I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.

NGS coming soon is a valid reason for some of that. Leeching is wrong no matter what excuse you have but a lot of people are looking forward to the newer playstyle of NGS, they don’t want to invest in gear for a class they don’t plan on playing very soon. We got free gear that is good enough for UQs at least, who cares if they affix or not? The UQs lately have been easy like fighting the giant ship, even on the highest difficulty it’s not hard enough to require custom affixing and the gear already came with some.

People are bored but they still have loved ones to talk to or new fashion to collect, that’s what keeps those bored players coming back to a stagnant period of a game. If they wanted to run current content then they would, they want NGS instead.

Aside from leechers, how are they hurting anyone?

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

NGS coming soon is a valid reason for some of that. Leeching is wrong no matter what excuse you have but a lot of people are looking forward to the newer playstyle of NGS, they don’t want to invest in gear for a class they don’t plan on playing very soon. We got free gear that is good enough for UQs at least, who cares if they affix or not? The UQs lately have been easy like fighting the giant ship, even on the highest difficulty it’s not hard enough to require custom affixing and the gear already came with some.

People are bored but they still have loved ones to talk to or new fashion to collect, that’s what keeps those bored players coming back to a stagnant period of a game. If they wanted to run current content then they would, they want NGS instead.

Aside from leechers, how are they hurting anyone?

Stop condoning afking.

Seriously, this is what I want to say but it has already been posted. Thank you.

@fabioffxi EDIT: If you feel that PSO2 has a lot of meaningful content still you must be new to the game with people who are willing to run older content with you or you are a liar.

@VanillaLucia I couldn't care less if the quest is more rewarding when playing solo. If this games failes to animate people to group up for quests, it has failed as an mmo. If I wanna play solo I would certainly something else that has either better gameplay, story or whatever, because overall pso2 is just a very mediocre game so it is not that hard to find something better. Also, I never had any issues getting overall s-rank in a 2 or 3 man group, even on layer 26-30. If you claim that you never have issues finding players then you are either lying or you aint from EU. My 2 guilds are completely dead, so is my friendslist. Also, take away the cosmetics from this game (that are still inferior to games like soul calibur 6 btw), and nobody would have any reason to play it. Additionally, as an EU player with 15 years of mmo experience, I have yet to find the amount of degeneracy that is present in pso2. I don't know if this is due to americans (my first US server) or pso2 being a "weeb" game in general.

I don't dislike people for simply waiting for NGS, but I do prefer PSO2 over NGS. I have waited 8 years for PSO2, not NGS. This is why I am focusing on the base game, and will continue to focus on it. I think it's fine if others want to move one. It's just a sign of the times.

@Yui2387 said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

Also, take away the cosmetics from this game (that are still inferior to games like soul calibur 6 btw)

I love that game too but there’s no way that game has better cosmetics than pso2, there isn’t even enough cosmetics to make everything you want and the layering is awful, you can’t even wear belts or capes with some pants or skirts. The players that come up with showstoppers like Shrek or Bowsette really had to work for it. I spent thirteen hours on one of my characters just fighting with the clipping issue and manipulating the accessories to cover up the gaps. You can manipulate the accessories here as well to do the same thing and the game doesn’t forbid you from layering belts or capes. The hair options are limited and flat out suck. I’ve had to stick to two hairstyles for my twelve characters, shoes don’t have enough variety and make feet look gigantic in some of them and I own all the DLC, it’s bad.

The combat is amazing and I truly enjoy the game but other than wacky skintones like green or blue it’s a pretty standard character creator, it’s innovative for a fighting game but that’s it and pso2 does all of that even better.

How on earth would you consider pso2's char creator to be good? Have your ever played games like BDO? Did you see the graphics compared to the low poly mess that is pso2? Just take a look at your character in the salon and then go to the lobby - it's a night and day difference played on WQHD. Everything is fricking flimmering because the TAA implentation is terrible and I have already seen similar issues in NG streams. Also the bad lod distance in NG is going to be immersion breaking. At least SC6/Code Vein etc. came with tons of options for your characters for basically free, besides offering a decent playing experience. In pso2 you will always look like a nobody without any expensive cosmetics and you will never be able to cosplay a character for free. I also think the combat in pso2 is very overrated. While it is fast paced and certainly fun, the enemy and especially the boss design is mediocre at best. I just came back from the recent WoW addon and trying bosses in the latest raid on higher difficulties with a bunch of friends feels certainly more rewarding than pso2 meaningless UQ bosses. The perfect example how better boss/game design can compensate for slower combat.

@Yui2387 said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

How on earth would you consider pso2's char creator to be good? Have your ever played games like BDO? Did you see the graphics compared to the low poly mess that is pso2? Just take a look at your character in the salon and then go to the lobby - it's a night and day difference played on WQHD. Everything is fricking flimmering because the TAA implentation is terrible and I have already seen similar issues in NG streams. Also the bad lod distance in NG is going to be immersion breaking. At least SC6/Code Vein etc. came with tons of options for your characters for basically free, besides offering a decent playing experience. In pso2 you will always look like a nobody without any expensive cosmetics and you will never be able to cosplay a character for free. I also think the combat in pso2 is very overrated. While it is fast paced and certainly fun, the enemy and especially the boss design is mediocre at best. I just came back from the recent WoW addon and trying bosses in the latest raid on higher difficulties with a bunch of friends feels certainly more rewarding than pso2 meaningless UQ bosses. The perfect example how better boss/game design can compensate for slower combat.

I would not compare PSO2 combat to WoW Combat...

PSO2 is a free to play game. In a sense you can get just about every outfit/outer/base/inner if you grind enough

SC6/Code Vein are games you have to pay to buy the game so you are paying for the outfits and customization.

Most of my alliance has basic stuff. However they all have distinct outfits that I know who they are when I see them. So they arent really nobodies because of their outfits.

Ashe.png

I wish I wasnt a nobody

EDIT: I realize you said poor people not that everyone looks like a nobody. However. I'm going to keep my photo up because I feel so pretty. xD

@Ashe-Kinsilla The game got meaningful content if you play for the reason you should: have fun. It dosn't matter how many time i cleared a UQ (at least up to the end of EP5, 'cause EP6 is new for me), a Ultimate quest, a Time Attack, a Solo fight. I do think is meaningful and worth experience it no matter how many times i do clear them. The PSO Series, at least since it's online inception as always been like this, you grind over and over the same quest, you paly different classes, different weapons, try to master them, and when you get tired you can decide to move away, or, do as i do, and start over, new character, fresh experience. If you feel that this game dosn't have meaningful content you are playing for all the wrong reasons. As my name states i am a FFXI player since 2006, yes, i took a few breaks here and there, but, still, to this day, even with the game in maintenace mode, and some content having lost usefulness in terms of gamee progression me and my buddies (who are the same that play PSO2 with me, including my wife tbh) still play, just 'cause it's fun if you use it for what is meant to be: a time sink, a mean of getting together, hang out on Discord and chat for about an hour, or , just afk and chat in lobby like some people do. But, since you keep twisting what i say and focsuing "on the people that AFK in lobby" i feel that i need to explain myself better. If you don't want to have fun, if you don't want to experience the content or have no drive for it, being it Fashion, a quest or just chilling and chatting, you should not play. Using NGS as an excuse dosn't make you right. Being it leeching or whatever, if you lost intrest in PSO2 or lack intrest, you should not expect others to be ok with it. If you move from being afk, and decide to join a AQ, an Ultimate, an Emergency Quest, run a time attack ect with other people, you need to be willing to put the effort in, or, don't do it. Run solo stuff, do wtf you want, but don't ecpect people to be ok, with you not having intrest in this game, if you just wanna play NGS is ok, but, if you choose to takee action and do content in PSO2, being it meaningful for you or not, no matter how much the game is old, you need to put in some effort, not on gear or grind, you can play how you want. But you don't afk in Quests expecting others to be ok with it. Now, about people afking in lobby, if they feel it entertaining, and have nothing better to do with their time, fine by me, i'm nobody to judge. But, trust me, you are the one at fault, if you think this game content is not meaningful and you keep playing it, 'cause you lost the drive for it, and honestly, you should not play at all. Hope i explained myself better.

"PSO2 is a free to play game" I am sure having a lot of fun without premium, extra skill trees and mags, inventory & bank space on a dying server ($$$ for ship transfer) sacrcasm off. I just love this f2p garbage reasoning, where everything is excused because the game is technically free. Guess what, nobody would play it if it costs 50 dollar and had a mandatory subscription because it doesn't offer anything to justify that. Why do people even call this a grindy game, when there is nothing to grind for? I get weapons and units for free. The affix process is optional and even if I wanna affix my weapons, most of the stuff is being bought on the market place. So what excactly is there to grind for? What did JP player do when the patch iteration was once in a year instead of a month? I am just so confused why people hype this game and whiteknight it to no end when it is clearly just PR for NG on the new xbox and a quick cash grab for MS. Sega never cared to release the game in the west because they knew their product was mediocre and did not offer anything that wasn't already there. I really wanna grind in this game but what exactly should I do that has any kind of meaning and rewards involved? Btw, can someone tell me, why there is going to be expert matchmaking, when this is clearly the most casual mmo ever and they have a rather hostile stance against dps meters? Why split the community in two for no gain at all?

@fabioffxi said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla The game got meaningful content if you play for the reason you should: have fun. It dosn't matter how many time i cleared a UQ (at least up to the end of EP5, 'cause EP6 is new for me), a Ultimate quest, a Time Attack, a Solo fight. I do think is meaningful and worth experience it no matter how many times i do clear them. The PSO Series, at least since it's online inception as always been like this, you grind over and over the same quest, you paly different classes, different weapons, try to master them, and when you get tired you can decide to move away, or, do as i do, and start over, new character, fresh experience. If you feel that this game dosn't have meaningful content you are playing for all the wrong reasons. As my name states i am a FFXI player since 2006, yes, i took a few breaks here and there, but, still, to this day, even with the game in maintenace mode, and some content having lost usefulness in terms of gamee progression me and my buddies (who are the same that play PSO2 with me, including my wife tbh) still play, just 'cause it's fun if you use it for what is meant to be: a time sink, a mean of getting together, hang out on Discord and chat for about an hour, or , just afk and chat in lobby like some people do. But, since you keep twisting what i say and focsuing "on the people that AFK in lobby" i feel that i need to explain myself better. If you don't want to have fun, if you don't want to experience the content or have no drive for it, being it Fashion, a quest or just chilling and chatting, you should not play. Using NGS as an excuse dosn't make you right. Being it leeching or whatever, if you lost intrest in PSO2 or lack intrest, you should not expect others to be ok with it. If you move from being afk, and decide to join a AQ, an Ultimate, an Emergency Quest, run a time attack ect with other people, you need to be willing to put the effort in, or, don't do it. Run solo stuff, do wtf you want, but don't ecpect people to be ok, with you not having intrest in this game, if you just wanna play NGS is ok, but, if you choose to takee action and do content in PSO2, being it meaningful for you or not, no matter how much the game is old, you need to put in some effort, not on gear or grind, you can play how you want. But you don't afk in Quests expecting others to be ok with it. Now, about people afking in lobby, if they feel it entertaining, and have nothing better to do with their time, fine by me, i'm nobody to judge. But, trust me, you are the one at fault, if you think this game content is not meaningful and you keep playing it, 'cause you lost the drive for it, and honestly, you should not play at all. Hope i explained myself better.

If you feel that they are breaking the rules such as AFKing in spots the arent supposed to and causes a struggle for anyone else, please report them and move on. I don't understand what else you are talking about. I told you already what to do with this problem and you insist i'm focusing on people afk in the lobby. I honestly believe all you want to do is complain and have people come and support you complaining. I also told you weve always had a problem with people afking UQs which is why reporting people who are afk in spots that hurt other peoples game experience is what you should do. I think I suggested that in the first post I made here. You legit are making a long post because you think "i'm talking about people in lobbies" when the whole time its been about reporting people in maps and UQs. Holy moly.

I've said it 3 times in this post. I hope you'll understand.

@Ashe-Kinsilla I just don't like you, that's why i'm making a long post. I don't like your ways of a know it all. I did report the people AFK. Dosn't justify what they do period. Yes, as stated at the start it was a rant. And still is.

@Anarchy-Marine said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

If we are talking about AFK players in UQ instances, that's different. Report those players, and move on.

What about people who don't AFK, but insted spam a single PA or just normal attack while getting hit and instantly killed by every attack since they don't even bother trying to dodge? They aren't technically AFK, but they aren't helping much either.

Like just today i did the photoner fleet UQ when in the final boss (not the AIS boss) I broke the two part from one side basically alone, and went for the other side, when i noticed that all other parts were still up. So i destroy one, and it took almost as much time as on the other side, meaning nobody had really attacked them. So i stop and look around. They are all spamming million storm, steady shot or the like and almost every time the boss does an AoE attack, they die. Didn't really have time to look at their equipment, and i just wanted to leave when it was over. In the middle part with the breakable wall (which has been broke only ONCE with enough time to escape the explosion when i have played it) with the super exlosion, which i dodge, everyone except one other player gets one-shotted. I stopped attacking just to see how long it would take, and it took around 15 minutes. I'm not in a hurry or anything, but doing all the work solo for 11 lazy morons is pretty ridiculous. It was really sad, although not surprising. Good thing they all had their pockets full of moon atomizers. Probably should stop doing UQs entirely.

@Yui2387 What we did in beetween patches on JP was farming for the same Affix and weapon you guys got for free. A lot of the stuff had abysmal drop rates, so, people did run the same content over and over. Some did grind to perfect their skill with a Class they liked, or with all of them, others just to make meseta to buy fashion, others, just to have fun with their friend. SEGA is at fault for bringing the game in the west only now, and announcing they are moving away from it, but, NGS is an expasion of PSO2, is still the SAME game, the core of the product dosn't change. Is it also true that PSO2 in EP4/5 lost it's identity and it's still stuggling to define what it is, that makes it worth. But in EP1/2/3 was the story, was the combat, it was the Fashion driving players, and mostly it was the Sci-Fi. PSO2 is a F2P game, but, if it was a 10$ subscription, i would pay for it. Actually, in sense i do, since i buy Premium. Did in JP, and i'm doing it here now.

In any case, with NGS, you and others will experience the same we did back in JP, where, grinding was worth, 'cause anything you would grind for, would be current for months. Now, more then ever tough, this is true for PSO2 Global, now that we are close to parity and have almost ALL the content avaiable there's a lot to do. You can focus on Time Attacks, and try to get the perfect time on them, you can fous on Solo everything and anything and make your own custom challenge, or you can just play with people, do UQ and play trough the story and then move away, or restart, and do it again. In the process of doing this things, you will gather augments, weapon and stuff. What we used to do was experiment, there was no resource, there was no guide, and everyone would just try things out and try to determine what would work and what would not. Patch would come and at times, completely change how classes and build would work. The magic is not here anymore, due t people have access to everything and anything, everything as allrdy tested and mostly discovered, but, that dosn't prevent you to do stuff just for the sake of having fun. You don't need somenthing meaningful to do stuff, or, you can just find somenthing that's meaningful to you. We now have the full Crafting system avaiable, you know, that Weapon and Unit extension, make each and every Weapon or Unit Series viable to some exent, of course some are better then others, but, if for a second you start to focus less on what's optimal, what's best, what's great, what's not, you start to have fun. In any case if you just wanna farm hat there is to farm that is CURRENT and defined META, there's: Divide Quest (drop some of the best and most useful S Grade augments, got Titles tied to progressing trough them and offers important weekly reward that are esentially time gated ) Time Attack/Abduction (only way to obtain Veteran Resolve/Returner), Risk Expeditions and Armada Ultimate (Crack comes from those as well Weapon adn Unit that offer valuable SAF) and Endless Quests (for the sake of getting the best score or just to get augments/SSA that only come from it). Extreme Quest (to farm Meseta/Ring Materials) and Solo UQ (EXCube, SSA or particular drops). I mean, yeah you can buy all of this, or you can just farm and enjoy your time with the game, and make Meseta for Fashion while doing it. So being it grind for fashion, grind to hone your skills or grind for whatever reason you want, there's stuff to do. Is just that you can't see it, or don't enjoy it. In that case, you should not play. maybe wait for NGS and play that, fresh, would be best for you. Again, is SEGA fault for breaking the magic of the game in the West by releasing at this fast pace, not yours, but i do agree, is easy to see it as a mediocre product.

@Yggranya I do agree with you, and still comes to the commitment i was talking all about. If you decide to do stuff, try to do it good, otherwise, don't do it in PUGS. People always tell "if you don't like this, don't do it with PUGS but do it with you Team/Friends" and is there that i feel they are wrong. It should be the opposite IF you don't wanna commit and put a lil bit of effort, at least attention wise , in it, YOU should run with your friends instead, and not run PUGS. 'cause usually friends/teams are more understanding. In any case, is what my post was about, said people either by no commitment/effort or just by Leeching/afking, when called out, use "NGS is coming" as the ultimate excuse. And is fucking annoying

@fabioffxi The real question is: If they play a game for entertainment, why are they against actually playing? Why do they join a mission and just stand there spamming while they (i assume) watch netflix or TV or whatever it is they do instead of playing the game? I tried asking in other games why, but i just got either no response or some inane BS, so i stopped asking.

Let me tell you, this is not a PSO2 only thing. The "Waiting for NGS" is a lie as they do it regardless of there being something new coming or not. Just riding on the back(s) of other people to get rewards and/or EXP. Seems to me that many people are actually bored/tired of the MMO they are "playing", but they still "play" for who knows why. Or maybe they are just lazy and do it since there will be no comeuppance no matter what.