Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?

@Astral-Lettie said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

i didn't fail to understand it, you just failed to make sense

Nope, you had no problem making sense of what I was talking about (at least partially) hence the "learn your class" instead of something like "it doesn't take that much time to clear" or "it's always available, you can play it whenever you want it". What you couldn't make sense of wasn't my post but my position on the matter (which is ultimately irrelevant for the argument at hand) leading you to make false assumptions like "You just want...". However I wasn't even asking for anything, I merely stated that ignoring it is not really an option due to its relevance to the gear progression and the lack of a more accessible alternative which is just factually true.

Moving on.

That I can agree with.

@Milk Yes, during a divide quest, the party receives an attack power buff depending on the number of participants, the smaller the party, the bigger is the buff (1 player gets a bigger ATK buff than 2 players, 2 gets more than 3, ...).

@Milk yup, pretty much what @Ezodagrom said. Running solo is far lot easier than playing with 2, 3 or 4 people. Unless you are always getting carried or somehow managed to make a more support only oriented playstyle (not sure how that would work though)

Thanks guys! I just want to play with my husband, it sounds like a lot of fun, can’t wait.

@Ryoga said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

if you aren't good enough to handle it, then just ignore it

Unfortunately this isn't like Phaleg where "just ignore it" is a realistic option as the items you get from divide quests are esential for your current (and future) gear progression and there is no casual friendly alternative to it.

1-5 is easy enough and modules can be purchased at Meseta. They can also rely on the people who carry themselves. Is this not enough to casual?

@QWERT said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

1-5 is easy enough

That depends on how exactly you define "easy enough", what's easy for one doesn't have to be "easy" for another. Remember the difference in performance between a "top" and even an "average" player can be more than tenfold. I heard there are people who even struggle with the last enemy from the rainbow key.

Is this not enough to casual?

If it was then we wouldn't have this thread just like we don't see this kind of thread for something like endless quests.

@Ryoga Does that mean it's not casual unless it can be achieved by a baby? No, is it still too difficult?

Hi all. Thank you for expressing your thoughts on this so that I can let the team know. Divide Quests are really fun and we want all to participate.

@GM-Deynger Personally I don't think anything should be changed in the current divide quests.

At best maybe make an XH version with less rewards per run could be made for the more casual players?

Well, campaigns featuring Divide Quests would be some help, for instance.

Or giving an incentive to pug it so people that aren't as fortunate to have a steady group can do it with other people and not be forced to only solo.

If one of the best ways to play any mode in any mmo-type game is by going solo, arent you defeating the purpose of it being mmo? Why group up at all if you can be just as successful on your own?

@GM-Deynger Ah, true, campaigns for divide quests would be nice.

Since the last few posts were difficulty related, I thought the feedback was related to that. ^^;

@Ryoga Does that mean it's not casual unless it can be achieved by a baby? No, is it still too difficult?

This isn't just limited to actual difficulty but also to accessibility. In GW2 for example the devs tried to push people into what would essentially equate to the UQ boss fights PSO2 has but as PuGing them isn't as upfront as their PSO2 counterparts "casuals" avoid them like the plague.

@GM-Deynger said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

Divide Quests are really fun and we want all to participate. ... Well, campaigns featuring Divide Quests would be some help, for instance.

That's not going to change anything as the issue here isn't that the content isn't rewarding enough.

@Furious said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

Or giving an incentive to pug it

It's impossible to give "an incentive to PuG" without changing how the system works. The changes they can make here that would have the least impact gameplay wise would be to give out bonus rewards based on individual performance and remove the whole "team life thing" as those are the main things that disincentivize PuGing.

I like Divides as is. It gives people incentive to improve. Not sure it should be made easier if it isn't made easier on JP either. I would say a better idea is to incentivize alliances to get together for divides, and give incentives for them playing Divides together, and learning it. Since it is team based. The phrase 'we are as strong as our weakest link' comes to mind. I think it is a worthy challenge to have in the game.

you dont pug dq, if ppl dont know what they're doing your run is screwed. study the content and find a group