I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.

@Ryoga said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

If the triboost brings out that much ugliness in people then maybe it should just not exist.

Not just that but the whole party system could use an overhaul. The triboost was just a tool to push people to party up but they apparently failed to realize that there was never really a point in doing so. They should remove the triboost and adjust the rates accordingly. If they just wanted to create a situation where people get to play together then the matchmaking system is already sufficient. Parties are there to ensure that players who want to play together stay together but there is no need to incentivise that because the incentive is already there.

But even beyond that, they should have fixed the most common issues ("What to do when the leader wants to force a new quest / reset: A: go along or B: leave the party and stay behind." and "How "leaving a party" is handled: upon leaving a party A: abandon the quest or B: do not abandon the quest") a long time ago. There is really no excuse for their inaction here.

This is a good point. I do think they should improve on that. Usually you have to hope that the party leader is playing with good etiquette and not re-trying before you have a chance to loot. I do agree that the triboost is only a bandaid.

@MasterDarkwingz said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

If there were NGS Pre-Release Exchange Ticket items we could get from Xia for clearing Urgent and Buster Quests, the population activity would skyrocket. Sure there'd be the rehashed newbie set items, but getting anything for free from merely being active is a bonus at this point.

Hi all! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. So, besides the above idea, does anyone else have suggestions for what they think would encourage those "waiting for NGS" to take part in regular content again?

@GM-Deynger said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

Hi all! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. So, besides the above idea, does anyone else have suggestions for what they think would encourage those "waiting for NGS" to take part in regular content again?

It would have to be something that directly translates to NGS, as the reason many people have checked out of PSO2 is because they feel the time investment will be worthless (of course, with live service games, all investments are pretty much worthless eventually, but I digress...).

A lot of people are focusing on just collecting fashion, as an example, since that will all transfer directly to NGS, but another thing that is doing so is Star Gems, so if you were to potentially reveal some usage of Star Gems on NGS, and then make more regular content give out Star Gems, that would be one method to get people to think about playing PSO2 ahead of NGS.

There's probably more ideas out there, but it's the principle of "PSO2 time is wasted due to NGS" that is why people are not playing.

@GM-Deynger said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@MasterDarkwingz said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

If there were NGS Pre-Release Exchange Ticket items we could get from Xia for clearing Urgent and Buster Quests, the population activity would skyrocket. Sure there'd be the rehashed newbie set items, but getting anything for free from merely being active is a bonus at this point.

You should probably translate the advertisements and promote the mesh comparisons for the NGS AC Scratch item lineup as soon as you possibly can.

It'll help with marketing, since not everyone wants the collab items.

Instead of March 10th as the release date, it'd have to be a TBD disclaimer due to the first CBT extending the release ETA with bugfixes.

Other than providing a clear roadmap for the NGS fashion lineup, there's not much you can do if players would rather F2P grind events for the NGS fashion.

@MasterDarkwingz @Matt Thank you for these ideas!

No problem!

There's also the Screenshot Studio that was announced, but I'm not certain if that got pushed back along with the NGS engine Accessory Update in Japan.

If there's a way to tease an English UI with a translated Screenshot Studio teaser, you can probably bring more attention to it.

Need to have UQ that drop very rare cosmetic items and camo! Not to difficult drop rate. Or ticket drops for Cosmetic and camo of your choice.

@Matt said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

It would have to be something that directly translates to NGS, as the reason many people have checked out of PSO2 is because they feel the time investment will be worthless (of course, with live service games, all investments are pretty much worthless eventually, but I digress...).

A lot of people are focusing on just collecting fashion, as an example, since that will all transfer directly to NGS, but another thing that is doing so is Star Gems, so if you were to potentially reveal some usage of Star Gems on NGS, and then make more regular content give out Star Gems, that would be one method to get people to think about playing PSO2 ahead of NGS.

There's probably more ideas out there, but it's the principle of "PSO2 time is wasted due to NGS" that is why people are not playing.

I think this post pretty much nails it to be honest. To add to it, it probably isn't a good idea to provide any kind of exclusive exchange ticket that would let players get new content that is otherwise inaccessible after NGS launches. That'd just alienate both new players and those who put PSO2 down with the intent to pick it up with NGS who would then feel punished for doing so.

With meseta not carrying over and equipment being nerfed, Star Gems are about the only thing that could be accumulated specifically to prepare for NGS. In fact I imagine that's what the bulk of JP players have been doing naturally since their Roots of Darkness SG scratch ended last month, the follow-up scratch was a revival and I'm hearing the next stopgap will just be a PSO2 support scratch they probably won't take much interest in with NGS on the way.

(Meanwhile on Global we have 6 of the 9 main JP SG scratches' worth of SG scratch active right now and are struggling to pay for it. And of course we've always had Fresh Finds, which JP has never had. When NGS lands we are just not going to have the same starting capital as JP players, so if it expects us to have a few thousand SG banked from several quiet months it's going to be pretty unfair on us.)

Perhaps other options include FUN scratch content that there just won't be time to include in Global? FUN scratch on JP has featured a ton of accessories and emotes we may never get due to the shorter PSO2 time. Those could be made the focus of pre-NGS campaigns since they will obviously carry over into NGS, and it would essentially be a cost-free action to relocate them from JP FUN.

I guess one question is, how well do you feel players responded to the Road to Episode 5/6 campaigns we had? If you think it was well, then a Road to New Genesis campaign that heavily promotes a volume of SG (and we're talking more than a pittance 20 per day here), emotes and accessories that will all work in NGS seems like a bit of a no-brainer. If you think players largely ignored it, then it may just be that players are committed to leaving PSO2 alone until a (hopefully open and multiplatform!) beta for NGS surfaces.

@Miraglyth Usually when event participation rewards such as a possible OBT for Global are rewarded, they cycle back into the game.

I think the last "exclusive" item was a weapon camo, and that came back as a group chat event reward.

I would presume that NGS Pre-Release exchange items/consumables would come back through either Fresh Finds, Mission Pass, or an Io Client Order/Group Chat event some time later. (Usually two months to as long as a year later.)

A Road To NGS event in March would be pretty good for building up the hype for the either April or May release in Japan.

(If March 2nd CBT bug fixes pushes release back a month.)

More SG and the SG Scratch releases would likely just be ignored as filler if we don't get the PSO character cards as an event.

(Also might be a good idea to have the NPCs give out a few Ragol Memories for the FTP users.)

Unrelated to NGS itself, but there's a number of other issues that would discourage players from returning to the game.

• Storage issues. With extra storage and material storage being rental-only, someone might return to the game, only to be unable to actually play the game due to their expired-rental-storage crisis. And then they promptly log off again, rather than pay $15 or whatever it takes to purchase the needed SG just to have storage again.

-All those campaigns/mission passes that hand out stones/keys for creating 15* weapons is nice, but if you miss them... you can only get ONE stone, and it's locked behind a massive grind of hundreds of titles. People can step back into the game, only to nope right back out because they feel gimped and have no way of getting a real upgrade in a timely manner. And honestly, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now, having just returned from a 2-month long hiatus myself. With NGS on the horizon, stuff needs to be more attainable, not less... Even just one 'freebie' key that isn't time-gated to a campaign, or a mission pass, would be a godsend.

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

If the triboost brings out that much ugliness in people then maybe it should just not exist. Players care more about their gains than treating fellow human beings with respect. I’ve said it before that these players have every right to be sad about it or leave but they don’t just do that, they berate and harass fellow players. It’s the game’s fault we’re divided, anyway.

You get kicked if the party leader is an ahole or simply forgetful, missing out on the loot you worked for. Number one reason players don’t want to join parties. Why isn’t there a failsafe like any other game? If you leave then it automatically passes lead, in this game you’re at the mercy of the party member remembering that step.

There’s no vote kick option for abusive players so you’re either stuck with someone purposely sabotaging your run or you leave and lose everything.

Is it any wonder we don’t want to play with each other? Why content is locked behind alliance runs? Who wants to spend their time meant to relax and have fun, dealing with someone yelling at you?

I sincerely hope they address this problem in NGS at least, UQs alone are so much fun but the fun is spoiled.

Holy moly! This party system sound more terrible by the minute. Well, i'm even more happy that i never used it, then.

@Tarina said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

Storage issues. With extra storage and material storage being rental-only, someone might return to the game, only to be unable to actually play the game due to their expired-rental-storage crisis. And then they promptly log off again, rather than pay $15 or whatever it takes to purchase the needed SG just to have storage again.

One would think that in game which heavily monetizes fashion they would make sure that storage space would never be a reason to "not go for more fashion". But ok, F2P games selling storage extensions is nothing new and you can buy inventory / storage extension tickets with AC. What doesn't make sense however is that they made these items untradeable. They're really shooting themselves in the foot here as they gain nothing from doing so, in fact they pretty much created a lose-lose-lose situation here: SEGA is missing out on potential revenue from people who buy AC, people who buy AC to sell stuff for Meseta lose out on the cash they would have gotten from selling them as the demand would be rather high and F2P players are going to miss out on storage space so they have to compromise whether or not they buy the newest fashion items from the market or use their storage space for materials / affix fodder.

@Miraglyth Usually when event participation rewards such as a possible OBT for Global are rewarded, they cycle back into the game.

Of PSO2 Global's own open beta rewards, only Back / Fresh Aura has been given again since during the Windows 10 and Steam launches (but curiously not the Epic Games Store one).

Including the closed and open beta rewards, PSO2 had four campaigns start during a period labelled as beta. Between them these gave 12 items of which just 3 have ever been distributed again since (1/1 units in Fresh Aura, 1/1 evolution devices in Dreamcast, 1/5 camos in Coated Edge, 0/4 accessories and 0/1 emotes).

I can't really comment on the idea of such campaign items returning - or even Mission Pass items returning because seasons 1-3 of Mission Pass have barely returned at all. They've instead focused on seasons 4 and 7 for some reason.

More SG and the SG Scratch releases would likely just be ignored as filler if we don't get the PSO character cards as an event.

Yeah we really should get in on the 20th anniversary celebration. The west was involved with PSO from the start and here at least it was advertised as a global experience. That's more of an event for fans that do stick around though, maybe?

@MasterDarkwingz It did get pushed back together with the engine update.

The engine update, screenshot studio, and the PSO 20th anniversary limited quest just got a new date for the JP version, March 3rd.

@Ezodagrom said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@MasterDarkwingz It did get pushed back together with the engine update.

The engine update, screenshot studio, and the PSO 20th anniversary limited quest just got a new date for the JP version, March 3rd.

The current global event schedule also ends on March 3rd.

What could it mean?!

@GM-Deynger