Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List

Since it keeps happening I may as well make a habit of explaining where reappearing content came from before:

Past Topics

The List

Season 13 Tier Rewards Previous Season Previous Tier
Gold 03 Cyber Goggles A, Cyber Goggles B 6 Gold 06
Gold 09 Euclyta Short (Note 1) 4 28
Gold 11 * Apoptosis 7 04
Gold 16 * FOnewearl 4 04
Gold 17 Japanese Thigh-Highs 7 24
Gold 17 Devil Horns: Red (Note 2) 7 01
Gold 20 Exvilants 4 27
Gold 21 Magia Savior, Magia Ponytail, Magia Headgear, Magia Earrings 4 18
Gold 22 Freeva Parts set 4 10
Gold 23 Roava Parts set 4 05
Unknown 09 (Note 3) 332: Photo Op 7 24

Notes

1. In Season 4 this reward also included Crimpiacio, Euclyta's ARKS outfit that goes with her hair. It is not listed in the Season 13 rewards, so either the listing is incomplete or the reward is missing!

2. In Season 7 Devil Horns: Red was distributed as a pair with Devil Horns: Black, both in gold tier 01 and as one of the over run choices in gold tier 32 (the other choice being Luther Penna, Luther Felz and Luther Derota). Devil Horns: Black is not listed in the Season 13 rewards, so either the listing is incomplete or the reward is missing!

3. A picture of Photo Op is shown below the gold rewards listings, but it is not included in the reward listings! Either the listing is incomplete or the picture is not meant to be there.

Separating out my commentary into a new post to keep the list to its own post:

Honestly, I don't think they know what they're doing anymore.

Seasons 11 and 12 between them brought back about a third of the content from Seasons 2-4 (2 of the 6 groups of outfits, for instance) but it did so in a way that meant the other two thirds could still be brought back without mixing things up too much more than that. Much of this season comes from Season 7, with one reward tier from Season 6 and nothing at all from Season 5. Leaving aside how this leaves most of 2-4 still to go, why have we jumped so far forwards all of a sudden? It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile we have some more cross-contamination with the outfits that returned in gold tiers 20-23; every season has two sets of four outfits (and related hairs and accessories) with the first set being in tiers 5, 8, 10 and 18 and the second set being in tiers 27-30. Like Season 12 they've messed this up - this time the exception is by giving us Exvilants (Afin's Ep. 3 outfit) instead of the tier 08 reward that would have fit the pattern. This is more noticeable because that would have been Savior's Roar, Zeno's Ep. 2 outfit that pairs with the Magia set we got. Separately Exvilants itself paired with Crimpiacio which is another mess because that was previously combined with Euclyta Short which we are now getting as an individual item.

This season also introduces the idea of punishing players for choices they made in previous seasons, by giving us half of a legacy choice twice:

1. In Season 6 Gold tier 32 (over run), players could choose one of two accessory sets to account-bind: Group1 was Cabracan Mask and Camelot Mask (from Gold tier 01) and Group2 was Cyber Goggles A and Cyber Goggles B (from Gold tier 06). Season 12 only revives the latter, so anyone who chose the Masks now have both options account-bound and anyone who chose the Goggles before receives an unnecessary third set of them but still cannot account-bind the Masks.

2. In Season 7 Gold tier 32 (over run), players could choose one of two accessory sets to account-bind: Group1 was Devil Horns: Red and Devil Horns: Black (from Gold tier 01) and Group2 was Luther Penna, Luther Felz and Luther Derota (from Gold tier 12). Season 12 only revives the former (assuming Devil Horns: Black are present but not on the website listing), so anyone who chose the Luther set before now have both options account-bound while anyone who chose the Horns before receives an unnecessary third set of them but still cannot account-bind the Luther set.

And lastly PC players who were pseudo-banned out of Seasons 1-2 and the end of 3 are not only given none of the items they've still never had a chance to get (including Season 1 since Season 5 only let them get half of that) but are actively being mocked by the duplicate-giving inclusion of the * FOnewearl camo from Season 4 that pairs with the * HUnewearl camo from Season 2 which is among the many items to have never returned since.

Community management team, what's going on here? It feels like the developers have no idea what they included in previous seasons, or even which outfit sets naturally pair up! Despite taking our feedback from previous seasons, the consistency of revived content is getting worse every season. Is there something I could do to help? Would it be useful if I made a list of the content that needs to be brought back to fix the several messes that have now been created by how out of place these revivals have been? Seriously, the revivals are just so bizarrely wrong lately that I feel the people in charge of organising them need this kind of help.

poggers still no angriff set

The majority of replies to the Twitter post announcing this season, with comments like:

I feel like passing on this one. Some of those are just old returning stuff.

Sorry but why is all this stuff basically repeated I have most of these items from previous passes already 🤔

Yeah with all due respect devs, this is way too many repeats.

I feel this is happening because many of the repeats are from Season 7 which is still too recent: Season 7 ran from the 2nd to 30th of September, which was only 4 months ago, and more players will remember them because all players (Xbox, Microsoft Store and Steam) could get them the last time we had them.

Meanwhile the majority of rewards from Seasons 1-3 have yet to return; this would all be new content for Steam players (who even missed out on the incomplete revival of Season 1 in Season 5) and almost all of it would be new content for all PC players too. These groups would not complain about repeats because they wouldn't have seen them before!

In short, jumping ahead so far with revivals has not been a popular move, and it's not the revivals at fault but the inexplicable choice of what to revive; recent content that nobody needs instead of content so old that some players never had a chance to get it before. Matt's post above gives an immediate and perfect example:

@Matt said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

poggers still no angriff set

Angriff was from Season 2 tier 29 and was released back in April. No PC player has ever been able to get it. It'd make way more sense to revive that as it would be new content for a lot of players. Why are we getting revivals nobody wants when we could be filling gaps like this?

@Miraglyth said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

Would it be useful if I made a list of the content that needs to be brought back

There is no need for that as the solution should be clear. They said they were going to "bring it up" during their team meetings but that ultimately means nothing more than "someone briefly mentioning it" and ofc. we didn't get any feedback form it either.

I do not have what they give, so for me it is fine and I think for many who started at the end of November like me. Why so toxic? Not everyone has your tastes.:D

@Ryoga said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

They said they were going to "bring it up" during their team meetings but that ultimately means nothing more than "someone briefly mentioning it" and ofc. we didn't get any feedback form it either.

That comment itself means nothing: Since May I have reported several bugs that have since been fixed without feedback or acknowledgement.

@Chantro said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

for me it is fine and I think for many who started at the end of November like me. Why so toxic?

No toxicity here, just confusion and exasperation. Since you started at the end of November, revivals of content from March through May would also be new to you, no? So if they were sensible and revived the stuff that is most in need of reviving first, you would still get as much new content as you are now and other players would be getting more.

Moreover, if they were reviving these in a sensible order, content from Season 7 that we are getting now would arrive in 4-5 months' time instead. You would still get it just as you are now, but people who start the game between now and 4-5 months time would also get it as well. This means more people benefit in the long term! I like it when more people benefit. I think that's a good thing.

Reviving content that hasn't been away for very long, and leaving content that has been away for twice as long and never available to portions of the player base un-revived seems totally illogical to me. (And none of this discusses how the breaking up of former sets of content will make it harder to revive more of the content you didn't get in future seasons, which is not a good thing for you or anyone else either).

That comment itself means nothing

Except it does, you're just being dismissive here for no reason. If they told us the outcome of their meeting then you wouldn't even have to ask this question in the first place. Just because the community manager brought it up doesn't mean that they see it as an issue worth addressing, for all we know they might not even see it as an issue at all.

Since May I have reported several bugs that have since been fixed without feedback or acknowledgement.

Then going by your own logic this hole thread would have no point since you wouldn't re-report the same issues over and over again just because a previous maintenance didn't fix the problem now would you? But even then a list of known issues would still help other players to not waste their time reporting issues "the team" is already aware of.

This mission pass is another one to skip for me only want 1 hair and the Primordial Darkstones (or whatever they are called this week) but the latter I can just farm when the trigger gets added to Rising Weapon Badges shop to infinity farm.

How much SG do you get out of a mission pass? I would be very pissed if I was paying real money but since I usually get back most, if not all it doesn't bother me as much. I would however love to see a mission pass thats 100% new every once in a while.

@Ashe-Kinsilla

200sg.

I always buy the pass just for the SG

Feels bad, I picked up doubles of Cyber Goggles and Devil Horns. So it kind of sucks that they brought those back instead of the other choices.

you're just being dismissive here for no reason.

I mean, I clearly stated the reason. I'm not trying to be dismissive; I'm just respectfully disagreeing. Your post was to say this was a road to nowhere, if I understand correctly? Please correct me if I was wrong about that.

But if I wasn't: I and probably several others by now know first-hand that lack of feedback from our stretched community team does not mean it was ignored and won't help. Our feedback can be heard and can lead to positive change even if it doesn't get a response before the change happens (or ever). Several months into this game's tenure in I'm still eager to try to help make these things better - because sometimes it does help.

Then going by your own logic this hole thread would have no point since you wouldn't re-report the same issues over and over again just because a previous maintenance didn't fix the problem now would you?

The primary purpose of this topic is to collate the information on what is revived and where it came from for players to know.

This time around I've even iterated my approach to that by removing my own feelings and feedback on the content from the topic's opening post entirely, to keep a neutral focus on that objective detail so players can get the information without having to put up with ramblings that I'm fully aware not everyone cares for.

Even without my commentary on how they've been mixing up revivals, this topic will always have that point, and it's a benefit that can be repeated every season that brings back content from previous ones. In fact, imagine for a second if Season 14 responds to feedback from myself and the Twitter complaints. Better yet, imagine they give us the missing parts of seasons 1-3. I'd still post a topic listing what that is for its informational value, you know? It'd just be my subsequent commentary that's happier. Hopefully that illustrates the quality of the revivals has no impact on the existence of these topics.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

How much SG do you get out of a mission pass?

Every Season from 1 to 12 and probably 13 when we see it in-game gives 200 SG; 100 from Normal tiers and 100 from Gold tiers. In fact it's always the same tiers every time: 6, 14, 22 and 32. SG 5 Ticket (x5) for all eight of those.

• If a non-Premium player does not buy Gold at all, they gain 100 SG overall thanks to the Normal tier rewards (but cannot get Gold tier rewards).
  • If a non-Premium player unlocks Gold by spending 200 SG, they gain 200 SG from the season overall and break even.
  • If a Premium player uses a Gold Ticket to unlock Gold, they gain 200 SG overall from the season (which is a good SG source) and the Gold tier rewards.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

I would however love to see a mission pass thats 100% new every once in a while.

This is a misconception I've seen and tried to correct on Twitter; the Mission Pass planners have been careful to ensure revived rewards do not replace new rewards.

• We always get 8 new oufit sets (always from Gold tiers 05, 08, 10, 18, 27, 28, 29 and 30).
  • We always get 1 new furnishing (from Normal tier 12).
  • We always get 1 new emote (from Normal tier 24).
  • We sometimes get 1 new mag evolution device (from Gold tier 24) but that was never consistent even before revivals.

None of this has changed since the current revival format that started in Season 10!

I think weapon camos and accessories have been a little less consistent in their placement but we always get several new accessories and at least one new weapon camo every season; in Season 13 for instance * Kingblade Lahar, * Punk Shaker and * Frostcrypt Essence are three new weapon camos and Ocha is even a new evolution device.

Tiers that now regularly feature revivals - in particular 20 through 23 with their outfits - previously only had consumables. In every season from 1 to 9, Gold tier 21 always just gave Half Scape Doll (x2) and Izane Crystal (x2). That was it. From Season 10 onwards it has also given the revival of a female non-CAST outfit set. That's an addition!

TLDR: We're still getting just as much new stuff as always. We're just getting more than we used to!

@DishSoap said in Mission Pass Season 13 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

Feels bad, I picked up doubles of Cyber Goggles and Devil Horns. So it kind of sucks that they brought those back instead of the other choices.

Whoa! I missed that one. You're completely correct! Yes, the other choice to account-bind in Season 6 Gold tier 32 was Cabracan Mask and Camelot Mask. I'll update the notes with that - thanks very much!

Fun fact: I chose both the Cyber Goggles set and the Devil Horns set. So I've been punished both times! 🎊

Your post was to say this was a road to nowhere

The pont was that they're more competent than you give them credit for. The issue is probably not that "they don't know what they're doing" but more likely that they see it as a low priority issue (if at all) otherwise they would have acted on it. But that doesn't mean that "this was a road to nowhere", in fact constantly brining it up is the only way to even have a chance that they do something about it in the first place but you should dampen your expectations a little if only to avoid further "confusion and exasperation".

Also the thing you're asking for is mostly just a bandage for a bigger problem. You want to see "AB" because you feel left out of some items you should have had access to but you put yourself in direct competition with other people who want to see "XY" instead and as things are right now they can make a case as for why item "X" should have a higher priority than item "A" even if "X" is "newer" or has alredy been brought back in the past.

The pont was that they're more competent than you give them credit for.

I'm a little unclear on what I could do about that, though? It's objectively impossible to give them credit for selecting revival content in a way that is sensible, coherent or fair, because they haven't and I've explained why. Are you asking me to lie or something?

in fact constantly brining it up is the only way to even have a chance that they do something about it in the first place but you should dampen your expectations a little if only to avoid further "confusion and exasperation".

My exasperation is not the cause of the issue, and reducing that would not help, so I'm afraid I fail to see how that would be constructive.

You want to see "AB" because you feel left out of some items you should have had access to but you put yourself in direct competition with other people who want to see "XY" instead

I do not, and I explained as much to Chantro in a previous post. It seems I need to repeat myself, so apologies in advance:

I would like to see both AB (Season 1 content) and XY (Season 7 content) revived, but to me it makes sense to revive Season 1 content in Season 12 and then Season 7 content in Season 16 or so. This has two benefits:

1. An identified group of players who were specifically blocked from being able to get Season 1 content don't have to wait even longer (or potentially never get it) considering they have been vocally waiting 9 months since their start during late Season 3 already.

2. Players who start after Season 12 ends but before Season 16 ends would still be able to get Season 7 content instead of suffering the knowledge that they've probably missed the second chance already and will probably not get a third.

Hence there is no competition.

In any case, part of my commentary has been to point out that we haven't got AB or XY - instead we've got BX, the freakishly mismatched mix of portions of content from different seasons. Will we ever see A or Y at all? Who knows. 🤷

And that's why I call this a mess: Because they've made it harder to untangle what they have and haven't revived at this point to work out what they still need to revive for the first time. And this was completely preventable by just simply not mixing things up so weirdly in the first place.

And GMs, if you're reading this: I am willing to do that untangling for you. I have the full history of Mission Pass content recorded (it's how I make these topics) and I can put together a plan of how you can fix the mess and fill in the gaps that have been created by the senseless mixture that we've had in seasons 10-12. If that would be of help, please get in touch!

they can make a case as for why item "X" should have a higher priority then item "A" even if "X" is "newer" or has alredy been brought back in the past.

Really? What's that case?

My opposing case would be that nobody was ever actively prevented from getting X like they were with A, that all players who missed X have by definition also missed A so there is no consequence to getting A revived first and X later (which means those players will get both anyway and no harm is done by getting A first), and that by reviving X before A they have provoked a horde of Twitter complaint today from people who remember getting these items recently which would not have been a problem with the not-recent A (so harm was done by getting X first).

I believe that's all straightforward, compelling and sensible.