Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List

Thanks for reviving the body pillow. I wanted that one. :3

I actually missed out on the Eyucleta hair due to Microsoft's incompetence and failed launcher eating up a good 5 hours of my reinstallation time on a daily basis, so I'm happy to see that part of the Tier rewards again.

@Miraglyth said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

I'm a little unclear on what I could do about that, though?

Nothing except like I said showing them that there are are still people who care about the issue.

It's objectively impossible to give them credit for selecting revival content in a way that is sensible, coherent or fair, because they haven't and I've explained why.

That's beside the point, there is still a difference between "someone who knows how to do something but chooses not to do it" and "someone who doesn't know what he's doing". While some might say "what's the difference the end redult is still the same" the situation however is not as "making a list" would only help solving the issue in one of these cases.

Are you asking me to lie or something?

Well that's a very uncharitable way to interpret what I said.

My exasperation is not the cause of the issue, and reducing that would not help

Which is something I never claimed.

I fail to see how that would be constructive.

Because they can't just be dismissive about the issue if they see that people still care about it (they can ignore it tho).

Hence there is no competition.

Except there is because those people don't want to wait X months for the item they want and others still want to see the old stuff first. The only thing that actually eliminates "competition" would be to put all items from previous seasons in the Mission Badge Exchange shop as it would give everyone access to everything.

Really? What's that case?

That some sets have a bigger impact than others, e.g. the Lamia set. Caseals, by default (in addition to only having half the face options non-CASTs have, don't get a single robot themed face and as far as I know the game only has two robot themed faces for Caseals in total. One of which was part of an AC scratch where they decided "wouldn't it be fun to make this item untradeable". The other one is locked behind the Mission Pass meaing that while every set has "the standart" parts there is no evivalant for the face here which uniquely impacts Caseal fashion as a whole and thus justifies it having more appearances than other sets.

My opposing case would be...

Which just means both sides have a point but as I said a proper Mission Badge Exchange shop update would be the actual solution here.

Seems fine to me; I mostly like the mission badges anyways xD But it would be nice to have some new things; maybe like Tier 1 - 15 is old things and repeats and Tier 16 - 30 is all new stuff?

Both the Mission Pass and the new AC scratch look very underwhelming.

@Ryoga said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

I'm a little unclear on what I could do about that, though?

Nothing except like I said showing them that there are are still people who care about the issue.

Which I'm doing as a secondary activity to providing information on revivals and you seem to be taking issue with that for reasons that remain a mystery to me.

there is still a difference between "someone who knows how to do something but chooses not to do it" and "someone who doesn't know what he's doing". While some might say "what's the difference the end redult is still the same" the situation however is not as "making a list" would only help solving the issue in one of these cases.

Your point about the end result being the same came to me before I'd even read that sentence. It was you that brought this tact up though: "The pont was that they're more competent than you give them credit for." As far as I'm concerned if they have messed up the revivals this badly and knew they were doing it, it's an act of malice rather than incompetence and I think that'd be a worse thing to accuse them of!

You seem to be operating under the belief that this mess of a revival selection may be in any way good. That there may be some kind of grand design and that in a few seasons' time it'll all be fine because they surely know what they're doing. Correct me if I'm wrong in thinking you still harbour that belief? Or if not, all I can say is that if you really understand how messed up the revivals are and think this is good, I don't know what to say.

My exasperation is not the cause of the issue, and reducing that would not help

Which is something I never claimed.

To be blunt I'm not sure why else you'd bother bringing it up. I'm not the type to be satisfied when something is done badly in a way that is either preventable or salvageable.

Hence there is no competition.

Except there is because those people don't want to wait X months for the item they want

Then to be blunt again I'm not in the business of arguing with impatient people. If they want to demand the return of content that has barely been gone 4 months like Season 13 is giving us, content which they were never barred from getting 4 months ago like some of us were, and to the conscious expense of people who were forced to watch as Seasons 1-3 passed them by while they wanted to play but weren't allowed to and will have now been waiting 10 months come the end of Season 12, then they can make themselves look impatient and selfish all they like.

And if you want to frame an obviously unfair demand on their part as "competition", then I'm going to have to call out how much of a stretch of a sugar-coating exercise that is.

By the way - I appear to need to remind again - your idea that most players want recently-departed content to return with preference over older-departed content is simply not reflected in the reactions this one has been getting. It's the opposite! Players are not happy that we're getting a revival of content that didn't even leave that long ago. Here's some more Twitter responses in addition to the selection I provided earlier:

Why not make this crap FUN tix?

With no ability to trade and repeat mission pass literal garbage, is there much reason to keep using premium?

Why not a new pillow for my collection 😢 stop repeating it ... 🤢 😢

(This Tweet is referring to the fact that the FOnewearl pillow from Season 4 which PC players already had access to is revived while the HUnewearl pillow from Season 2 no PC player can possibly own has still yet to reappear).

Reviving content that has been gone longer, that wouldn't even be repeats for many of these tweet writers, would have prevented this negative response.

Really? What's that case?

That some sets have a bigger impact than others, e.g. the Lamia set. Caseals, by default (in addition to only having half the face options non-CASTs have, don't get a single robot themed face and...

That's an unfortunate example you've plucked there; the Lamia set is from Season 1. That's as old as you can get.

(It was available in Season 5 as well, but not if you took the Joker set instead since that was the infamous dilemma revival that single-handedly caused them to remove the text "don’t worry too much about difficult decisions" from mission pass pages from the following season onwards.)

You're right that it'd be nice for some uniquely distinct options like that to be more available. Might I suggest letting an entire portion of the player base have access to it for the first time ever? I hope you see what I'm getting at here.

My opposing case would be...

Which just means both sides have a point

If you'd read it, you'd have noticed that the case was phrased in a way to show how indisputable it was that reviving content that has been (a) gone longer in the first place, (b) uniquely never available to some of us, was clearly more sensible.

I mean, somehow we're stretching this chat into several quotes per message but that's really all that matters. Some of us were literally sitting watching the website and Twitter while Seasons 1-3 were happening, looking at lists of items we weren't allowed to get. We've been waiting since before we could even play, and while we were waiting players who could play were telling us to shut up because anything we miss will come back (which it hasn't).

And you want to tell me someone who chose not to play until last week and missed out on Season 10 entirely because they chose to has "a case" to demand preferential treatment over those of us who've been here the whole time and begging for a historic mistake to be simply and cleanly fixed?

I have nothing against new players - every game needs them, and if some kind of permanent revival cycle can be established we would all benefit. But until that happens, I am not seeing "a case" that those of us who were already screwed over 10 months ago should be treated as second-class and put to the back of the queue yet again.

@Xaiyeon said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

maybe like Tier 1 - 15 is old things and repeats and Tier 16 - 30 is all new stuff?

At best that'd be a pointless re-ordering of unchanged rewards, and at worst it'd be an active reduction of rewards that would give the people currently complaining a legitimate reason to.

Season 13 is giving us the same amount of new content as every other season. Some people are seeing a bunch of items they've seen in recent seasons and writing it off as having too many revivals without realising they're still getting just as many new items as they ever did.

While they may be incorrect to have assumed the revivals have taken the place of new items, they wouldn't have thought about it in the first place if the content being revived wasn't still in recent memory.

I'm not going to complain, the magia earrings are back 🙂 been waiting for those for the 2nd use to unlock on my other characters.

I am a little annoyed that we PC players are missing out on those early sets.... but it is what it is.

Even I own some of this stuff and I started sometime in July. I own the Japanese Thigh-Highs and both colors of the Devil Horns. I wonder why black is missing? It’s frankly weird I’m seeing repeats of stuff I own, I’d rather see older stuff.

I’m not sure I want to bother with this Mission Pass. The CAST stuff? Maybe. The rest is absolute garbage for me, it has no appeal at all.

@Milk said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

I wonder why black is missing?

Yes, now we can see the contents in game it does confirm that Devil Horns: Black are missing, which breaks up that pair. Here they are together in Season 7 Gold tier 01:

6dfa4c19-f1ac-49aa-b2a9-18e2c30c6bf5-image.png

And here they are as one of the choices in (over run) Gold tier 32 of the same season:

ad8c6734-d67a-421f-b093-f6951b219f50-image.png

This makes it even weirder: Anyone who chose Group1 five seasons ago was already screwed by seeing part of the option they chose return while none of the Luther items did, but now anyone who chose Group2 is also screwed because this still leaves out one of the items they didn't get to account-bind.

While we're confirming stuff, Gold tier 09 has also broken up the Euclyta outfit set. Euclyta Short should have been provided with Crimpiacio, and if Crimpiacio returns in a future season (in the current format Gold tier 21 is the female non-CAST revival tier) then it would surely come with Euclyta Short anyway so its inclusion this season could have been replaced with an individual item that doesn't have a set.

@Miraglyth

Yeah I’m pretty disappointed because I wanted account unlock, I still only have one. I only wear the black ones so receiving just the red is very unappealing. This mission pass is kind of awful.

There are some I've missed, but... there are quite a few I wish we didn't get. I already got Freeva twice thanks to the mission pass that first had it.

Hi @Miraglyth and others. This thread has been seen and noted, and will be brought up to the team. Thank you for noticing that your feedback has led to positive changes in the game, and please continue to contribute as you see fit!

Thanks Deynger

Yes, that response is most appreciated. And that offer is still open; I'm willing and able to break down previous seasons' rewards to facilitate using future revivals to clear up recent inconsistencies and fill in legacy gaps.

As for this series of topics, to reiterate its primary purpose is to inform. Since some of the response of Season 13 - particularly on Twitter - misinterpreted the existing format as having revivals replace new rewards, I'm also planning to create a little infographic to share when Season 14 is announced in four weeks' time to help them understand this is not the case and that revivals should never be a reason to dislike a season's rewards.

I’d be fine with revival stuff if I didn’t own it yet or I liked it enough to account unlock but man it’s disappointing when it’s revivals of stuff you just plain don’t like. I’ve never missed a mission pass season since I started playing but this one is not enticing in any way for me. 😞 I’m just looking at stuff like the body pillow like “no”