NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits

Has we now know that will be re-releasing either some or all the outfits to fully work with the NGS models and emotes, and we will have to re buy them either directly from the scratch or off player stores. But this has me wondering what this means for SG scratch outfits. I was lucky as I was able to farm nearly all the SG I needed, and got pretty lucky with the scratch I went hard on, but some people may have potential spent hundreds of dollars on SG to get these scratch items.

I must admit potentially having do another SG scratch to get NGS models of these outfits, would be a pretty bitter pill to swallow if this turns out to be the case. Why I understand that re-doing these outfits takes time and money, I really hope they introduce a system where you can pay a flat SG free to upgrade any outfits you currently own, as long as it’s reasonable priced that is, like I said some people have spent a lot of money getting these outfits already.

They already showed off putting them in scratch on the JP side. I'm guessing the NA version will be similar. I also don't think they are going to do every costume. Just popular ones on JP that were revived often.

Yeah but that was for AC Scratch right?

In some SG scratches is where they placed Layerwear versions of old 1 piece outfits, including of those default costumes. I think it is obvious they will just make you pay for them again regardless.

I love that idea and agree! For every old-type cosmetic that has a new-type variant (IN THE FUTURE); it should be a small fee to UNLOCK the new-type variant. For AC items it should be 100 AC and for SG it should be 10; those are reasonable prices IMO. People who don't have them can still scratch and still have fun grinding meseta and buying cosmetics since it has FURTHER value to it. This would give incentive to old players and slowly transition everyone to new-type cosmetics and isn't a slap in the face! Consider this done, and I would whale more lel.

@Xaiyeon said in NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits:

I love that idea and agree! For every old-type cosmetic that has a new-type variant (IN THE FUTURE); it should be a small fee to UNLOCK the new-type variant. For AC items it should be 100 AC and for SG it should be 10; those are reasonable prices IMO. People who don't have them can still scratch and still have fun grinding meseta and buying cosmetics since it has FURTHER value to it. This would give incentive to old players and slowly transition everyone to new-type cosmetics and isn't a slap in the face! Consider this done, and I would whale more lel.

I said before if at least the newbie NGS costume sets went into Mission Pass, that it would be more fair to have Mission Badges+ the item as an exchange option.

I wouldn't mind the addition of Limited exchange with the PSO2 item+ 100 SG, since you can get that amount for free just by completing event missions.

However, I can see that being increased to a minimum of 500 SG similar to the Transmutation Pass.

Making it cost AC might be a little too much, unless they host a limited time event where that sort of exchange fee is 0 during the NGS release celebration events.

There's certainly a lot of options for alternatives to copying Nexon's gachapon model, and the Mission Pass/ Mission Badge Exchange is one of those consumer friendly choices.

@Vashzaron said in NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits:

In some SG scratches is where they placed Layerwear versions of old 1 piece outfits, including of those default costumes. I think it is obvious they will just make you pay for them again regardless.

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid off

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits:

@Vashzaron said in NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits:

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid off

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this Mission Pass item should be very similar to the Viola set which got an NGS version.

If it is, hopefully it won't cost too much to trade something like this in for NGS version sets since Mission Pass items are already untradeable. Screenshot_9.jpg

@MasterDarkwingz

It would be really good it that turns out to be the case

This (or a similar suggestion) was suggested in the trainwreck monetization topic by someone and I still agree with it. Whenever the outfit has an updated version, if I can just pay a little AC or SG to upgrade it to the new body type, I'm fine with that, but I won't go through another gacha.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits:

But this has me wondering what this means for SG scratch outfits.

What's to wonder? Either an outfit will be remade in new-physique mode and you have the option of trying to get that too or sticking with the old-physique outfit it's meant to succeed (if you have it), or it won't in which case the old-physique version would be your only option. This is pretty cut and try.

@Miraglyth said in NGS Outfits Re-releases and what that may mean for SG scratch outfits:

But this has me wondering what this means for SG scratch outfits.

What's to wonder? Either an outfit will be remade in new-physique mode and you have the option of trying to get that too or sticking with the old-physique outfit it's meant to succeed (if you have it), or it won't in which case the old-physique version would be your only option. This is pretty cut and try.

As much as I'd hate to agree with you on this, this is probably the case.

I have a very strong negative stance on this implementation. It has caused me to stop buying cosmetics altogether for fear of a new versions coming out and my SG being wasted. I wont go on because I made a thread about it here

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/10245/monetizing-costume-textures-and-model-rigging-and-finger-animations/79