Potential solution to NP1002 and NP0 errors

I want to share my experience in case it helps anyone else.

While dealing with a potential virus this morning, I made some changes to Windows settings and hunted through my registry to ensure it was dead. Afterward I launched PSO2 and encountered repeated NP1002 and NP0 errors. Research told me these were GameGuard related but none of the suggestions I found online helped.

I discovered the problem myself. It turns out the memory-based protection in Windows Defender, which I had arbitrarily enabled in my virus hunt, stops GameGuard from being able to interact with PSO2. To turn this feature off, try:

Windows Defender > Device Security > Core Isolation, and tick the box off.

This solved my problem immediately. If anyone else has this specific issue, I hope this post helps you.

Interesting, since NP1002/NP0 can still be tripped even if Core Isolation is off.

Are you running any Insider build of Windows by any chance?

Did That, Still havent gotten the game to work, anyone have any ideas, already redownloaded the game 3x, two times using tweaker, and once using Steam, still no Luck, the Fix GameGuard on Tweaker didnt help, Im out of Ideas

@lfskyden-0 said in Potential solution to NP1002 and NP0 errors:

Did That, Still havent gotten the game to work, anyone have any ideas, already redownloaded the game 3x, two times using tweaker, and once using Steam, still no Luck, the Fix GameGuard on Tweaker didnt help, Im out of Ideas

Since you use Tweaker, you should use their Discord Server's Tech Support and upload your GameGuard Logs. It should tell you what is potentially causing your errors