How many chapters are in Episode 6 JP players?

Since we're up to Chapter 5 of Episode 6 I wanted to know how many more chapters are left so I can plan on how I level my class accordingly.

@Guilrel said in How many chapters are in Episode 6 JP players?:

I wanted to know how many more chapters are left

one + epilogue (for now)

@Ryoga Okay then. But what do you mean by for now? Isn't Episode 6 the last episode for the main story?

@Guilrel Iirc they have yet to make an actual statement about the future of the original part of PSO2 once NGS is released. Naturally I'd expect them to put their main focus on NGS for the time being but that doesn't mean anything in the long run.

I see... that does make sense in a way since I'm mostly here for the game's story so there's a good chance that I probably would've stopped playing altogether when I finished it and would barely participate in most of the game's events.

I'm nervous because I've made no attempt to S-rank any of the hardcore modes of the story fights which apparently is how you get the true ending.

Or unless I'm mistaken (please let me be ;_;)

@Velveteer I'll only say here I don't think that's the case, I'll link what I think was the unlock requirement in a pastebin though.

Spoilers

@Riesz WOO idk where I heard that from but I'm so glad, ty so much~

To access true end you need to

• clear last story mission in EP3 Ch4

• clear last story mission in EP4 Ch8

• S-rank last story mission in EP6 Ch6

• seen the normal end

Casual/hardcore both works.

I'm so glad you guys showed up here, I would not have think that there was a true ending clause again after episode 3. I'm going to go on a limb here and think to S-Ranking the last story mission doesn't really matter for which difficulty you do, but the ranking depends on how much damage you take like most of the other missions.

Though I was kind of surprised that Chapter 5's boss fight is more dependent on time than on damage, which was a pleasant surprise given that he was level 100 in hardcore mode.

@Guilrel I'm not sure if they've made any statement about Ep6 being the final episode or not, but with the way Ep6 ended, I'm pretty sure it is the final episode.

Of course it's always possible they could revisit it and make some side stories or a new episode in the future, but right now it's pretty clear that next comes NGS and PSO2 is done (the Luster class didn't even get an NPC representative or cutscenes, after all).

@Ezodagrom said in How many chapters are in Episode 6 JP players?:

it's pretty clear that ... PSO2 is done

And exactly that's not the case as there are no statements from them indicating anything like that. The only thing that's clearly done is the PD story thread. It wouldn't be the first time they opened a new story tread to expand on a game after the main story of the base game was over, they already did this multiple times in the past. Even after the epilogue there are still some loose ends and other things they could bring up here and even if we ignore the story there are multiple reasons to keep the base game updated / other things they could do here that just wouldn't fit into NGS.

@Ryoga If you've been following the PSO2 JP updates, it really is clear that it's pretty much done:

• updates since October have been re-using existing areas and enemies
  • valentine, white day and easter urgents weren't even included in the update trailers (either there won't be new ones this year and they'll re-use the ones from last year, or there won't be seasonal urgents in the JP version this year)
  • the late March PSO2 Station+ (livestreams about future PSO2 updates) is going to be the last one, this last point in particular implies that PSO2 is done

As I said, it's always possible that they could revisit in the future, but for the near future, it's done.

@Ezodagrom said in How many chapters are in Episode 6 JP players?:

@Guilrel I'm not sure if they've made any statement about Ep6 being the final episode or not, but with the way Ep6 ended, I'm pretty sure it is the final episode.

Of course it's always possible they could revisit it and make some side stories or a new episode in the future, but right now it's pretty clear that next comes NGS and PSO2 is done (the Luster class didn't even get an NPC representative or cutscenes, after all).

Hey, maybe the next thing will be something other than saving the universe, again. Like sheesh, can one villain try something original for once? And with power like that, how can you just hit them with weapons and they keel over? How do you survive getting punched with the might of a thousand supernovas? That's dumb. Unless the player character is secretly kryptonian or something.