Nearly two months without player trading

It's obvious they are trying to get rid of RMT. Right now their fix for NGS RMT will be no personal trading. This will greatly reduce the flow of it im sure.

Also JP has a lot of them just not advertised in game. Ya'll smoking something strong if you think JP PSO2 has no RMT websites.

I want the Sangamori the Possessed camo so bad! Maybe I can get Sega to replace the removed trading for a 13 star camo of our choice!? Anyone want to help me shout about? See if we can make it happen?

@RainGnyu said in Nearly two months without player trading:

I want the Sangamori the Possessed camo so bad! Maybe I can get Sega to replace the removed trading for a 13 star camo of our choice!? Anyone want to help me shout about? See if we can make it happen?

No because it would potentially turbofuck the ingame economy when everyone grabs the most expensive one they can to sell on the market (it would be nice if they all were a little easier to obtain though).

@Zeke said in Nearly two months without player trading:

It's obvious they are trying to get rid of RMT. Right now their fix for NGS RMT will be no personal trading. This will greatly reduce the flow of it im sure.

Also JP has a lot of them just not advertised in game. Ya'll smoking something strong if you think JP PSO2 has no RMT websites.

If that were the sole reason for trading being removed in NGS it would still be an awful idea and not solve anything since there will still be a player market. The reason for its removal is most likely profit-driven given the monetization of PSO2 (and is incredibly predatory, like most gambling is).

Relax mate, New Genesis will not have trade at all, they are just getting you used to it.

@IAMCRAIG said in Nearly two months without player trading:

If that were the sole reason for trading being removed in NGS it would still be an awful idea and not solve anything since there will still be a player market. The reason for its removal is most likely profit-driven given the monetization of PSO2 (and is incredibly predatory, like most gambling is).

There’s going to be a 10% tax on personal shop and removing trading will stop people trying to get around that. I think it’s a profit driven reason as well. It’s too bad players won’t be able to gift their new friends starter discs or gear they found, they could have just put a restriction on AC items but instead they chose to remove it. No mention of what they plan on replacing it with so it’s $15/mo for less features. Not one game I play with a premium sub excludes trading so this feels like a ripoff. No thanks. 😑

@Milk said in Nearly two months without player trading:

There’s going to be a 10% tax on personal shop and removing trading will stop people trying to get around that. I think it’s a profit driven reason as well. It’s too bad players won’t be able to gift their new friends starter discs or gear they found, they could have just put a restriction on AC items but instead they chose to remove it. No mention of what they plan on replacing it with so it’s $15/mo for less features. Not one game I play with a premium sub excludes trading so this feels like a ripoff. No thanks. 😑

Then go play those games.

@NotTriEdge said in Nearly two months without player trading:

Relax mate, New Genesis will not have trade at all, they are just getting you used to it.

Ya it's already been confirmed no personal trading will be allowed. Only trading through the player shop.

@Zeke said in Nearly two months without player trading:

@NotTriEdge said in Nearly two months without player trading:

Ya it's already been confirmed no personal trading will be allowed. Only trading through the player shop.

I wonder how people will evade the tax now, for most people this likely won't be a big deal, since trading wasn't all that important of a feature for premium. if it was. Looks like those few will have to just skip NGS.

@ZENCHI said in Nearly two months without player trading:

Rude. I’m going to play without buying premium and just spend on scratches.

I'm very happy to hear you want to still support sega.

Have they posted anything about premium for NGS? If not I wonder if they will change some stuff or add anything. I can kind of understand why they took trade away. I'm not going to lie I maybe used it like 2 times in my 10 months of playing global. If it is their way of dealing with bots then I guess i'll be fine with it. I guess it kind of worked when we had trade taken down for like the 2 months. Suddenly there was no more bots advertising. Now that we have it back, i'm starting to see them again.

I might've missed someone mentioning it, but I'm pretty sure trading has been sneak fixed since last week(luster update). I didn't read anything about it on their end, but I just tried for the sake of seeing, and was able to trade with a friend of mine without issue(that was the day of the luster update, or day after). I haven't tried since then, I mentioned it to a few friends in my alliance who where also able to trade without issue.

but yet..

if you wanna guarantee something out that sg scratch... cuz you know the way they do the drop rates, you're gonna have tons of copies of teh crappay..

better go ahead and pony up for that $99 star gem exchange ticket.. aaand then you're still gonna need some more..

aaand do you still wanna trade and use super basic game functionality?

you're gonna have to go ahead and cough up for that too...

mess up your char creation when you first started because important information wasn't signposted? welp.. sorry bout your luck budddaaayyyy.. did you buy another char. and wanna recreate... lost that money didntcha oh.. cuz yeaahh.. no.. you did not buy another slot.. who do you think we are? konami?

after alll that..

i don't see whyyy you would expect something as simple as trading to work.. or why you would expect it to be fixed in a timely manner

c'mon.. it's a free game.. give em a break maaan..

i mean.. like they do for us...

Yep this thread is dead now. Trading is back!

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Nearly two months without player trading:

Have they posted anything about premium for NGS? If not I wonder if they will change some stuff or add anything. I can kind of understand why they took trade away. I'm not going to lie I maybe used it like 2 times in my 10 months of playing global. If it is their way of dealing with bots then I guess i'll be fine with it. I guess it kind of worked when we had trade taken down for like the 2 months. Suddenly there was no more bots advertising. Now that we have it back, i'm starting to see them again.

I pay for things I feel are a good value so currently I buy AC scratch just for those cool bonus emotes that I can’t get elsewhere and I’m still playing catch up on inventory spaces for my alts. I don’t buy SG scratch because I don’t like the odds and I sadly won’t buy premium in NGS unless they sweeten the deal I guess? It’s more like any company taking away a perk and charging the same price, it just bothers me. Maybe we’ll hear more about it, who knows, I might end up liking the NGS premium still.

I understand why they did it but at the same time I don’t. What are other games doing differently that their bot problem is insignificant by comparison? Is this poor game just being targeted more? I don’t know. As I’ve said it’s the one perk I actually used because I rarely use the shops(I keep everything or give it to loved ones), too cheap to use the drinks, don’t play enough to use the extended client orders, ect. For me personally right now premium is a waste of my money other than trading to my husband when I get something cool from AC he might like or a friend wanted.

But at the end of the day, this and ffxiv are the games getting me through the pandemic, something that makes me happy after work so I’m happy to buy something from SEGA. Heck just keep those bonus emotes coming, have you seen the Luster scratch one? It’s Quna’s dance! I lost my ever loving mind for that. 😍

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Nearly two months without player trading:

I pay for things I feel are a good value so currently I buy AC scratch just for those cool bonus emotes that I can’t get elsewhere and I’m still playing catch up on inventory spaces for my alts. I don’t buy SG scratch because I don’t like the odds and I sadly won’t buy premium in NGS unless they sweeten the deal I guess? It’s more like any company taking away a perk and charging the same price, it just bothers me. Maybe we’ll hear more about it, who knows, I might end up liking the NGS premium still.

I understand why they did it but at the same time I don’t. What are other games doing differently that their bot problem is insignificant by comparison? Is this poor game just being targeted more? I don’t know. As I’ve said it’s the one perk I actually used because I rarely use the shops(I keep everything or give it to loved ones), too cheap to use the drinks, don’t play enough to use the extended client orders, ect. For me personally right now premium is a waste of my money other than trading to my husband when I get something cool from AC he might like or a friend wanted.

But at the end of the day, this and ffxiv are the games getting me through the pandemic, something that makes me happy after work so I’m happy to buy something from SEGA. Heck just keep those bonus emotes coming, have you seen the Luster scratch one? It’s Quna’s dance! I lost my ever loving mind for that. 😍

I'd honestly like to know what a few f2p games are doing to combat bots. I remember when I was in highs chool and the whole f2p eastern online games were barely making it over to the western side of the world. The bot spam was crazy. Comapred to now its was crazy, but i'd still like to see how other companies are doing it AND keeping trading open.