reworking Targeting/lock-on

Hi, like the title says, it would be nice if the targeting system get a rework if possible xD i know it wont happen in the aktual game but it would be nice :3 Atm its just a mess : / u got everything locked-on to except the point u rly want. For example we have 3 points to lock-on to... left, middle (weapoint), right and u want the middle one but it switches back and forth between left and right lock-on point.

@Dáinsleif This has been asked for numerous times, and if we are lucky enough, that's already planned to be changed when NGS launches, and the graphics get their overhaul.

Yeah this is definitely an issue that I hope NGS is addressing!

i asked on cbt streams and if im right they said it would be the same atm but im not rly sure about it. Hope it will be changed :3

Yeah from what I've seen it's been the same looking in terms of lock on controls, but I hope there is an option to lock onto whatever is closest to middle of your screen in the future. Just more options that can be changed in the settings menu or something.

Hasn't the targeting and lock-on been terrible in all PS games? Because the japanese game developers really like recycling things like this.

@Strange said in reworking Targeting/lock-on:

I hope there is an option to lock onto whatever is closest to middle of your screen in the future. Just more options that can be changed in the settings menu or something.

I actually found this option during the CBT. You can have the option to have the targeting be based on where your character is facing (default), or where your camera is facing.

@Yggranya said in reworking Targeting/lock-on:

Hasn't the targeting and lock-on been terrible in all PS games? Because the japanese game developers really like recycling things like this.

If the lock on and other systems were recycled from PSO and PSU, they would be waaaaay worse.

The real question is if they improved the logic or if im going to have to tab through every trash mob relatively in my LoS to target a boss (and if a part breaking still breaks your lockon)

@_Flux_ Ah, the good ol' "think this is bad? You should see the other/older game!". It won't change the fact that it SUUUUUUCKS. I admit that i don't really remeber anything from any older games, but it obviously hasn't improved much, and if it has, then holy sh*t!

@Yggranya I'm just pointing that out, not excusing what the current system is.

PSO and PSU were slower paced games and didn't have many multi-target enemies, so it was less of a big deal then, but the lock-on systems were really clunky and really limited. And when locked on in PSU IIRC you were stuck in strafe mode around that enemy, Ocarina of Time style.

Improving the lock-on system is IMO only one part of the remedy to the overall problem of targeting in PSO2. They need to severely reduce the number of targetable parts on enemies-- case in point Luminmechs-- as well as improve overall camera interaction with a locked on target, and add leniency to mechanics that necessitate hitting specific parts of enemies to work. My understanding is at least NGS is doing the last part with Gunner (losing your mark no longer starts the CD).

@_Flux_ said in reworking Targeting/lock-on:

@Yggranya I'm just pointing that out, not excusing what the current system is.

Really? Well that's a first. Some people always say that and then pretend to reminisce about how it was fun or something. In reality, they most likely just want other people to suffer as they have suffered, which is weird since improving the game would be good for everyone. Cue: Monster hunter fans, the worst of the lot.