PSO2 Steam Game crashed and Deleted itself

Hey, just like the title says i was playing pso2 i was walking around the lobby when all the sudden the game stop responding, i waited 30 minutes to see if it would comeback and the game just crashed, by my surprise is next that i try to re-launch the game and the steam kept giving a a error saying failed to load the game, i restarted the steam and when i tried to load the game the steam pops up the window to download the game i was confused and went to check my steam folder and realized that the entire game was deleted by itself, did anyone expirienced this on steam cause i only remember seeing this kinda of things on MS store and u think i should use that pso2 tweaker? can i use my steam account in it?

(i was checking i cant even re-install the game cause the files are corrupted inside my hdd and i cant acess it) This is just a warning that can happen to someone else and now im trying to figure out what to do most likely have to reinstall the entire game.

Yeah. Your antivirus probably ate it.

@ExERain Just had a similar problem with my MS Store Client ran via Tweaker. Had the game running, went to buy something from the MS Store, MS Store popped up, said there was an error with the game, prompted me to click a banner to fix it, prompting a huge 274 GB download (that I canceled immediately), then realized the game had closed out.

Tried relaunching the game via Tweaker, and a Microsoft Store pop-up showed up instead; which lead me back to the PSO2 MS Store page; where the only option was to install the game.

@LiquidSencha said in PSO2 Steam Game crashed and Deleted itself:

@ExERain Just had a similar problem with my MS Store Client ran via Tweaker. Had the game running, went to buy something from the MS Store, MS Store popped up, said there was an error with the game, prompted me to click a banner to fix it, prompting a huge 274 GB download (that I canceled immediately), then realized the game had closed out.

Tried relaunching the game via Tweaker, and a Microsoft Store pop-up showed up instead; which lead me back to the PSO2 MS Store page; where the only option was to install the game.

MS Store's problem is different than Steam's, entirely. Steam normally doesn't have an issue, unless anti-virus/etc. does something.

@FANtasyStarOnline I dont own an antivirus, and i had the game and steam has permited in the firewall and windows defender so no clue, right now after i had to reinstall the entire computer and losing all my work that was on my hdd, i decide to try the tweaker and so far no issues.

I do notice the behavior of PSO2 decided to nuke itself if you are dual-booting (mine was the case of Windows 10 and macOS). Don't know if that is the same situation in your case but still something to look at.