I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.

@Anarchy-Marine said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

Man the high horses are abundant here. Surprised a GM hasn't locked this thread with all the personal attacks, and childish tantrums. Not even worth replying to the couple of people that replied to me. Heavens forbid someone doesn't play the "right" way. I've had zero issues with players in quests not knowing how to play, and only an occasional leecher, which I report.

QQ all you want about other players, and tell said players to play something else, because they aren't playing the way you want them to, or take your own advice, and play something else, but either way, you are the annoying toxic part of this community, that can't offer anything constructive. Seriously grow the hell up.

Gotta agree here I haven’t had such issues. It really doesn’t matter if people are awaiting PSO2 NGS since they are doing no harm but the people doing harm are the leeches and reporting them is the best method to aid in their removal from the game. I have seen a wide variety of points in this thread while some I don’t agree with since they slander the game but the others mostly point back to the same point which is we all have a right to choose how to play the game within the TOS of the game.

@Ranmaru Commit? No, i mean that they don't even try to play properly, which means that i, and depending on how many are doing this kind of thing, a few others need to pick up the slack for a multi-party session. Like, come on, that's not commiting to anything but doing the mission at hand, and if they aren't paying attention to the mission, then they are doing something else while they "play". Playing the game properly can't bee too much to ask, especially when you are playing with other people.

I'm waiting for the last story in Episode 6, going to play it, then I'll be done until NGS probably.

@Yggranya Wait, are you seriously complaining about people with a show/music/podcast going on in the background as they run through an Urgent Quest or something?

@Kragwulf I would say that there is a difference between having a show on in the background as you play Phantasy Star Online 2 and having Phantasy Star Online 2 on in the background while you're watching a show.

There are still numerous players who use the "cheap" strategy of pulling out an all-class launcher (typically Sigma Bastad) and jump into the corner to hold the left-click and then alt-tab out to watch a video or to do something. When the rest of the party moves on or when they are eating the floor you can anticipate them coming back later to complain about not being revived, about their party not being fast or good enough at the content to carry them, or that they will sometimes return to a session where they are the only person because everyone else abandoned them.

I have nothing against players who are listening to a podcast or listening to a show but if anyone attempt to pull this off in a Divide Quest and they wonder why people get "upset" with them I will only point to them leeching and not pulling their weight. Divide Quests, as it is, are one of the few pieces of content that actually "truly" scales to the part so it's not like the Emergency Quests where in a group of twelve at least three or four people can carry the rest of the group due to the sheer difference in contribution. In a Divide Quest this is not as easy to do due to the enemies and the team's damage scaling to the number of players meaning each player must be capable of holding their weight and not doing so is a hindrance to the rest of the party due to how tight the balancing is there.

If you are playing on Super Hard or anything below I don't mind seeing people leeching or just standing around during content because the difficulties there tend to not be rewarding and the content is not difficult enough to be a hindrance. But when we get the final boss Emergency Quest coming at the end of Episode 6 I can only imagine how salty global players will be when they find out there is no Gateship to return to and when the party refuses to use a Moon Atomizer (or runs out) the only option you have left is to quit the quest or buy a Scapedoll.

Does the OP have something against western audiences? Is the OP gripe with western culture personal perceived differences? Or does the OP want JP culture on NA servers?

@VanillaLucia said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

There are still numerous players who use the "cheap" strategy of pulling out an all-class launcher (typically Sigma Bastad) and jump into the corner to hold the left-click and then alt-tab out to watch a video or to do something. When the rest of the party moves on or when they are eating the floor you can anticipate them coming back later to complain about not being revived, about their party not being fast or good enough at the content to carry them, or that they will sometimes return to a session where they are the only person because everyone else abandoned them.

You have to be kidding right? I have not seen a sigma used since deus released. Numerous makes it sound like every map you play has people who are IN FACT LEVEL 90+ USING SIGMA LAUNCHERS. If you used a different all class launcher I might believe you. The times i've gone into randoms I have yet to see anyone using sigmas. Yes randoms tend to do bosses at a slower pace, but thats what happens with a bunch of random people with different values team up.

EDIT: Also watch out what you said will make the OP say you arent condemning afking and you are part of the problem.

@Ashe-Kinsilla I am not joking about seeing a Sigma Bastad every now and then because it turns into an insult-flinging distraction during Emergency Quests when people suggset the Occuld weapons instead and the Sigma Bastad-users get defensive. It would make more sense to me if you had a Nemesis weapon on Extra Hard but in the context of Ultra Hard it baffles me that it's considered acceptable to still use Sigma Bastad and to shoot away expect the rest of the party to do the work. I really wish I am exaggerating on this.

And lastly about what you mention at the end, this is where "Expert Matching" would have shined. It filters out those people from the rest of the game from players who can at least play the game and those who wish to idle or do minimal work in the game to get tasks done. Players who are learning definitely get their chance to shine (you will know when a new player who just recently reached Level 75 is outperforming the Level 95+ player who is lazy on Extra Hard) and those players will likely be able to join up, and interact with the players who unlocked Expert Matching. Even outside of this you would likely still encounter each other in the lobby and it's not a sort of "exclusive club" as much as it is unfortunately a band-aid solution to separate leeches from the rest of the players. I personally tend to play solo when I can and only throw up Party Markers when I am alone in an Emergency Quest because for some reason Global players make a very big scene about it where the Japanese side of things never made such a big deal about it (it was nice to have but it wasn't mandatory). Even if those leeching players made it to Expert Matching nothing stops the party from disbanding and reforming without that user or for the party leader (if that leech was in that party) to simply kick them.

The most "drama" I have engaged in was a friend and I deciding to carry an alliance that was running a Buster Quest who all collectively stood in the corner and berated us for not completing the quest quickly enough while they all fired into the corner. It is not fun being two out of eight people in a Buster Quest doing anything because the leader of that alliance and their friends all decided they can leech off of some random players who wanted to run a Buster Quest.

Faster and better moderation will do better to solve issues with the game than a exclusive club queue designed to divide the playerbase and hurt new players or players physically unable to complete the requirements even with the best weapons in the game. But enough of that since we don’t need another thread on Expert Matching.

@VanillaLucia I honestly still don't believe you. You went for NUMEROUS to NOW AND THEN. In reality it's most likely once. Did you inspect every single person that you believe are using sigma launchers? What class they were using? Hell I have one of my rods skinned as a red rod just because ill see someone stop next to me to inspect me. You don't wish. You ARE exaggerating it. Unless what ever your ship is god awful. Ship 3 has been a pleasant experience for me playing with randoms from day one to now. Besides buster quests because buster quest in itself is pure garbage.

I like how you think I'm against expert matching because itll split up the community. I think i've said plenty of times I do most of my UQs and farming with like minded people in my alliance. That is expert matching for me. I know they can do what they need to do. I also havent seen global players make a scene out of someone not joining a party. Most of the time they'll post the +40% triboost SA and thats it. Your ship must be very very toxic. How nice of you to throw in a little slap to global players. I wonder if you add to the toxic environment.

You know what you do in that scenario? You report them all and leave. Like are you kidding me? Do you like abuse or something? Was it NUMEROUS abusive words? or NOW AND THEN abusive words? That last sentence does nothing to me when the whole topic i've said report them and move on.

@YagyuChan Yes I would love better and faster moderation. The only thing I liked from League of Legends was that people actually got in trouble for toxic behavior and it would let you know actions were taken when you reported someone like days after you reported them. I haven't played in years so I do not know if that is still the case.

@Ashe-Kinsilla I am very confused with you saying that I was thinking you were against Expert Matching. I only mentioned that Expert Matching would have shined to bring in a better quality-of-life for Ultra Hard runs on Emergency Quests to not see people with Sigma weapons. Of course there are better ways this could be implemented but I feel a revision is highly unlikely and that "until then" I would prefer to have what the Japanese side has as an option.

I don't spend my time investigating the gear that players have because I don't have the time to nor do I have the interest in making sure "everyone" can pull their weight. At the baseline of things I like the gameplay and the combat and will do what I can to pull myself through (even if that is a futile attempt). I do not know how else to express that other than that I enjoy action games and the sort of action Phantasy Star Online 2 has. As a result, it does not bother me personally if it turns out the rest of the session involves players who are idling in the corner or are expecting me to help them leech. If we fail (as I have seen on Divide Quests) I can always try again without worrying too much about what happened. In most of these quests I do not worry about the condition of others unless they are frozen because I have Anti ready and can quickly zip by to free them or if I can pop a Megiverse/Resta to heal or sometimes a Shifta/Deband when applicable. I do not expect to get carried by players when I end up failing them because I am not a perfect player (the final boss Emergency Quest of Episode 6 is one I particularly feel high-pressure on because of how inconvenient it is to be revived on that fight).

The reason why it bothers me when I see a player with a Sigma Bastad is not me trying to be "elitist" about what a player can bring or what they can't bring. It is because when I happen to see that on the map there is a person standing in the corner and that player is complaining about not being revived or that the session is taking too long that I wonder to myself what that person expects to get. This has happened to me every other run during the Black Fellwyrm where the person with this launcher would grab the Laconium Sword and hide in the corner. Without the sword you cannot open weak points and that player was upset whenever the fight "halted" because we could not deal decent damage without opening the weak points. Of course, this could be solved if I was involved in an alliance with "like-minded" players but I am in an alliance of my own with family and friends (who do not always play the game). When I am able to I am happy to try and help players with these sorts of mechanics or tricks to get through content smoothly (such as aiming for the knees on Magatsu before the stomach, the chest, and then the shoulders before the head, learning to break the time-stop mechanic that bosses like Luther have, using the sword to break the Crimson/Black Fellwyrm's blue weak points, and so on) but I do not know if that is considered "toxic" to be trying to explain things mid-fight. I learned very quickly on the Japanese side that I had to solo a lot of these fights because of some of the more elitist players shaming me for their non-perfect runs outside of Expert Matching (the Black Fellwyrm originally had a death limit and I was the player who ended the run with 1 HP where everyone else was untouched despite no lives being lost). In the global version when possible I solo these fights as well simply because I am not enthused about potentially encountering those same players again (or those types of players) and I tend to spend much more time in smaller groups when possible playing along the more casual content simply to avoid having to deal with leeches/elitists altogether. I still run Emergency Quests in public groups in general simply because it's ultimately faster (and more rewarding for loot and to the time I have) and because so far it is only Divide Quests that actually scale to the number of people in a party (or the third Challenge Quest) so if I want to completely daily/weekly missions unfortunately it is easier in groups including the groups with the less desirable players.

Because you are also on Ship 3, I am happy for you that you never encountered the alliance and the person that I was referring to (I cannot name them due to it potentially breaking rules to name-drop players and alliance names).

@VanillaLucia The only time you mentioned Sigma weapons is during Ep5 at the start with your wall of text. You have plenty of time to inspect peoples gear. It takes a bit for everyone to get in and also a 30 second timer before the UQ itself starts. If you do not investigate people how do you know they are using a sigma launcher? You aren't looking at them. I can understand them being in a corner the whole time sucks but how do you really know they are using sigmas?

You are talking quite a bit about the start of Ep5. We are currently nearing the end of pso2 as we know it. What you are talking about is someone trolling your map during black dragon in ep5. Do you know what you do? You report and move on. Thank you for teaching me stuff I didn't know in my 30+ times I did black dragon. Thank you for also teaching other fights that i've done plenty of times in the past. You have so much text that bog up what you are trying to say and i'm just losing interest in what your main points are.

It seems where ever you go you seem to draw in trollers/afkers/leechers/elitists. How very unlucky for you. However, you should 100% start streaming. You seem to get people who negatively impact the game a good chunk of the time and it would be valuable information to sega.

I guess keep fighting the good fight or something. We are from opposite sides of the line. I never seen these people you complain about while you seem to see them frequently Yes I still hop into randoms if I cant find enough people to do UQ or what ever mode I want to do. Still, I my experience is next to nothing with trollers/afkers/leechers/elitists. I wish you the best.

Ship 01...never seen this problem. Also, like other veterans I solo divide quests exclusively. But for people using sigma's, these could be new players (doubtful) or people just trolling /shrug

PSo2 Global does have significant problems and it was to be expected, I should probably make a post explaining them, NGS is related to it too.

@Kragwulf Pfft, no. I'd explain, but that would be redundant for something so painfully obvious. I do however wish to know how you came to that conclusion.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@VanillaLucia The only time you mentioned Sigma weapons is during Ep5 at the start with your wall of text. You have plenty of time to inspect peoples gear. It takes a bit for everyone to get in and also a 30 second timer before the UQ itself starts. If you do not investigate people how do you know they are using a sigma launcher? You aren't looking at them. I can understand them being in a corner the whole time sucks but how do you really know they are using sigmas?

You are talking quite a bit about the start of Ep5. We are currently nearing the end of pso2 as we know it. What you are talking about is someone trolling your map during black dragon in ep5. Do you know what you do? You report and move on. Thank you for teaching me stuff I didn't know in my 30+ times I did black dragon. Thank you for also teaching other fights that i've done plenty of times in the past. You have so much text that bog up what you are trying to say and i'm just losing interest in what your main points are.

It seems where ever you go you seem to draw in trollers/afkers/leechers/elitists. How very unlucky for you. However, you should 100% start streaming. You seem to get people who negatively impact the game a good chunk of the time and it would be valuable information to sega.

I guess keep fighting the good fight or something. We are from opposite sides of the line. I never seen these people you complain about while you seem to see them frequently Yes I still hop into randoms if I cant find enough people to do UQ or what ever mode I want to do. Still, I my experience is next to nothing with trollers/afkers/leechers/elitists. I wish you the best.

Either you are really lucky, or you tunnel vision the boss. Yes, i have seen many with sigma bastad. You don't need to believe me. If your perception shaped reality, we would be living in a completely different world, or perhaps no world at all since you miss/ignore the obvious. Maybe you indulge in this kind of behaviour? Would explain the zeal you have in attempting to make people stop talking about it. As you are obviously aware, being reported does nothing. No wonder you just want to shut the thread down. Well, that's just what happens on all game forums when someone mentions bots/AFK/leechers, they crawl out of the woodworks to attempt to make you seem delusional. Such concentrated vitriol can't be found anywhere else.