Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?

Techter is the weakest class, this is true, but I think you are overestimating. It's not that far behind other classes, and as usual, a good Techter will easily outpace other classes. You can do the hardest achievement in the game, the "Eternal Loner" title, if you are a good enough Techter.

@Furious said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

@Nue-0 Gotcha, so I need bleeding edge gear and affixes and the time to do all of it and master it like JP had to be on par with other classes. Shouldn't be an issue, then, right?

You can essentially apply this to every class in the game. Good gear helps, but it will not make up for lack of skill and practice. It would help to learn the content before just diving in and assuming you need the best gear possible to clear it.

@Furious said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

@Nue-0 Gotcha, so I need bleeding edge gear and affixes and the time to do all of it and master it like JP had to be on par with other classes. Shouldn't be an issue, then, right?

My husband plays the same class and didn’t need fancy gear or a lot of time to practice, you should give it a try! The worst that can happen is you fail it solo and you can just try again.

I agree, it's stupid there is no pugs and this is just raids all over again where you have to run a pre made if you want to play in multiplayer.

@TreeMan said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

I agree, it's stupid there is no pugs and this is just raids all over again where you have to run a pre made if you want to play in multiplayer.

As it was said much earlier in this thread days ago, this content actually requires more skill than 99% of this game, i'm afraid this isn't one people can be carried through, so others actually bring you down and get in the way if you don't trust them, this is not pug friendly content at all. it's actually best solo, if you aren't good enough to handle it, then just ignore it like the OP.

Divide Quests are far from dead and thanks to being able to solo it, it never will be close to dead since it has good rewards that reset weekly. at least until the end of this game into NGS.

@TreeMan Random public groups are detrimental if you wanted to get the resources/rewards in order to progress to future content (making Stil weapons, or even preparing for the upcoming Ayer/Cras wepaons and units). Your rewards are directly tied to your performance as a team and a randomly-made team who cannot efficiently clear these objectives will result in lesser rewards or even failed runs (the mission aborts when all lives are lost).

@Astral-Lettie said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

if you aren't good enough to handle it, then just ignore it

Unfortunately this isn't like Phaleg where "just ignore it" is a realistic option as the items you get from divide quests are esential for your current (and future) gear progression and there is no casual friendly alternative to it.

@HarmlessSyan said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

Pre-mades or soloing/locking rooms to prevent being dragged down by randoms. Since divide quest is sort of scaled to the number of players each step, having an extra body lowers the attack bonus of the group.

Also, those leechers dying over and over again on harder stages, wasting your time because when they die enough times, everyone fails and got nothing in rewards.

Divide Quest and Infiltration Ultimate are 2 game modes I personally love. I do not mind carrying alliance members but otherwise I strictly solo it, Etoile is a way to get a fast and easy S rank and with other classes I love to do it to get more skill with the class.

For example, I level my Phantom with keys until 95:

• Tried Divide Stage 26, died on Rank A (1st Stage)
  • Tried it a few times and died on the 28 stage
  • Went to an UH content and... Holy F...!! My survivability and and damage increased considerably....
  • Kept trying Divide until I advanced to Stage 29 and died

Every time I see progress on Divide, I notice a considerable change on how I play a class I'm not familiarized with. It also helps a lot that the HP is scaled based on the amount of party members.

@Ryoga said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

if you aren't good enough to handle it, then just ignore it

Unfortunately this isn't like Phaleg where "just ignore it" is a realistic option as the items you get from divide quests are esential for your current (and future) gear progression and there is no casual friendly alternative to it.

There are alternatives such as atlas, trailblazer, etc, they're fine enough to get you through the game without redux, it's actually very "casual" friendly, what you mean to say is it's not easy enough to breeze through like what we've been used to so far. i'm afraid if you want the items you'll have to actually work for them. Take the time to learn your class and enemy patterns so you can survive in it.

There are alternatives such as atlas, trailblazer, etc

That's not an alternative as the progression here is not horizontal.

what you mean to say is...

Nope, that's just you making up a straw man.

There are alternatives such as atlas, trailblazer, etc

That's not an alternative as the progression here is not horizontal.

what you mean to say is...

Nope, that's just you making up a straw man.

Nope, that is indeed what you are saying, "casual" means you can do it at your leisure, without time restraints. Which you can. You just want it "easier" Stop trying to make excuses.

I haven’t done this yet and no time this week so dumb question here; can you do divide quests with two people? I’m assuming to solo you go in as solo mode vs full party or does it just scale?

Nope, that is indeed what you are saying, "casual" means you can do it at your leisure, without time restraints. Which you can. You just want it "easier" Stop trying to make excuses.

I'm not "trying to make excuses", you just fail to understand that people can speak up on issues they themselves are not affected by. Also stop trying to be dishonest here, we all know what type of player I was referring to when I said "casual". In fact your whole response wouldn't have made any sense if you just interpreted at as "at your leisure".

@Milk said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

can you do divide quests with two people?

yes you can

I'm not "trying to make excuses", you just fail to understand that people can speak up on issues they themselves are not affected by. Also stop trying to be dishonest here, we all know what type of player I was referring to when I said "casual". In fact your whole response wouldn't have made any sense if you just interpreted at as "at your leisure".

Oh, it looks like you just worded it badly then. i didn't fail to understand it, you just failed to make sense. My point was divide quests aren't locked, the only thing preventing people from beating them is personal skill. so "casual friendly' didn't work there. as it already is. even if you play like 3 hours a day, you can still beat it.

Moving on.