I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.

@YagyuChan said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Ranmaru I understand this but Wouldn’t reporting such bad people and SEGA banning them achieve mostly the same purpose? (I played non expert pugs many times in JP servers and yet to encounter a leech after 6 years as for Global I met 1 leecher which I reported and left the run since it was 3/12 anyway)

No, they do not deserve reporting. They are simply misguided. They aren't breaking rules. Most of the time. If a person did it on purpose, there would be no grounds on reporting or banning them either way and you have to give it the benefit of the doubt. I would think that it's just a new player that didn't know.

Wow, imagine report people for being bad to get them banned - imagine how well it's going to go when people decide to report everyone that perform less than them = bad. You can create a true elite club even more than expert matching as it won't be just the optional expert matching but the whole game.

I think I understand, we don't want to fracture the playing base but at the same time, there isn't a point to play in a way that doesn't align with a person's desires. Don't inflate numbers. Simply let people play the way they want to, so they can be genuinely happy.

@YagyuChan

Oh wow I thought your guild was big! I was actually going to ask you about it since my loved ones and myself are looking for a more populated ship. 😞

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@YagyuChan

Oh wow I thought your guild was big! I was actually going to ask you about it since my loved ones and myself are looking for a more populated ship. 😞

Sadly there is no room for the little guilds ☹

It kind of sound like this expert match making thing is just a chest pumping way for Veterans JP (really NA who got a heads up) to shout how trash others are compared to them. Or is it?

@fabioffxi said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla Part of the problem is the people like you. Got nothing to do with condemn afking.

Got to do with the fact that you believe that personal reasoning are more important then community needs.

If you Play with 11 other people, you have to play in a way that's decent enough to not 'cause issue to others.

Is common sense. That's what i don't like about your thinking. Your freedom ends where someone elses's starts.

People do afk in lobby ? fine, i'll say It again:FINE.

But if you decide to snap out of your afking and join somenthing you have to partecipate properly. Otherwise, you are disrespecting others.

Just report them and move on. Like lmao. This has been my message the whole time. What else are you going to do? Complain to 20-40 people on the forums? Send a ticket to sega? What exactly do you want the forums to do? Do a daily post on their blocks about afking in UQs?

I'm so confused what exactly the problem is if i'm apart of it.

@RainGnyu Expert Matching on the Japanese side is more of a quality-of-life checkbox for Emergency Quests so you can "hope" to walk into the tougher quests and find a group that already knows what to do like you can expect with normal public groups but in a more efficient way. It's not completely perfect but a lot of the problems are weeded out because you don't end up with the people who still try to fight with outdated equipment.

Having it unlocked unlocks an option where you can match with other players who have it unlocked as well. The requirements to unlock it are trivial (I feel "everyone" should be able to do it at this point because it isn't actually that difficult where we are) but the only people who are left out are the people who don't attempt it or the people who cannot yet complete it. If your goal is to walk into public sessions because you don't have friends or an alliance to run at that level with (such as myself) Expert Matching at least makes it easier for you to envision higher-level runs. For some Emergency Quests like the current Valentine's Emergency Quest or the Armada Emergency Quest, this is the difference between having up to two or three extra runs (completing more Collection Folders) in the same amount of time as compared to a normal run. In the case of the upcoming final boss Emergency Quest this could mean the difference between how many players are still left standing at the end of the Emergency Quest if people didn't rage-quit or came prepared (you already can fight this boss so you can expect to see how the Emergency Quest goes for the most part).

It's not "meant" to put down players who can't make the requirements but rather is meant to help the higher-level players find better-quality public sessions when they want that overall boost in team synergy. You can still untick Expert Matching and play with players who have not met those requirements for everything else.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of interest people have in fighting Elder when Utterly Profound transitions to the second half. It used to be that I could take up to four characters to the EQ, but now it's very difficult just to get another run going. I sort of get it, he doesn't drop anything super valuable, but play for fun.

That is because elder is boring in general.

@YagyuChan said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

why people should suffer to add requirements that make no sense since most content after is scaled for 12 people to play but the requirements themselves are solo.

Because the entire point is that you should be a good player SOLO and then join your strenght to other players who are also good SOLO.

Thus, several good solo players, put together equals a good UQ.

You seem to be stuck in the whole solo vs party issue when it´s a non-issue to begin with.

Much like a healthy romantic relationship is two people who have a healthy, happy life of their own, but decide to share and walk life together, a healthy multi party is many people who are good on their own, joining forces together.

So yes, requirements being solo make PERFECT SENSE because the entire point is that you need to be good on your own before you waste everyone else´s time.

I really do not undertstand why is it so hard, for some of you, to understand that you are not ENTITLED TO OTHER PEOPLE´S TIME and that when you join other people, you are basically declaring that YOU WILL DO YOUR BEST TO CLEAR THE TARGET OBJECTIVE.

Yes, we all have different motives to play and different things we enjoy, but precisely because it is impossible to PLEASE EVERYONE at the same time, the only option left, and the one that is the most fair and equal, is to COMPLETE THE OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME.

That is because the second you joined a party, you have AGREED TO ACCEPT THAT OBJECTIVE, and so did everyone else, so performing well in said objective is the ONLY COMMON DENOMINATOR .

You do not get to impose your preferences and enjoyment ON EVERYONE ELSE and neither do they have the right to impose it on you.

But asking you to perform well is not imposing someone else´s preference on you, because that is what you have signed up for THE SECOND YOU JOINED A MULTIPLAYER PARTY.

The fact that such a simple concept has to be explained is borderline maddening.

An online game is not like an offline game, where you have the right to do whatever you want, because you paid for it, it belongs to you, and it is there for your exclusive use.

You are neither the only player or the protagonist, the only thing you own is your licensed right to access the game servers and the maintenance of your account, everything else is shared and belongs to everyone else equally.

And i feel a lot of people struggle with this concept.

@IfrianMMO said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

why people should suffer to add requirements that make no sense since most content after is scaled for 12 people to play but the requirements themselves are solo.

Because the entire point is that you should be a good player SOLO and then join your strenght to other players who are also good SOLO.

Thus, several good solo players, put together equals a good UQ.

You seem to be stuck in the whole solo vs party issue when it´s a non-issue to begin with.

Much like a healthy romantic relationship is two people who have a healthy, happy life of their own, but decide to share and walk life together, a healthy multi party is many people who are good on their own, joining forces together.

So yes, requirements being solo make PERFECT SENSE because the entire point is that you need to be good on your own before you waste everyone else´s time.

I really do not undertstand why is it so hard, for some of you, to understand that you are not ENTITLED TO OTHER PEOPLE´S TIME and that when you join other people, you are basically declaring that YOU WILL DO YOUR BEST TO CLEAR THE TARGET OBJECTIVE.

Yes, we all have different motives to play and different things we enjoy, but precisely because it is impossible to PLEASE EVERYONE at the same time, the only option left, and the one that is the most fair and equal, is to COMPLETE THE OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME.

That is because the second you joined a party, you have AGREED TO ACCEPT THAT OBJECTIVE, and so did everyone else, so performing well in said objective is the ONLY COMMON DENOMINATOR .

You do not get to impose your preferences and enjoyment ON EVERYONE ELSE and neither do they have the right to impose it on you.

But asking you to perform well is not imposing someone else´s preference on you, because that is what you have signed up for THE SECOND YOU JOINED A MULTIPLAYER PARTY.

The fact that such a simple concept has to be explained is borderline maddening.

An online game is not like an offline game, where you have the right to do whatever you want, because you paid for it, it belongs to you, and it is there for your exclusive use.

You are neither the only player or the protagonist, the only thing you own is your licensed right to access the game servers and the maintenance of your account, everything else is shared and belongs to everyone else equally.

And i feel a lot of people struggle with this concept.

What if i join a UQ but dont join a party? When I go into a UQ OR SOMETHING that you need 8-12 PEOPLE for. I'm playing for my time. I do not care about anyone else.

I think you need to calm down with those BIG BOLD WORDS. We aren't stuck in a game that if we take to long to do something, the world BLOWS UP. Take a deep breath. Its just a game. I'm sorry if everyone isnt on par with everyone else. That everyone isn't pro mode only and that everyone else isn't as geared/pro at the class they JOINED with. Kind of just DEAL WITH IT you know?

EDIT: I WILL MAKE SURE THE NEXT TIME I'M IN A UQ I WILL TREAT EVERYONE LIKE MY ROMANTIC PARTNER AND INSURE THAT EVERYONE IS HAPPY ON OUR 10-20 MINUTE WALK OF LIFE TOGETHER. I WILL KISS AND HUG EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN MY RANDOM UQS TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE FEELS HAPPY AND AT THEIR PEEK TEAM WORK ABILITY.

@fabioffxi said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

Pso2 is a good game on it's own. Dosn't deserve such a treatment from the Player Base. If you don't wanna invest in it, grind and experience Story and Content wtf playing at all? I'm sick of having people using "NGS is coming soon" as an excuse to justify their absolutely shitty investment into PSO2. I do agree gear is not required, but, lobby afk and being deadweight in UQ just 'cause NGS is coming soon.. well, i can't stand it. There's so much to do in PSO2, i wish people would show it some more love. Besides, event ough the BETA is here, and i'm one of the BETA testers donw in the JP servers, i can say without too many worries, NGS got a lot of issue. Atm, is a far inferior product to PSO2,. Yes, the new stuff, models and general feeling of the gameplay feel great, but, on the technical side i did experience a shit ton of issue, frame drop, freezes and costant stuttering. (i have a rig with a 1080TI and a 5th Gen I5, 12GB of RAM and it runs like shit). There's not much to do, outside grinding for levels and explore the world, and some classes need more tweaks then others (it shows that Fi, Gu and Te did got implemented later in the Development cycle).

What i am trying to say, in a ranty way is, don't play PSO2 if the only reason you do play it is NGS. Or if you do, at least try to enjoy the game for what it is. No need for the absolute best stuff or to go down the MEAT route with High End affixes, but, at least, to not afk during UQ and answer when called out "LUL WHO CARE'S? NGS COMING OUT SOON"

you dont pay my sub 🙂

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

EDIT: I WILL MAKE SURE THE NEXT TIME I'M IN A UQ I WILL TREAT EVERYONE LIKE MY ROMANTIC PARTNER AND INSURE THAT EVERYONE IS HAPPY ON OUR 10-20 MINUTE WALK OF LIFE TOGETHER. I WILL KISS AND HUG EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN MY RANDOM UQS TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE FEELS HAPPY AND AT THEIR PEEK TEAM WORK ABILITY.

You joke but regrettably I have run into players like that, I’m very sick of hugs and headpats now, I just want my loot.

@Milk said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in I'm sick and tired of people "Waiting for NGS" and absolutely do nothing at all in PSO2.:

You joke but regrettably I have run into players like that, I’m very sick of hugs and headpats now, I just want my loot.

I made a mistake because a single person from my alliance seeing my post now means many more have seen a screen shot. Lots of hugging and kissing for me. ;_;