I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.

@GM-Deynger said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@MasterDarkwingz said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

If there were NGS Pre-Release Exchange Ticket items we could get from Xia for clearing Urgent and Buster Quests, the population activity would skyrocket. Sure there'd be the rehashed newbie set items, but getting anything for free from merely being active is a bonus at this point.

Hi all! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. So, besides the above idea, does anyone else have suggestions for what they think would encourage those "waiting for NGS" to take part in regular content again?

Have more events with cosmetics one time rewards. How about some anime events that Japan got in the past? Make them give anime style cosmetics that you can only get once. That will surely bring people back.

@Zeke said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

Have more events with cosmetics one time rewards. How about some anime events that Japan got in the past? Make them give anime style cosmetics that you can only get once. That will surely bring people back.

This is the wrong way to go about it, imo. Creating yet more limited-time things when practically EVERYTHING in this game is limited-time already is not going to bring back the people who got burnt out from constant FOMO. Give people the ability to earn what they missed out on, and don't hold them to a timer to get it done. Especially when those limited time things are stuff like Rivalate keys, etc... Stuff that you NEED to perform your best? The fact that they're so limited in quantity, and locked behind limited time events is bullshit. People shouldn't be punished for going on hiatus like that- it only discourages them from sticking around if they do revisit the game.

It costs a whole 4 mil to affix 200 atk (specific not general atk) units and people wont do that either, i had armada run this morning take f***ing 32 minutes, like damn man lol

They were mostly using the free units and weapons with no affix difference...

shame on Sega for awful affix system, Shame on sega for giving out bad free units knowing full well NA does not affix, and SHAME ON SEGA FOR DPS RACE EVENTS, NO ONE LIKES THEM EXCEPT AUTISTIC MINMAXERS WHO LIVE GAMES

I just want to be able to succeed PUGs without kicking everyone or giving up and leaving, i guess thats too much to ask from an asian game where the iq is 20 points higher than America lol

@Tarina said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Zeke said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

This is the wrong way to go about it, imo. Creating yet more limited-time things when practically EVERYTHING in this game is limited-time already is not going to bring back the people who got burnt out from constant FOMO. Give people the ability to earn what they missed out on, and don't hold them to a timer to get it done. Especially when those limited time things are stuff like Rivalate keys, etc... Stuff that you NEED to perform your best? The fact that they're so limited in quantity, and locked behind limited time events is bullshit. People shouldn't be punished for going on hiatus like that- it only discourages them from sticking around if they do revisit the game.

I suggested this before in multiple other threads, but maybe make a Mission Badge exchange for NGS model items?

I guess you'd have to go to a new NPC in NGS to exchange Mission Badges for new NGS items, but if something like that existed in CBT, it would be all over Twitter and YouTube.

The next half of CBT will be a creation from scratch test, so SEGA probably didn't plan much farther ahead than two NGS AC Scratches.

(Even though they already put out disclaimers of verything still being in development, and that they have plans for further development.)

@Ren6617 This isn't a game catered specifically to min/maxers, it's an anime style action game. IQ level has nothing to do with playstyle.

Some people have more free time to play PSO2 than others, so maybe a mediocre build is fine for them mechanics wise.

I mean the game is dying theres no other way around it. Why would people want to invest all their efforts grinding for a game thats going to die soon? Might as well just log in and socialize so when NGS comes out, you have a good group of friends to experience it with

@fkingnametaken said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

I mean the game is dying theres no other way around it.

By content addition sure. By player count we're still doing better than November. Episode 6 added around 700 average concurrent players in early December and coming up 3 months later some of that gain still remains.

@fkingnametaken said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

I mean the game is dying theres no other way around it. Why would people want to invest all their efforts grinding for a game thats going to die soon? Might as well just log in and socialize so when NGS comes out, you have a good group of friends to experience it with

You do know the rest of us still playing are doing so because if what's being transfered over right? We're going to be very ahead of everyone in gearing. Not to mention every cosmetic for those who enjoy that part of the game.

I assure you that alone is keeping the game from "dying" as you put it. Is the player count lower than it was since release? Of course, but that's on par with how MMO launches go. The revenue this game is making shows it isn't dying.

Poor misinformed people 😞 makes me sad that they console themselves by believing their own lies. This is why this MMO is being complacent because they believe no matter how bad the state of the game is right now, there will be fanboys willing to kneel down infront of them while they unzip their pants.

I played back during release, multiple blocks are always full.

Returned january 2021, block 22 and block7 are always on overflow.

Played the game til now. No blocks are on overflow.

Doing UQ, its always the same people I see.

Only 1 trigger party going on and sometimes it takes time to fill it up.

Many are afks because theres really no point in playing the game but they just log in to socialize.

This game is literally bleeding players and its sad that some lesser intelligent humans cant comprehend whats going on and still think its doing fine. Lol.

The main reason sega brought pso2 in GLOBAL isnt because they think pso2 global is going to give them revenue. Its all because to advertise NGS. Thats about it. And with the current content drought + NGS is so close, many players just gave up playing content and decided to just wait.

Poor misinformed people 😞 makes me sad that they console themselves by believing their own lies. This is why this MMO is being complacent because they believe no matter how bad the state of the game is right now, there will be fanboys willing to kneel down infront of them while they unzip their pants.

I played back during release, multiple blocks are always full.

Returned january 2021, block 22 and block7 are always on overflow.

Played the game til now. No blocks are on overflow.

Doing UQ, its always the same people I see.

Only 1 trigger party going on and sometimes it takes time to fill it up.

Many are afks because theres really no point in playing the game but they just log in to socialize.

This game is literally bleeding players and its sad that some lesser intelligent humans cant comprehend whats going on and still think its doing fine. Lol.

The main reason sega brought pso2 in GLOBAL isnt because they think pso2 global is going to give them revenue. Its all because to advertise NGS. Thats about it. And with the current content drought + NGS is so close, many players just gave up playing content and decided to just wait.

And good job on making yourself seem like an idiot. This is a great way to be ignored over something that isn't even remotely true. Not to mention the insults.

Like really dude? You're that insecure about yourself?

The real misinformed players are the ones that take a typical MMO stagnation for the game dying. Any time there is a major content release on the horizon then players take a break and play other games. Back when I was waiting for Shadowbringers in FFXIV, I was juggling eight other games! No game is special enough to get 100% fan loyalty, why run old content when other games have new content to do?

Seeing less players doesn’t mean players are packing it up and leaving for good, it means they’re just bored.

FYI I saw multiple sprouts yesterday, they were experiencing a Quna concert for the first time and in awe. This game is still attracting new players.

I’ve hung on to dying games before. The economy dries up long before the players are all gone. If you’re that worried about it then keep an eye on that I guess.

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

The real misinformed players are the ones that take a typical MMO stagnation for the game dying. Any time there is a major content release on the horizon then players take a break and play other games. Back when I was waiting for Shadowbringers in FFXIV, I was juggling eight other games! No game is special enough to get 100% fan loyalty, why run old content when other games have new content to do?

Seeing less players doesn’t mean players are packing it up and leaving for good, it means they’re just bored.

FYI I saw multiple sprouts yesterday, they were experiencing a Quna concert for the first time and in awe. This game is still attracting new players.

I’ve hung on to dying games before. The economy dries up long before the players are all gone. If you’re that worried about it then keep an eye on that I guess.

That's a good point, for instance I'm a big fan of the gameplay loop but recently I've been playing other games like Pokemon X Randomizer because of the stagnation of PSO2's content. The same thing happened to me with Warframe which is a great free to play game btw, but I've stopped playing it because like you point out I just got bored of the game. And it's also like you said, the economy will usually go out before the game actually does as I've seen the same thing happen on plenty of other games with an in game economy.

@GM-Deynger My suggestion: Implement a shop with a buttload of weapon camos (ESPECIALLY if they're the OT weapons from JP that we never got in global), accessories, even a few outfits/hairstyles... Make it something that's permanent, but also something that people can't just grind in a single day. Perhaps a weekly cap of some sort?

...But this needs to be either badges or Meseta, here. SG shouldn't even be considered an option- we already have way too many places that eat up SG, we don't need any more.

And I'll stress again that this should be a permanent shop, not a limited time one... Give people something they can work on at their own pace, on their own time. As I've stated in an earlier post... If the constant FOMO of limited-time mission passes, limited-time fresh finds, limited-time campaigns, limited-time everything else isn't enough to get people to log on, maybe it's time to try something different.

@Tarina If it's just cosmetics to grind for, there's a bunch of unique weapon camos from Risk Exploration. More experienced players can hit up Divide Quests after they update with the Earth camos. They're both pure RNG sources, but there's definitely stuff that's relatively untouched. Heck the Risk Exploration camos are going for 100 mil+ on Ship 2, and there's barely any on the market. It's a perfect entry point into UH difficulty too, but the entire mode has been dead since it launched.

@AiC-L said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Tarina If it's just cosmetics to grind for, there's a bunch of unique weapon camos from Risk Exploration. More experienced players can hit up Divide Quests after they update with the Earth camos. They're both pure RNG sources, but there's definitely stuff that's relatively untouched. Heck the Risk Exploration camos are going for 100 mil+ on Ship 2, and there's barely any on the market. It's a perfect entry point into UH difficulty too, but the entire mode has been dead since it launched.

I've had very little issue with getting groups together for Divide when I want to clear it. I'm also able to clear it solo if I can't find a group to run with. But Risk Exploration...? Everything there seems to be scaled for a 12-man party, and while cleaning out mobs solo/4man is certainly possible, it's just not feasible to farm HP sponges like that in a reasonable manner with a smaller party. Shame, really, because it's a really nice place to farm for Crack augments. Though you do bring up a point- perhaps more 4man/scaled content is in order... and better matchmaking options.

@Tarina said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@AiC-L said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

I've had very little issue with getting groups together for Divide when I want to clear it. I'm also able to clear it solo if I can't find a group to run with. But Risk Exploration...? Everything there seems to be scaled for a 12-man party, and while cleaning out mobs solo/4man is certainly possible, it's just not feasible to farm HP sponges like that in a reasonable manner with a smaller party. Shame, really, because it's a really nice place to farm for Crack augments. Though you do bring up a point- perhaps more 4man/scaled content is in order... and better matchmaking options.

It is scaled for multiple players, but you can absolutely 4-man it if everyone knows what they're doing. The biggest problem is the Luminmech events where you get lasers flying everywhere if you don't have enough people to split the aggro. If you can assign one person to each of the big mechs to interrupt the super attacks then everything goes smoothly.