss of player base across all servers

The game has been out for years in Japan, it's going to lose players, and it's also near the end of life. With NGS coming out, we'll see a increase for both JP and Global, due to being a new game.

They really are close to each other outside, a few missing fashion items. I hate the localization job Global has gotten with the crappy weapon descriptions. JP version of this game isn't really a golden mine, and I like how less fluff global has when it comes to progression, compared to JP.

@Hanakotoba said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

While that sucks, it's not really important, as the promise was just content and dressing up is nice, but that's not really actual content. Sega withholding important content and/or has no plan to implement for global We aren't missing any important content, and we are still getting the later updates, like the new challenge mode, and NGS will roll out over in global also, with the better graphics update.

Some collabs had actual content like the Final Fantasy Collab and the Evangelion Collab. I don't think most people realize this.

@Amari-Kigu If you want to play JP so badly then do it but stop doing lies and trying to fish new players from here. A lot of people just don't care for Japan.

Has for Collab? What Collab? Buying AC for a outwear or costume from attack of the titans or fairy tail?

As far as I'm aware the only collab that brought any form of diversity to the content was only Odin with FF14.

So how about you actually bring factually correct points next time instead of giving us crocodile tears?

The first year of JP was expeditions and backtracking, that had remained the same when it was brought to global years later, and those changes that were made to make them bearable like movement PAs, those were added. Remember the days of having to dodge for that extra speed to clear forest for the 100th time? Not all was sunshine and rainbows in JP, and while I understand the grievances over certain things like localization and some of the funky translations, ie. Healing Weapon Bonus I/II, there's been a lot of the changes that made the game bearable there, that were brought over here.

The RMT issue was a huge problem, especially for the first year of JP, as well as the "lack of elitism/toxicity", sorry, that also existed there. I have been kicked and ignored whenever I had joined lobbies that were predominantly Japanese and left to pick up the scraps during the first year of the game being available. Those players will exist in any game and community as long as there are others that think the same way. It's inevitable really, and that hasn't changed with how much more connected people are.

Population decline happens in every game, Japan had the game go into decline with the end of episode 6 being the last of the story for PSO2, whilst here, I have people I know that would rather wait for NGS instead of playing a game that looks and feels dated, even for 2012. PS2 games had finger movements at that point. and that was nearly a generation before PSO2.

The collabs had content that added a layer to the game, but in the overarching game and scenario? It's nice to have, but even without it wouldn't be a huge issue. That said, it would be nice to have that content, but who knows how much Sega has been hemorrhaging this past year with them having to sell off their pachinko locations? That and licensing outside of Japan just so they can get the license to work with most of the world and their respective laws about such for each country the game is available in.

I'm surprised we even got a SE collab with Nier: Automata, even if it was nothing more than cosmetics to dress our characters in more fancy attire that breaks up the usual scifi/sleek look. It would be nice to get more of that, it's not likely with how the past year was for Sega and whatever obstacles they would need to traverse to get those licenses to even distribute them on a global scale. Remember, this is no longer about Japan now, the rest of the world will have different laws for each country and region.

As for veteran players manipulating the game and market? That's not a whole lot that can change without some direct intervention from staff to slow the increase in cosmetics sold by players. JP had the same issue, but it's more noticeable now with how limited the scratch has been in terms of availability.

@Hanakotoba said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

Some collabs had actual content like the Final Fantasy Collab and the Evangelion Collab. I don't think most people realize this.

More like they either don't care, didn't know they existed or white knights conveniently forgetting some collabs added significant extra content which distracted from the grind and gave out significant rewards especially the Evangelion collab, I really wished they would have done that collab for global server, that would have been pretty sweet.

They even had a recent Sword Art Online collab which added some decent stuff, and global didn't get anything.

Sword Art Online PSO2 collab video

@DishSoap

A boss fight from FFXIV? Or a guess now, just a monster you encounter. And you can't even do the EVA one anymore, so that's not really content that's counted.

People know that, that's why they didn't list it, also the EVA angel fight was trash.

As for the SAO, we might get it, we aren't at that point in Updates JP had Just passed that, so it's hard to say, but also hard to see us skip out on it given the hype that the series got outside Japan.

That's really grasping at straws, it sucks not to have everything as I would like to see PSZero stuff and PSO2es stuff, but we aren't missing a lot of actual content.

If you really wanted to nitpick, we don't have PSO2es and the connected rewards for playing both.

Its not really about nitpicking, what its really about is keeping the current player base happy and progressing forward because once you hit a wall, and lets be real some classes hit that wall really fast then what point is there to playing? Releasing the 100 level cap and luster now will keep players interested for a little while then it will be back to min/maxing again and wondering where the next upgrade will come from.

The steam stats for PSo2 are painting a dreadful picture for a steep playbase base loss from September last year, averaging about 8k steam players and unfortunately, no data for win store version but considering PSo2 doesn't even hit the front pages anymore, I'd say total players 15 to 20k on global right now, and that must be alarming for Sega.

PSO2 steam stats

Ep6 netted roughly about 600 new steam players, promptly 450 or so stopped playing after less than month, content drought is one thing but if you can't progress at all, whats the point to play?

I think some server merges would be highly beneficial to the game at this point, as I said in previous posts I think servers 1 and 3 should be merged and 2 and 4 should be merged, that should make the game much more stable overall. Right now, alliances are literally collapsing due to lack of active players.

That wall had been hit numerous times in the JP version of the game, it's in more of a decline now as we see it here. Yeah, it's noticeable when you see the same set of people regularly and the same set of people selling their wares at inflated prices as well. Will this content keep people around? The way I see it, if you had little to no interest before, it won't change that opinion for those people. It'll only continue to interest us that play it for what it is, a mess of systems that try to get into everything, without fully making the game with a specific audience in mind. As it is now, it's either playing with virtual dolls and dress up, a hack 'n' slash or a way for experienced players to flex their knowledge or skill.

Look at a game like Warframe, it had done well for a while until it hit content draught, since it focuses more on the systems it had in place. PSO2 is not as focused as that or other games that retain a high retention rate for steam stats. Couple that with the dated look and design of the systems, it's going to be difficult to bring in players for base PSO2.

It's just a matter of what kind of philosophy Sega has going forward as the global release of the game felt more like an attempt to make some revenue needed to get NGS on track. The better question would be how Sega handles NGS going forward with the many ups and downs PSO2 had across the versions of the game they had released.