Remove Height Restriction

That’s kind of sad that all it takes is one heated argument to ruin a whole thread... 😕

But I mean this is the most hot button topic here, well besides NGS needing to be better. XD

They should be grateful there isn’t as much complaints about the game honestly. I mean look at it this way, for as how much we complain about missing features and general lack of content and bugginess, it’s not bricking consoles like Anthem did. :3

@Pariah-Chan said in Remove Height Restriction:

That’s kind of sad that all it takes is one heated argument to ruin a whole thread... 😕

But I mean this is the most hot button topic here, well besides NGS needing to be better. XD

They should be grateful there isn’t as much complaints about the game honestly. I mean look at it this way, for as how much we complain about missing features and general lack of content and bugginess, it’s not bricking consoles like Anthem did. :3

Thank God I saw how bad that game was, just from its announcement. They quite literally had the most bland, and empty story synopsis I'd ever heard. I got Destiny 1 flashbacks, and avoided it like the plague. Then I heard about the bricked consoles, the terrible bugs, the lack of content later after it launched. All of these things killed, what could have been a cool game. Some of the conceptual ideas were great, but the execution was god awful.

Sorry, you mentioned Anthem, and I pulled us off topic further. Even of we don't get the height restrictions completely reversed, to match the 140/141cm JP has, they could at least meet us somewhere in the middle, and make it 145cm. I'm also hoping for a base wear that comes without shoes, but with something similar to the leg supporters base PSO2 had, or something closer to this.

20210701_011932.jpg

It would fit my character design better. For now I went with Aina's outfit. It's pretty close to what I was going for already, just wish the boots had an ornament like feature where they came off, with the leg supporters underneath. Don't get me wrong, the boots look cool, just not for one of my characters, my main. It would allow her to be closer to the intended height.

There’s not a lot of barefoot looks, so it’s hard to judge height due to that. I remember wearing a high heel base that added 15+ height when I wore it. XD

So I might as well make the strongest point I can to push this conversation forward...

1B1C1A4E-EF63-4B28-9D00-32E8A4C75DF9.jpeg

A character like mine still exists, even with the height restriction. Being 154 instead of 140 does not change the general look a character has to them. I understand some people don’t like seeing a character like this, but it’s a personal choice to look like this. Same as someone being a giant cast, or a muscular guy.

So I please ask: can the height restriction be lowered back to its original state?

Also with the fact that there are many NPCs shorter than the height restriction so we can't even accurately recreate them. Another reason that we ask for the restriction to be removed.

If the restrictions wasn’t in place, we could make npcs at a 1:1 ratio

914AAC47-1563-4975-A336-7C55E73C2EBC.jpeg

Well, NGS' steam numbers are dropping. Still a decent amount higher than it was pre-NGS and it is only steam numbers, but still not a good sign. I wonder if it will get to the point where they try to attract the people that left due to censorship.

IP blocks on JP probably were partially motivated by wanting people to play on global, but it was probably the worst move they could have made.

Honestly, I wonder what it will take for them to realize this.

There shouldn't have been a separation between Global and JP for NGS. Sure keeping the separate for PSO2 is fine, due to server age differences, but the walls should have been lowered for NGS, not raised.

I was looking through the basewears and found out that they actually removed the censorship on the Harriet basewear. Maybe we have hope of more censorship being removed. bf310f84-024a-4a18-a919-2510e8344ed7-image.png

They did the same for the cast base as well, we’re definitely getting an uncut source code from JP for NGS. still shocked they messed up a whole veteran spawn. XD

6AF9CD32-A33F-4919-ADB8-A158BE8A5505.jpeg

Well that is good to hear that some censorship was undone. All the more reason to keep on pushing.

They should do a similar thing to what colan exilus did with its nudity DLC

Make it so if you want to have the height restriction removed and skimpy and lewder outfits and clothing you download an add-on so only people with it can see it

I mean I’d be ok with that, as long as it’s account bound. XD

@Drakaina A simpler method would probably be just offering an alternate client that is basically just the Japanese version with translations and the necessary changes to access the Global servers instead of the JP servers. An add-on sounds a bit more complex and might add a bit of overhead.

The best would be to just get rid of the restriction.

Uncensoring the game through an option or add-on would send the message that the original content is somehow undesirable, while there's nothing wrong with it at all.