Divide Quest's overall discusion

I think 31-35 is too hard solo. Enemies are just too tanky. And I know my class and have great gear before anyone says get better gear. All cras units with max affixes and capped out cras weapon.

My main gripe is Gildna Exegul. It is absurd that I was able to defeat Shiva in stage 35 then go back to 20 and not even S rank the bastard.

I can’t even do 31-35 with my husband, we suck. 😞

Yea 31-35 new bosses are rather tough solo, it's not impossible, i managed to barely kill Sodam, but i believe some classes can't kill him period no matter what.

But then again these aren't really designed to be solo, the buff kicking in later for these really hurts. Shiva is ok, but for Execour, Varuna and Sodam i wouldn't blame anyone for not being able to kill them. (assuming no HP / ATK modifier)

Varuna seems to be the easiest of the bunch, followed by Execour and probably Sodam just with how much HP he has, but it depends on the class.

For people who care about it some tweet about the HP numbers

From the top it should be Varuna, Shiva, Sodam and lastly various Execour levels.

Bring a couple friends, with 4 it should be doable because you aren't hamstringed by having to wait for the buff.

Only boss I had problem with was Sodam, I can S-rank but couldn't solo kill in time. But this was before I did the Depth 100 ultimate climb, haven't done 31-35 in awhile, mostly was doing lower steps for divide medals and now doing 26-30 for mitra/varuna modules.

Shiva 35 should be no problem and you had practice in Lament and the attack buff is applied at the beginning

Execour/Exegul I tend to break it's hind legs(?) and the crystal on it's back side before focusing on the front core - not sure if that is even efficient or necessary.

@timmylaw said in Divide Quest's overall discusion:

I think 31-35 is too hard solo. Enemies are just too tanky. And I know my class and have great gear before anyone says get better gear. All cras units with max affixes and capped out cras weapon.

While these quests are definitely a step up from previous divide quests, they are doable solo. I’ve ran through them on my alts (lvl. 86-90) for weeklies and with the exception of sodam which is hit and miss for the kill, And covert ops which I generally skip cause it’s a huge time sink, I’m able to clear the rest. Some of this will depend on your class too, some are just better suited to solo play

@HarmlessSyan said in Divide Quest's overall discusion:

Execour/Exegul I tend to break it's hind legs(?) and the crystal on it's back side before focusing on the front core - not sure if that is even efficient or necessary.

Breaking his "legs" makes him less mobile(iirc). Breaking his back side makes him take more damage but also a lot more aggressive, whether or not this is more efficient depends on your ability to deal with his attack from. Breaking anything doesn't seem to be a requirement in order to beat him.

@Ryoga said in Divide Quest's overall discusion:

@HarmlessSyan said in Divide Quest's overall discusion:

Breaking his "legs" makes him less mobile(iirc). Breaking his back side makes him take more damage but also a lot more aggressive, whether or not this is more efficient depends on your ability to deal with his attack from. Breaking anything doesn't seem to be a requirement in order to beat him.

While a wouldn’t say breaking the crystal on his back is a requirement, I would definitely say it is recommended especially in solo play. Once you break the crystal you get 2x damage on the weak spot on his groin. You’re going to have a hard hard time dps Exegul, if you’re basically doing half damage all the way to 75% hp, which he will swap to his attack mode and expose his weak spot regardless if you’ve broken his crystal.

Yah and I'm bad at solo to begin with, but then you see all the rooms are locked and can't get into a group. You're worried that some random might die and screw over your run? Hello, PSO Challenge Mode would like a word with you. People did that with randoms and did just fine for the most part, and back then they only really took certain classes. (Sorry if I seem salty, I hate how Divides are pretty much required for end game gear.)

@Macmaxi Same here, i unlocked all my stages with pugs, maybe i was lucky in my runs xD.

Actually there's a bunch of people opening passworded rooms to hold open certain bosses, a friend assumed NA players don't know how to properly make a room, but if you see a locked divide room going on for more than 30 minutes it's for that reason.

But during the time i can play, i don't even see anyone do divide.

I really enjoy Divide Quests. They feel somewhat like Endless but with rewards catered towards the corresponding episode and I also love the fact it has its own scaling per amount of players present, really is an enjoyable mode overall and I'd probably do that more on days where I don't need to farm anything else immediately.

@Hatsodoom said in Divide Quest's overall discusion:

Yah and I'm bad at solo to begin with, but then you see all the rooms are locked and can't get into a group. You're worried that some random might die and screw over your run? Hello, PSO Challenge Mode would like a word with you. People did that with randoms and did just fine for the most part, and back then they only really took certain classes. (Sorry if I seem salty, I hate how Divides are pretty much required for end game gear.)

Im sorry to hear you’re struggling to find groups to play with, but anything past stage 20 can get very tricky to do with even 1 random. I’ve helped a few friends, and random players who have asked for help from time to time, and if at that time they don’t have the gear or skill to play at a high enough level you are going to be going slower and probably failing runs due to the death limit, and that’s just from 1 player, never mind a full party of pugs.

This is of course fine when I’m specifically helping someone, everyone needs help from time to time and the best way to teach someone is to do the runs with them, so you can see what they are doing and give advice as needed. I also don’t want to be doing this all the time either, so whenever I’m not helping someone I’m either going to be running solo, or running in a pre-made run with my alliance.

The best thing I can suggest to help you find people to run with these with, is join an alliance that’s in the top 20 of the rdr rankings, they will be fairly active and will likely be doing stuff like divide quests.

Challenge mode works very different to divide quest, you don’t have party scaling which makes it far easier to solo like in divide. Anyone that plays this mode even semi seriously plays in pre-made groups, outside of when this very first launched you rarely see any pug groups.

Sodam is very nasty to fight in DQ not really from a difficulty perspective but in terms of how much HP it has and how much you need to squeeze out, Putting it into perspective my Etoile (main class) with full cras with 315mel power units even after nailing every possible DS counter possible Still just barely fell short of killing sodam and yet my Hero with TMG+Talis was enough as long as i played perfectly and switched to talis during down phases. I dont normally link stuff but i DID record the run so i feel like showing just how pressed for time you actually are. (my hero weapons are liberate so i imagine the windows bigger w Lightweaver weapons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFyMGKOFrw

the timing is tough, I honestly dont blame anyone for failing to solo Sodam.

i like farming divide, either duo or solo. lately i've been trying to get the SJS from 31-35 but i've yet to see it drop. strangely all the other 15* weapons drop without issue for me haha, but i like the grind for exotic stuff. i think it's a good challenge, but some bosses or tasks could require readjustments, especially for solo play. like sodam.most of the time i solo him on ET, i barely finish him on time, it's pretty crazy.

i've also been having a discussion with my divide partner that it would have been cool to have divide buffs and debuffs stack from stages much like the Gold Saucer Battle Square in Final Fantasy 7 to spice things up.