Remove Height Restriction

I used to follow those threads on Steam, Reddit & Forums. (Since June 2020)

They are usually discussed on Discord, (Official Games Discord, Community, Alliances etc...) too.

You couldn't imagine how many braincells I lose when I was reading those discussions.

@The-Merfox said in Remove Height Restriction:

@Teasa Yep, a user poll, unlike the supposed Sega poll Zeke was talking about. I have a feeling he doesn't fully read things before replying to them or committing them to memory

A poll existed and shows it was even on who wanted what.

That literally doesn't invalidate my claim. As always you fail to grasp the full situation.

@Zeke said in Remove Height Restriction:

@Teasa Yep, a user poll, unlike the supposed Sega poll Zeke was talking about. I have a feeling he doesn't fully read things before replying to them or committing them to memory

That literally doesn't invalidate my claim. As always you fail to grasp the full situation.

A link? Source? Wend and where it was done? As far i know and been watching this for wile now it never came up.

I literally asked you to link whatever official Sega poll you were talking about. And it doesn't exist.

Your claim is invalid because an official Sega statement would've had a completely different level of visibility and would've likely resulted in change.

Let's put the history of this discussion on this thread.

There was a SMALL outcry during beta for the height restriction. GM's said they would put a poll out to see whether or not they should add it in. A very small one was posted by a GM then swiftly deleted along with any comments about the height restrictions.

Players furiously defended or hated the height censorship to where we have threads being made for MONTHS over the topic. It was more or less even on support. GM's finally had enough and either lock, delete or ban people who kept bringing the discussion up. Eventually they said make an in-game suggestion in this portion of the forums. This got rid of the clutter from the main general which most visit.

The actions Sega and GM's took to rid their stance on the issue for this forum shows they just don't care what side you're on. For the changes it's been shown that they're here to stay. Moreso evident with NGS showing its copying the same restriction.

If they truly cared about the other half who want it gone they would of put it back into the game. Fact is they didn't. They've been very clear its staying in their own silent way while completely ignoring these discussions. Hell they got rid of any involvement they had with them. Discussing this vividly will not change their stance on that. All this discussion does is get people banned for getting hot-headed over the issue.

It's a dead topic people just won't let go. So long as you keep the discussion in this specific part of the forum they won't care.

Let's put the history of this discussion on this thread.

There was a SMALL outcry during beta for the height restriction. GM's said they would put a poll out to see whether or not they should add it in. A very small one was posted by a GM then swiftly deleted along with any comments about the height restrictions.

Players furiously defended or hated the height censorship to where we have threads being made for MONTHS over the topic. It was more or less even on support. GM's finally had enough and either lock, delete or ban people who kept bringing the discussion up. Eventually they said make an in-game suggestion in this portion of the forums. This got rid of the clutter from the main general which most visit.

The actions Sega and GM's took to rid their stance on the issue for this forum shows they just don't care what side you're on. For the changes it's been shown that they're here to stay. Moreso evident with NGS showing its copying the same restriction.

If they truly cared about the other half who want it gone they would of put it back into the game. Fact is they didn't. They've been very clear its staying in their own silent way while completely ignoring these discussions. Hell they got rid of any involvement they had with them. Discussing this vividly will not change their stance on that. All this discussion does is get people banned for getting hot-headed over the issue.

It's a dead topic people just won't let go. So long as you keep the discussion in this specific part of the forum they won't care.

Hmm. Interesting as well as suspect. There is a lot at miss here. Especially with the concept they just randomly decided to "delete" the original outcries, poll and follow up comments but not to regulate anything afterwards to ensure the topic stays dead, while not successfully ensuring the topic stays dead... despite people discussing it seems it remains alive, just ignored, which are two separate things.

For a very arbitrary topic that is relatively obscure in nature, you seem vary passionate on defending a restriction with these "factoids."

Not saying either side is right or wrong, but a topic, as silly as height, sure brings out a very specific passion in people.

I'll make sure to keep this topic alive until they remove height restriction

I dont really care to put "Remove Height Restriction" or "F*ck Height Restriction" on my Online status.

I can make a SA with a small character holding a sign saying Remove Height Restriction.

And, I wish a content creator will make a video about censorships like MMOByte so atleast peoples are aware about those issues.

Just make it more louder and SEGA will be forced to resolve this issues.

We should contact to anyone from SEGA JP Teams and explain them the benefit they could gain from removing this height restriction. (A petition.)

It not much but atleast they can gain some benefit.

Klee was a good exemple for Genshin Impact.

NGS will attract more players and some peoples will ask why they added a height restriction.

@Zeke If the topic is already decided, and if we are proverbialy shouting at thin air, why do you care enough to comment here? Your contradiction of statement and actions lead me to believe you are being disingenuous with your intent.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Remove Height Restriction:

@Zeke If the topic is already decided, and if we are proverbialy shouting at thin air, why do you care enough to comment here? Your contradiction of statement and actions lead me to believe you are being disingenuous with your intent.

Try to make these same threads in the general section. You'll see yourself how quickly they're shutdown by the GM's. Easier to manage threads in a location outside from the general publics eye. Kinda have to move around the forum to find this sub-forum.

Plus all the evidence is there. NGS showing they're doubling down on the stance on height restriction. It literally shows they never changed their stance. As for commenting I'm just browsing all the sub-fprums and engaging. Boredom or perhaps I have an interest in this topic. Regardless the reason anyone can join in on this. Public forum afterall.

@Teasa said in Remove Height Restriction:

I'll make sure to keep this topic alive until they remove height restriction

I dont really care to put "Remove Height Restriction" or "F*ck Height Restriction" on my Online status.

I can make a SA with a small character holding a sign saying Remove Height Restriction.

And, I wish a content creator will make a video about censorships like MMOByte so atleast peoples are aware about those issues.

Just make it more louder and SEGA will be forced to resolve this issues.

We should contact to anyone from SEGA JP Teams and explain them the benefit they could gain from removing this height restriction. (A petition.)

It not much but atleast they can gain some benefit.

Klee was a good exemple for Genshin Impact.

NGS will attract more players and some peoples will ask why they added a height restriction.

Good luck with that. Spam the topic or force petitions is a sure fire way to get a ban on these forums.

You aren't the first to try this and you won't be the last. Just the general public doesn't really seem to care that much. There would be far more interactions if the general public shared your view.

But hey this topic is barely alive so that clearly isn't the case.

@Zeke This act of indifference you are doing, is being undone by your actions/posts. Either you are against the restrictions, and want the rest to give up like you have, or you support the change, and want to try to convince us to just drop it. Either way, don't expect the topic to die, or people to drop it. Its not about to happen.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Remove Height Restriction:

Try to make these same threads in the general section. You'll see yourself how quickly they're shutdown by the GM's. Easier to manage threads in a location outside from the general publics eye. Kinda have to move around the forum to find this sub-forum.

Plus all the evidence is there. NGS showing they're doubling down on the stance on height restriction. It literally shows they never changed their stance.

Few notes. This forum is possibly the easiest to navigate of all major games forum sites. As it is roughly more seen as a suggestion, it could be deemed more suitable to be relocated to said location, which again, isn't that hard to navigate through, and most moderators of forums, large and small, do like to keep things in an aspect of order despite what one's thoughts might be on any given topic.

There isn't a doubling down on the height issue, they are keeping it the same as is. By stating they are doubling down, you are claiming they are trying to strengthen their commitment to a particular unknown strategy or course of action, typically one that is potentially risky on a very silly topic that has so far, very little insight on other than "Meh, it's there."

The evidence, is secondhand at best with no supporting facts, past screen shots or supporting links to it. Just you - random bloke #32468 in the world saying rough "Trust me bro, I know it, randomly memorized it and have the best insight on it, no citation needed."

Can't we just submit ~1 ticket a day or week to the support system? That would probably work as a way to get noticed without "cluttering" the forum.

NGS is now being actively supported, so report it as an issue against NGS and we might have a chance to get noticed.

Probably stand in the hub as well and raise awareness in game through symbol arts.

Anyone have a catchy rallying cry?

"Let us be short!", "I want my 10cm!", "Shorter than 151!"

Then have the text "Submit a ticket!"

@Teasa said in Remove Height Restriction:

So, I was looking around on some old thread and this is what I found.

b25fb848-3795-421f-ba0e-7d367bf7e83c-image.png

Source : https://forum.pso2.com/topic/584/removing-height-restrictions/194

More thread about Height restriction and ESRB : https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2575/regarding-the-character-height-restrictions?page=1

dfe397bf-b446-4077-8c1a-022b49de2699-image.png

TERA is rated Mature (M) and they have Elin.

Black Desert Online is rated Teen (T) and they have Shai & Tamer.

FFXIV is rated Teen (T) and they have Lalafell & Au'Ra

Blade & Soul is rated Mature (M) and they have Lyn

ArcheAge is rated Mature (M) and they have Dwarf

And Phantasy Star Online 2 is rated Mature (M) "It was rated Teen (T) before.".

6d2a6b46-fd08-44b9-bdb1-fdc220736635-image.png

Yeah the whole ESRB rating thing on height is bogus. It's basically the people managing the release in the west not wanting to go back on their decision to increase the height to way higher than it should have been even with restrictions. I mean 152 really? Why hasn't it been reduced to at least 140 to shut people up.

Very disappointing they haven't changed this even with the release of NGS and a unified service. Just means we'll continue to get censored garbage in our version as time goes on. Incredibly sad.

Just to note the games you listed I'm pretty sure only Tera adjusted censorship and completely removed it on all their new outfit releases. They just did it without anyone taking too much notice and found nobody really made a fuss about it besides the same tiny minority. It actually benefitted them since Elin is far more popular than any other race.

Shai in BDO still has increased height over the Korean version and absurd outfit censorship. Boob and soul still has outfit censorship I think. Not sure about Archeage still I quit before Dwarf came out. FF14 not censored but the outfits in that game aren't like Boob and soul, Tera or PSO2.

@Zenny Hell, I'd take 140 at this juncture, over what we have now, which is nothing being done about it.