The problems global server has, and JP does not

I keep seeing whine posts here and there, and I think its high time I tried to explain a few things about PSO2 global compared to JP server, and why the SEA server died. Some of the issues are being caused by Sega and some of the issues....unfortunately are game related and what I'm about to post...if you posted this on reddit, you would get flamed for it as the fanbois would attack relentlessly......the fact is PSO2 content is wafer thin, UQ content is heavily recycled essentially PSo2 content is a mile wide but an inch thick with huge class imbalances across the board.

• Heavily recycled content
  • Near zero collab content compared to JP server
  • Sega withholding important content and/or has no plan to implement for global
  • Unbalanced classes
  • Toxic/elitist player base
  • Hackers/Bots and RMTs
  • Dramatic loss of player base across all servers
  • RNG on everything

The Japanese server has significant amount of collabs which keep the game fresh, each month usually had a different collab going on and this kept players vested and interested in playing outside of the min/max gear grind, global for licensing reasons has access to just a mere fraction of what the JP server has, and the SEA server got even less content and people wondered why the server died? PSo2's base content honestly, is fairly mundane at best with rinse and repeat content that does not reward the players for the time invested, it never has at least for the majority, remember last year when people was complaining about nemesis drops being rare and people was just buying them? How many people can actively say all the gear they are using is something they farmed and affixed themselves?

The problems global server has is simple, rushed content and other important content significantly held back which as created a big vacuum for a lot of players for progression, for some classes like summoner still do not have access to important sweets and players had to whine just to get important eggs as part of the CF, summoners also do not have access to S-affixes which makes the class get excluded from most of the content that regular players run for potential drops, so for Summoners...they are semi dead (scuffed) class and other classes suffer too like techers, in game where damage is everything which leads to one of the huge class unbalanced problems, which is very apparent in certain modes like endless, a lot of players don't want to talk about class imbalance as they fear certain classes would get hit with nerf bats like Sega used to do in the past. The fact is, Sega nerfed some classes really hard in the past and then paid the price for it making them nervous to nerf after that, some classes like cough bow need cough be looked at, and other classes if anything need to be buffed cough techers cough fighters cough summoners, jokes aside class balance is honestly...pretty bad in PSO2 and at this stage of the game, its not going to change.

PSO2 is essentially crafted that players are supposed to play and gear up multiple classes and not just concentrate on one class exclusively, on the JP server they had significant amount of time to build up class excubes for different classes, they had time but the global server did not and the rush meant most people concentrated on one class, and now as the servers approach what is considered the home stretch if you geared up a scuffed class and for example, wanted to gear up a new class...its not only going to be a significant meseta investment but also a significant time investment, if you wanted a Liberate weapon for a different class then getting those materials for it would take 40 or so levels at 95 to get the class cubes for a liberate weapon, even building a decent atlas weapon still is a big investment if done right and here lies a huge problem for casual or non-whale players, a large majority of players in this area probably don't even have 30m+ and casual players probably have less than 10m, and good luck in trying to acquire good gear in this market which leads to the elitist players complaining when undergeared casual players join UH content, the semi-free gear that Sega gives out still needs to be affixed properly and once again, that is still a large meseta investment.

Its true that a lot of people are waiting for NGS because it will be for most players, a chance at a fresh start however that being said....NGS may never even reach global server as people leave, go on hiatus and then quit, I myself have gone on a temporary hiatus as content wise has been poor, lack of significant updates for the classes I play etc etc and the stale drop rate, this is mirrored across the entire global server as people have quit, many quit because they got the impression that episode 6 is the be all, end all content that was going to fix the entire game and make it amazing....its not, if anything it just makes the game even more unbalanced and makes some classes near useless or not nearly as effective as other classes but besides that, players leaving en-masse causes a big problem because PSO2 requires a healthy playerbase for UQ runs, triggers and to keep the market healthy, the latter is being ruined by bots and RMT. Sega simply isn't doing enough to keep players interested in playing, and not doing nearly enough to incite new players to the game....once a new player joins, they see how much work and effort is required that they don't stay very long, as stupid as this sounds...if Sega gave everyone 400 class ex-cubes for each class, it'd probably help the game significantly and isn't as far-fetched as it sounds because remember, PSO2 is about 9 years old now, PSO2 global is less than a year old....that is a big difference.

Another issue that global has, is simply put - veteran players AND especially the vets who capitalize on that knowledge to rig the markets for greed and to generate meseta further messing up the markets.

I have no idea how any of this is unique to Global and not an issue on JP. Let's go off your bullet-point list.

Heavily recycled content

Not a global issue, all content here is lifted from JP apart from like, two Urgents and some cosmetics (and the cosmetics were brand-new even!)

Near zero collab content compared to JP server

Only really cosmetics, and the other content was more just flavour than anything particularly significant. Gameplay wise, collabs don't mean very much and I personally think it's a stretch to call it "content".

Sega withholding important content and/or has no plan to implement for global

Such as...? We have skipped most of the Limited Quests, however there hasn't really been time to implement them. The only real issue I personally believe are the receptor affixes which are non-existent other than Soul Receptor on weapons. Expert matching, as an example, is rather pointless, and if people really care about missing their expert buddies, go make some or something... it's what I have done since 2012.

Unbalanced classes

Same on JP.

Toxic/elitist player base

Same on JP.

Hackers/Bots and RMTs

Same on JP -- that being said we have bots that advertise here unfortunately, so it's a lot more visible, but RMT is not exactly a non-issue on JP, nor are hackers.

Dramatic loss of player base across all servers

Same on JP. Actually, JP can be considered to be LESS active than Global. It most certainly has more players across the 10 ships, but on a singular ship, Global has many more players compared to some of the JP ships.

I played on JP since 2012 and Global since the beginning as well, and Global is being handled extremely well overall. It is nowhere near the doom and gloom of all the "JP VeTeRaNs" who aren't even playing, and in fact, a much nicer experience than JP, especially since we are practically on par content wise now.

We're still missing a lot of important updates, where are the summoner updates to address the parfait and roll situation that summoners have been screaming about for months, the new update STILL does not address this situation.

Ship02 on JP, the unofficial english ship is exceptionally toxic, but guess what the global server has probably more toxic alliances than I've ever seen on there, I'd say the amount of JP players are mostly so much nicer and more understanding than English players who get pissed easily when they see someone not using whale gear. If you haven't seen the posts about people complaining about certain toxic alliances on global, then you've got your head in the sand, never saw that level of toxicity on the jp server...ever.

I heavily doubt Japanese players would ever deal with RMT, when I played on JP server...yes bots would occasionally sneak in, but they would get banned real fast, the staff was real quick to act on anyone breaking the TOS on the Japanese server, I don't know about now though since I haven't played on the JP in a year.

Expert matching is useless fluff, a lof of the limited quests did add important drops that are not on regular drop tables so you can't discount how important these collabs are, if people truly knew how much content they have missed out on compared to the JP server, they'd probably be shocked, don't try to downplay it because if you played from 2012 onwards, then you know.

Obviously I am not linking here, but it is very, very easy to find PSO2 JP RMT sites. They are just a google away.

Granted on the summoner thing as an example, but you're making it sound like half the game is missing. It is not.

And I'm talking Japanese players in general, not just the English players on Ship 2. The communities are exactly the same, there are many toxic shithead Japanese players as well, you just don't see it because you're not browsing Japanese websites or communities.

And yes, all those drops are coming in 2 weeks with Armada 2, a quest designed to remedy this issue which was a thing on the JP servers as well.

@Amari-Kigu said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

I keep seeing whine posts here and there, and I think its high time I tried to explain a few things about PSO2 global compared to JP server, and why the SEA server died. Some of the issues are being caused by Sega and some of the issues....unfortunately are game related and what I'm about to post...if you posted this on reddit, you would get flamed for it as the fanbois would attack relentlessly......the fact is PSO2 content is wafer thin, UQ content is heavily recycled essentially PSo2 content is a mile wide but an inch thick with huge class imbalances across the board.

• Heavily recycled content
  • Near zero collab content compared to JP server
  • Sega withholding important content and/or has no plan to implement for global
  • Unbalanced classes
  • Toxic/elitist player base
  • Hackers/Bots and RMTs
  • Dramatic loss of player base across all servers

The Japanese server has significant amount of collabs which keep the game fresh, each month usually had a different collab going on and this kept players vested and interested in playing outside of the min/max gear grind, global for licensing reasons has access to just a mere fraction of what the JP server has, and the SEA server got even less content and people wondered why the server died? PSo2's base content honestly, is fairly mundane at best with rinse and repeat content that does not reward the players for the time invested, it never has at least for the majority, remember last year when people was complaining about nemesis drops being rare and people was just buying them? How many people can actively say all the gear they are using is something they farmed and affixed themselves?

The problems global server has is simple, rushed content and other important content significantly held back which as created a big vacuum for a lot of players for progression, for some classes like summoner still do not have access to important sweets and players had to whine just to get important eggs as part of the CF, summoners also do not have access to S-affixes which makes the class get excluded from most of the content that regular players run for potential drops, so for Summoners...they are semi dead (scuffed) class and other classes suffer too like techers, in game where damage is everything which leads to one of the huge class unbalanced problems, which is very apparent in certain modes like endless, a lot of players don't want to talk about class imbalance as they fear certain classes would get hit with nerf bats like Sega used to do in the past. The fact is, Sega nerfed some classes really hard in the past and then paid the price for it making them nervous to nerf after that, some classes like cough bow need cough be looked at, and other classes if anything need to be buffed cough techers cough fighters cough summoners, jokes aside class balance is honestly...pretty bad in PSO2 and at this stage of the game, its not going to change.

PSO2 is essentially crafted that players are supposed to play and gear up multiple classes and not just concentrate on one class exclusively, on the JP server they had significant amount of time to build up class excubes for different classes, they had time but the global server did not and the rush meant most people concentrated on one class, and now as the servers approach what is considered the home stretch if you geared up a scuffed class and for example, wanted to gear up a new class...its not only going to be a significant meseta investment but also a significant time investment, if you wanted a Liberate weapon for a different class then getting those materials for it would take 40 or so levels at 95 to get the class cubes for a liberate weapon, even building a decent atlas weapon still is a big investment if done right and here lies a huge problem for casual or non-whale players, a large majority of players in this area probably don't even have 30m+ and casual players probably have less than 10m, and good luck in trying to acquire good gear in this market which leads to the elitist players complaining when undergeared casual players join UH content, the semi-free gear that Sega gives out still needs to be affixed properly and once again, that is still a large meseta investment.

Its true that a lot of people are waiting for NGS because it will be for most players, a chance at a fresh start however that being said....NGS may never even reach global server as people leave, go on hiatus and then quit, I myself have gone on a temporary hiatus as content wise has been poor, lack of significant updates for the classes I play etc etc and the stale drop rate, this is mirrored across the entire global server as people have quit, many quit because they got the impression that episode 6 is the be all, end all content that was going to fix the entire game and make it amazing....its not, if anything it just makes the game even more unbalanced and makes some classes near useless or not nearly as effective as other classes but besides that, players leaving en-masse causes a big problem because PSO2 requires a healthy playerbase for UQ runs, triggers and to keep the market healthy, the latter is being ruined by bots and RMT. Sega simply isn't doing enough to keep players interested in playing, and not doing nearly enough to incite new players to the game....once a new player joins, they see how much work and effort is required that they don't stay very long, as stupid as this sounds...if Sega gave everyone 400 class ex-cubes for each class, it'd probably help the game significantly and isn't as far-fetched as it sounds because remember, PSO2 is about 9 years old now, PSO2 global is less than a year old....that is a big difference.

Another issue that global has, is simply put - veteran players AND especially the vets who capitalize on that knowledge to rig the markets for greed and to generate meseta further messing up the markets.

Would you believe it? Someone posting these many lies?

Wheres the lie? Its mostly the true, stretched it slightly in places. If players want to see on how much content has been cut, then check out and do cross-reference, If people want to educate themselves on some of the differences, pso2 blog has more of the information since the blog goes back all the way to 2012, and is the defacto PSO2 information source.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

jp GOOD global BAD

Even with an infinite number of class cubes, there are only about two keys. Let's do Change Weapon Category.

@Matt said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

Obviously I am not linking here, but it is very, very easy to find PSO2 JP RMT sites. They are just a google away.

Granted on the summoner thing as an example, but you're making it sound like half the game is missing. It is not.

And I'm talking Japanese players in general, not just the English players on Ship 2. The communities are exactly the same, there are many toxic shithead Japanese players as well, you just don't see it because you're not browsing Japanese websites or communities.

And yes, all those drops are coming in 2 weeks with Armada 2, a quest designed to remedy this issue which was a thing on the JP servers as well.

When I played on JP server, RMT wasn't a problem at all, sounds like what your saying is that its become an issue. Also, I'm not saying that half the game is missing, but important things are missing and this aspect is what is hurting global, creating content like Armada 2 for instance, is just Sega's typical bandaid fixing instead of actually sitting down and listening to the playerbases critiques.

If anything, its kinder offensive really if you think about it - significant content with-held then pushed onto new EQs which most likely will not drop in the first place, this isn't a fix, its a side-stepping of the issue at hand because the drop rate is terrible to become with, this issue has plagued PSo2 since 2012, we know this. The amount of summoners for instance, complaining about Exquisite critical parfaits on the Christmas EQ with a drop rate of less than 1% with most never getting them, what happens with Armada 2 EQ and players throw themselves at running it day in, day out for specific drops which never materialize, people start to get pissy about it...people start to question why they are playing and that leads to players quitting the game, and obviously that is not the way forward.

Sega needs to balance risk vs reward, player progression on the global server so much better than its currently handled it.

I think the main source of the problem here is that you keep comparing JP server with NA server. Most of the people I heard complaining always start their sentence with "In JP they...".

Obviously this is just my opinion, and I don't mean to offend or disrespect who doesn't share it.

I just wanna say that as a player who never played on JP server (and for that reason, literally incapable of comparing), the game felt pretty good and fun, without particular issues in the 6 month I played it until now. Not more than any other MMOs I played before at least.

P.S.: as a main SU, the only thing I can understand is the lack of some sweets. But even with this issue, I can actually play all the content we have, including 25-30 divide. If this will change with the new content, I will obviously change this statement

@QWERT said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

Even with an infinite number of class cubes, there are only about two keys. Let's do Change Weapon Category.

I think there is about 3 key rivalates you can get, one for free - title reward and gold pass reward. Still though, that still means you need 1200 class cubes for all three liberate weapons, so if you decide to work on a weapon for an entirely different class you don't play....400 excubes is significant, for most players who have been playing one class exclusively should already have hundreds of excubes for that class and I can't see many getting multiple different liberate weapons for the same class?

The reason I mentioned this is because it limits your options if you decide to fully change class entirely, change weapon category would work but still, investment ...meseta + time especially with the next phase in ep6 coming?

@Amari-Kigu said in

Heavy Recycled content:

Both NA and JP have this problem. Less so in NA atm cause we still have updates to get. As soon as we run out it will be just as much of a issue. JP does run events at times between content droughts, like web-link events (I could be using the wrong name). We have not had a single weblink event yet and NA has been out a year. I do think with the speed of the content we are getting they should be more generous with item give aways/make the cost to get said items lower.

Near 0 collab content:

I agree much here. "But copyright". As a player, I don't care, the only thing I care about is it's not available. If you can't sell them release them for free acquired by ingame means.

Sega withholding important content and/or has no plan to implement for global:

Some yes. I'm still waiting for receptors. Oh, just for Sega jabs. The new extreme quest drops stuff with Astral Soul on them. Sounds nice right? Since uh Astral Soul can't be xfered without receptors, and a quest that was supposed to come out before it isn't in game so we can make guardian soul uh..... What exactly do I do this this Astral Soul affix when it drops??????? It's like the quest affix loot was designed with soul receptors and absolute glare being available in mind. (unless sega ninjaly -cough- added said receptors in)

Unbalanced classes:

We are just as balanced as JP, but yeah missing summoner stuff. I'd feel pretty bad if I played summoner. 😧

Toxic/elitist player base:

I've never had a situation with toxic players on JP, but I'm sure they exist. I've seen 2 players I consider toxic on NA.

Hackers/Bots and RMTs:

Probably worse on NA yeah.

Dramatic loss of player base across all servers:

I got no input on this. I'm sure NA has kept more just cause we get updates often (until we run out of updates).

pso2 in general is a heavily overrated and whiteknighted game that has no content compared to other big mmos, nothing tied to NA specifically

@Yui2387 said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

pso2 in general is a heavily overrated and whiteknighted game that has no content compared to other big mmos, nothing tied to NA specifically

I feel like I have to unfortunately agree with this. Around Episode 3 you can see the obvious decline in designing Expedition style content which I feel is PSO's bread and butter.

@Kobaltium said in The problems global server has, and JP does not:

I think the main source of the problem here is that you keep comparing JP server with NA server. Most of the people I heard complaining always start their sentence with "In JP they...".

Obviously this is just my opinion, and I don't mean to offend or disrespect who doesn't share it.

I just wanna say that as a player who never played on JP server (and for that reason, literally incapable of comparing), the game felt pretty good and fun, without particular issues in the 6 month I played it until now. Not more than any other MMOs I played before at least.

P.S.: as a main SU, the only thing I can understand is the lack of some sweets. But even with this issue, I can actually play all the content we have, including 25-30 divide. If this will change with the new content, I will obviously change this statement

The reason I made this post, is because I was reading the comment section and class sections and kept reading a lot of the comments and some players who never played on the JP server don't understand some of the differences which does affect the game and progression. Its best for you as a player who never touched the JP server to look into what content was axed for global, I'll admit that I made it sound like a massive amount was cut, but a decent chunk is missing and other players, especially other veterans are downplaying it too which doesn't help the discussion.

SU is missing alot of sweets and rolls, like very important ones. If you saw the list of actual sweets and rolls from the JP server, compared to the global then you would realize how much the class is being neglected, partially to blame is the the JP servers utter disgust and hatred of the SU class, a lot of JP players look down on the summoner class, the two most important issues for SU is access to Exquisite Critical Parfaits and Bravado Rolls, these two are perhaps the most important sweets for summoners and the latter so far has no definite answer for the global server, and eCrit Parfaits had a ridiculously low drop rate from Xmas triggers and currently have no access to them, This class compared to other classes is hamstringed because of this.