CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsadditionalinfop2

Not very happy about this. No layering wear or custom CAST parts in story cutscenes. Why the change? For CAST it’s especially bad because those parts are our bodies!

Affects layered wear as well, not just the CAST parts. I wonder what the reasoning is for this to be how they set things up? Maybe it's a technical limitation due to the older model/texture designs? But if that was the case, why would they work in the game as normal?

Seems like an odd decision.

The English translation of that page is wrong and still seems unfixed. What they mean to say is if you wear NGS gear in PSO2's story you will be switched to defaults.

@Frathlir said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

Affects layered wear as well, not just the CAST parts. I wonder what the reasoning is for this to be how they set things up? Maybe it's a technical limitation due to the older model/texture designs? But if that was the case, why would they work in the game as normal?

I find it confusing as heck! I’m sure it’s some limitation but wow-ee that’s really letting some players down. My character won’t even look like her in the cutscenes.

@Vashzaron said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

The English translation of that page is wrong and still seems unfixed. What they mean to say is if you wear NGS gear in PSO2's story you will be switched to defaults.

Oh thank god. Why are their translations so confusing? It read like if you play NGS period you can’t wear your CAST parts or layerwear.

@Milk said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

@Vashzaron said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

Oh thank god. Why are their translations so confusing? It read like if you play NGS period you can’t wear your CAST parts or layerwear.

One of the keywords emphasized during the CBT preview was "Still in development."

I guess some wires were crossed in the communication for this translation.

Well not only translation mistakes are done here, even on the original Japanese side "Salon Contents" said that tickets used twice to unlock cosmetics for all characters would not carry over, then it was quickly updated to say yes and a note about the mistake. (Our page still has the mistake meanwhile.)

I wonder if the 10% personal shop tax is really happening then. I should just avoid NGS news until everything is fully translated/set in stone. 😞

I wonder if the 10% personal shop tax is really happening then. I should just avoid NGS news until everything is fully translated/set in stone. 😞

It's probably because of RMT issues that are happening in JP as well.

No layering wear or custom CAST parts in story cutscenes.

Going by that outfits would be ok which pleases me greatly, the cutscenes just wouldn't be the same without the shit-eating grin of my Jack Frost Suit.

I'm just hoping Sega backpedals a bit and allows people with outfits/basewear/etc. that they release NGS version of to upggrade them to the new version for a low AC cost, rather than make people do multiple scratches for them again.

@Frathlir said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

I find it confusing as heck! I’m sure it’s some limitation but wow-ee that’s really letting some players down. My character won’t even look like her in the cutscenes.

I agree even if it doesn’t make sense!

@MasterDarkwingz said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

There's already a 5% price increase for buyers on personal shops currently. Changing it to 10% isn't that big of a deal - most games have some sort of a market tax, 10% is high but not too unreasonable.

@HarmlessSyan said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

@MasterDarkwingz said in CASTS forced to wear default parts in story in NGS:

There's already a 5% price increase for buyers on personal shops currently. Changing it to 10% isn't that big of a deal - most games have some sort of a market tax, 10% is high but not too unreasonable.

True. It's been so long, I forgot the Action House tax rate in Mabinogi.

I saw this annoyance on the list too, the NGS cut-scenes will look like crap for the CAST if we use PSO main parts.

Hopefully they rerun previous Mission Pass and AC scratch items with NGS updates so CAST players can restore our looks for story mode.

At least we will still be able to use PSO2 main parts in the basic side of NGS for all the non-story quests.