Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?

No one pugs it at all. Neat. Guess I'll join the lobby players from now on, I might have more fun that way!

I'm close to 50m Divide Points, but yes i barely see anyone. They must be grouping up for the most part.

This is not a pug friendly content. I know a lot of of people doing it, but only in premade groups or solo.

It's not dead, it's just "private" because it requires more skills/gear than the rest of the game

Of course no one is PuGing it, this is not casual friendly content and no one is willing to carry a bunch of players who ultimately just end up wasting your lifes / time for no tangible benefit in return.

Guess I won't ever see any benefit from it, then. There goes all that content right out the window.

Maybe you could find a group on here to try it with you!

Pre-mades or soloing/locking rooms to prevent being dragged down by randoms. Since divide quest is sort of scaled to the number of players each step, having an extra body lowers the attack bonus of the group.

@Furious said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

Guess I won't ever see any benefit from it, then. There goes all that content right out the window.

It's not only "that" content. The issue here is that the final tier of Zigs EP6 gear exchanges are heavily based on the items you get from divide. This is not like EP5 where you could just farm Persona and get all essentials for the exchanges there. With the final EP6 gear it's either you play divide or have fun fighting the RNG.

The "problem" is it scales for less than a full group. I can solo it, thus I see no reason to possibly frustrate myself with randoms unless I wanted to spice things up a bit. Other players who can solo it probably also realize this or are just playing in their own group.

@Vashzaron said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

I can solo it, thus I see no reason to possibly frustrate myself with randoms unless I wanted to spice things up a bit.

Same.

A big reason random groups are avoided is that having someone lacking in damage or someone that doesn't understand stages can be directly harmful to a run. Far more than in UQs.

I will note however, that people are not against forming groups outside of pugs. If you seek a group for Divide, try asking around. Although I heavily recommend doing at least up through stage 15 solo to get the hang of the mission types and ensure you handle things properly. Trust me, it will be very easy to tell if someone got to stage 21+ by getting carried.

I either solo Divide Quests or do them with friends/alliance.

This is why I have requested the expert matching. That said, even if there is expert matching, but is or is doubtful that enough to the difficulty of the divide quest.

People join and leave you hanging, don't really trust randoms. Divides aren't dead, they are simply like others said, pre-made or solo.

@QWERT said in Divide Quests - Dead on Arrival?:

This is why I have requested the expert matching.

I doubt that would change much here as like I already said in the other thread the performance of the players in PuGs is all over the place. At least for most quest types having more players is generally better than soloing it even if you're doing 50% of the overall DPS of the MPA. In divide however if you're in there with 3 other players and are doing 50% of the DPS then soloing it would (for the most part) still be considerably faster than PuGing it.

I’m either doing it solo, or running with the alliance or people I know. Though the few times I’ve forgotten the pass, the room has filled up before I’ve even finished loading into the mission, so they’re are def pug groups going, on ship 1 anyway