I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.

@Yui2387 said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

How on earth would you consider pso2's char creator to be good? Have your ever played games like BDO? Did you see the graphics compared to the low poly mess that is pso2? Just take a look at your character in the salon and then go to the lobby - it's a night and day difference played on WQHD. Everything is fricking flimmering because the TAA implentation is terrible and I have already seen similar issues in NG streams. Also the bad lod distance in NG is going to be immersion breaking. At least SC6/Code Vein etc. came with tons of options for your characters for basically free, besides offering a decent playing experience. In pso2 you will always look like a nobody without any expensive cosmetics and you will never be able to cosplay a character for free. I also think the combat in pso2 is very overrated. While it is fast paced and certainly fun, the enemy and especially the boss design is mediocre at best. I just came back from the recent WoW addon and trying bosses in the latest raid on higher difficulties with a bunch of friends feels certainly more rewarding than pso2 meaningless UQ bosses. The perfect example how better boss/game design can compensate for slower combat.

BDO is a horrible example. You’re stuck editing an existing character of BDO, have you tried making Tamer an adult? Tried making Lahn a difference race? Tried making Dark Knight petite and flat chested? You can’t. You can’t make anything you want, you can’t even have the hair you want even with editing. Long hair options are an absolute joke, you can’t even edit most of the hair that long. The face slider is great for lips, jaw and cheekbones, not for noses. The body sliders give some good options like hand size but certain classes you can’t do anything. I love playing as Tamer, I like the gameplay and the more modest outfits but I can’t even use a breast slider to age her up, I can just make a tall Tamer with chubby childlike proportions. You’re telling me this is superior when I can’t even do that? The combat is superior, I absolutely disagree about the character creator. Graphics don’t make a character maker great, selection does. I don’t care how good something looks if it’s not even something I wanted.

SC6 puts their best clothes behind DLC. The free clothes don’t have enough detail or design, they’re boring. I made an enchanted princess character but the options for skirts are that one that everyone uses. I layered it with accessories, tattoos and custom paint so it looked different. I should have more than that one option for a puffy skirt. I can’t even wear the cuter shoes with stockings because that’s not compatible. I can’t wear wings, belts, gauntlets or capes with half the outfits I want to wear. I can’t even wear certain shirts with certain pants because the game won’t let me. Has PSO2 ever given you an error about clothing incompatibility? With accessories? No. The game is also usually $60 and you have to buy the cosmetic DLC packages on top of that if you want it all.

Code Vein is one of my favorite games, as is the God Eater series. The cosmetics are completely free but there isn’t enough variety in anything. You can’t even match hair strand accessories to your hair color. The game also isn’t free.

You don’t have to walk around like a nobody in PSO2, you can do the bare minimum weeklies and have enough for a costume or two in a single week, if you did your dailies even faster. You can get outfits for 1m even now! You can get any cosmetics completely free if you save up, on a game also completely free.

@Yggranya said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@fabioffxi The real question is: If they play a game for entertainment, why are they against actually playing? Why do they join a mission and just stand there spamming while they (i assume) watch netflix or TV or whatever it is they do instead of playing the game? I tried asking in other games why, but i just got either no response or some inane BS, so i stopped asking.

Probably because they enjoy playing to that extent, even if it is minimal. Which is not fair to those that do commit like yourself. This is why I do agree with expert matching, or some sort of match. Yet then I wonder, if they were all spamming million storm, they must have been DPS'ing something targetable no? I will say I know nothing about that PA or what class it belongs to. I think it's fine to have fun, but also if they are memeing to an extent, that's where it actually is disrespectful to players that are taking it more seriously in a MPA.

@Yui2387 said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

How on earth would you consider pso2's char creator to be good? Have your ever played games like BDO?

No. Seems pretty good to me. Simple as that.

I think that the newer generations have forgotten that when you play an online game, you are actually sharing in and affecting the experience of other players, and that you are potentially wasting their time, which is as valuable, and may be scarcer, than yours.

I understand why people want to defend individuality, choice and simple, casual fun, because those are, overall, wholesome qualities, but those individual needs cannot supersede the other players and their own rights.

But nowadays, personal responsibility is seen as a tool of elitist oppression, so you get what you get.

@IfrianMMO said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

I think that the newer generations have forgotten that when you play an online game, you are actually sharing in and affecting the experience of other players, and that you are potentially wasting their time, which is as valuable, and may be scarcer, than yours.

I understand why people want to defend individuality, choice and simple, casual fun, because those are, overall, wholesome qualities, but those individual needs cannot supersede the other players and their own rights.

But nowadays, personal responsibility is seen as a tool of elitist oppression, so you get what you get.

I can agree with dragging down the experience in gameplay but the complaint OP made about people hanging out in the lobby is just stupid. People hang out and show off their clothes or talk to friends in towns or lobbies in any game and OP comes off as rude to complain about how other players enjoy the game.

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@IfrianMMO said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

I can agree with dragging down the experience in gameplay but the complaint OP made about people hanging out in the lobby is just stupid. People hang out and show off their clothes or talk to friends in towns or lobbies in any game and OP comes off as rude to complain about how other players enjoy the game.

I do agree.

I was referring to the part where they complain about leeches or people memeing in multiplayer content.

The complaint about lobby AFK is indeed beyond stupid, but everyone had already chipped in on that, so i focused on the other half.

@fabioffxi said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla I just don't like you, that's why i'm making a long post. I don't like your ways of a know it all. I did report the people AFK. Dosn't justify what they do period. Yes, as stated at the start it was a rant. And still is.

I legit told you to report people and move on with your life. How does that = me being a know it all? You must be a real banger at parties. No one has said afking in a UQ or any place you are supposed to be active is a good thing. I don't understand why you cant seem to understand the solution.

Also, I do not care if you like me or anything. You are someone on the internet I have not had enough interaction with. I'm sorry you feel that way about me.

@fabioffxi

Come on man, someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them a know it all, it means you just don’t see eye to eye.

What did JP player do when the patch iteration was once in a year instead of a month?

Get good. Have fun with the game's core combat mechanics, learn new tricks, optimize their playstyles, seek to squeeze out extra seconds/minutes speedrunning various quests and bosses instead of standing back and spamming Million Storm/Rising Slash. Not because they had to, not because they were pressured by other people, not because it gave you more loot, not because of any extrinsic validation but because it's intrinsically fun. Gear grind was not the goal, but only an excuse. Even when you were done with your perfect setup, you'd still play, because all it'd mean is that you get even more opportunities for new strategies. Same applies to every balance patch. Every new piece of content would be an experience that stays fresh for a long while, because players have had a feel for it to stay fresh.

I always was of the opinion that this game would be too niche for modern Western audiences because they can't commit to their entertainment. It doesn't help that EP5-6 player balance is at its most casual with lots of low-skill crutches (multiple-second long block and iframes, animation cancelling into overpowered counters etc), inflated PP pools and way, way stronger normal attacks, so it's easier than ever to play on autopilot and then complain that there's nothing to do

@uB said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

What did JP player do when the patch iteration was once in a year instead of a month?

Get good. Have fun with the game's core combat mechanics, learn new tricks, optimize their playstyles, seek to squeeze out extra seconds/minutes speedrunning various quests and bosses instead of standing back and spamming Million Storm/Rising Slash. Not because they had to, not because they were pressured by other people, not because it gave you more loot, not because of any extrinsic validation but because it's intrinsically fun. Gear grind was not the goal, but only an excuse. Even when you were done with your perfect setup, you'd still play, because all it'd mean is that you get even more opportunities for new strategies. Same applies to every balance patch. Every new piece of content would be an experience that stays fresh for a long while, because players have had a feel for it to stay fresh.

I always was of the opinion that this game would be too niche for modern Western audiences because they can't commit to their entertainment. It doesn't help that EP5-6 player balance is at its most casual with lots of low-skill crutches (multiple-second long block and iframes, animation cancelling into overpowered counters etc), inflated PP pools and way, way stronger normal attacks, so it's easier than ever to play on autopilot and then complain that there's nothing to do

Ah the old jp servers number one. Get good.

must be a sin on global server to seek self improvement

People can do whatever they like, but I've personally never understood the mindset of doing nothing on PSO2 because "NGS is coming". "Don't bother investing in X because NGS is coming", "Y will be outclassed because NGS is coming", "Z will become useless because NGS is coming". At this point, why bother logging onto PSO2 at all? Just actually wait for NGS to come out and play that, and use your time on something more enjoyable.

Because really, this is just how MMOs work in general. Once NGS does drop, why hunt for 4★ gear beacuse it'll be outclassed, there will be better things, everything will become "junk" and "useless".

I'm playing PSO2 because it's a game that's here and it's a game that's fun, and even once NGS is out, it's not like it's going away. People still play PSO1 and PSU (among other PS games) still, because the games can be played infinitely once there is nothing new to come out, as you can focus on the big grinds and incremental increases, and I expect PSO2 to be no different.

I'll still enjoy Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Zero, Phantasy Star Online 2, Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Portable, and Phantasy Star Portable 2 while Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is out. Tons of endgame content for me to do across all games on my free time. It depends on the person regardless.

I played PSO2 pretty hard core back during episode 3-4. I dropped out during the hell scape that was the buster quest grind and now I'm soloing divide quests.

I'm going to be honest, this game is dated. It sucks. I enjoy the story, lore, and combat system, but the actual gameplay mechanics are really bad. The Buster Quest grind in Episode 5 showed me that much, and that's only exacerbated by the fact that no one plays my preferred style of content (12-man Risk Adventures) which meant that content was unplayable.

I'm mostly only biding my time and collecting cosmetic items for use in NGS due to those reasons. NGS looks extremely promising, which gives me drive to collect things in PSO2 until it releases, but that's all PSO2 is for me now. A way to farm for NGS-usable cosmetic items like CAST heads.

Man the high horses are abundant here. Surprised a GM hasn't locked this thread with all the personal attacks, and childish tantrums. Not even worth replying to the couple of people that replied to me. Heavens forbid someone doesn't play the "right" way. I've had zero issues with players in quests not knowing how to play, and only an occasional leecher, which I report.

QQ all you want about other players, and tell said players to play something else, because they aren't playing the way you want them to, or take your own advice, and play something else, but either way, you are the annoying toxic part of this community, that can't offer anything constructive. Seriously grow the hell up.