Why are "trap" characters considered okay?

@Milk said in Why are "trap" characters considered okay?:

@MasterDarkwingz said in Why are "trap" characters considered okay?:

@Milk said in Why are "trap" characters considered okay?:

I thought transgender and crossdressing are two different things, you can be cis and still dress like the opposite sex and it’s complicated because some cis men even find it a compliment. It’s a tricky word for sure.

As for the word itself, unlike the N word here, “trap” is kind of a common word, isn’t it? I’m not sure how they could censor that.

I’m sympathetic to your cause and I’m sure it hurts to feel targeted or bullied. I’m LGBTQ(bi) and I’ve dealt with a lot of trash people irl and in games too so I get it, I’m just not sure what the company can do.

Transgenders go through medications and operations post chest binders and counseling.

Traps are anime characters who stick with their designed body, and generally cross-dress as a hobby.

It can be difficult to decipher Transgender behavior from Questioning individuals, but cross-play or crossdressing for fun is generally something easy to see during conventions.

That's literally the TLDR of it all, tbh.

The staff can't say anything about the moderation they take against other users, and the OP already sent in a ticket.

So traps are like a good portion of the cis crossdressing community, they’re not trans, they don’t identify as the gender they’re dressing as, they’re doing it as just a hobby and fully embrace being cis outside of their fun dress up clothes. They could be gay/bi/straight, it’s just a hobby.

Mhm, you are correct in logic if anime were to be a real dimension we could travel to like in PSO2's Earth.

@MusiXBroly-7 said in Why are "trap" characters considered okay?:

reporting OP for trolling and causing controversy for no reason, this thread should of been locked ages ago

I disagree not game related really! My personal opinion!

@ENERSHA420 said in Why are "trap" characters considered okay?:

by your own words the joke is derogatory towards people you refer to as "traps"

It's not as the butt end of the joke is the person who made the false assumption.

What's next, are people going to claim that One Pice is "transphobic" because "Ivankov and his Kamabakka Kingdom" are a thing?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 nope, if you read my first response I said trap shouldn't be banned but you should report someone calling you a trap in a derogatory way if you feel insulted/harassed

also the devs should really be aware that in north america and Europe where the game was obviously recently released that "trap" is extremely derogatory towards trans people.

I also see ppl in NA servers are dressing there characters like KKK members. NA context means a lot on NA servers.

also the devs should really be aware that in north america and Europe where the game was obviously recently released that "trap" is extremely derogatory towards trans people.

I also see ppl in NA servers are dressing there characters like KKK members. NA context means a lot on NA servers.

No one does that, that is delusional, and it is ridiculous, and in no known reality or universe has it happened in PSO2 NA. First and foremost, there are no cosmetics in game to make ANYONE look like KKK members, second there have been like a dozen or so people in the thread already stating "Trap" isn't offensive at all.

It's obvious that you, and OP are trying to start a fire here.

Here my advice on this matter. Most people are assholes (I learned that at the age of 13.) Why? Well many reasons I could write a whole essay as to why. But, really people should just stop caring what some random asshole thinks just block/ignore them and move causing reacting to assholes only make them want to keep poking you. But, another issue I find is people get too emotional especially over things they can't control (in this case stopping assholes from being assholes). Simple put in a perfect world we wouldn't have to censor words an slang like the N word would never have existed, but this world not perfect many people are assholes an getting overly emotional won't change this fact.

@Krinos theres a pointy hat and ive seen people eqip it and make their character all white exactly like a KKK member. coincidence? also 12 is what we call a small sample size. if 12 people say the n-word isnt offensive, that doesnt make it ok to call people the n-word

@Krinos theres a pointy hat and ive seen people eqip it and make their character all white exactly like a KKK member. coincidence? also 12 is what we call a small sample size

A pointy hat everyone, a pointy hat means that you're KKK apparently. What a sad backwards world we live in where SJW's cry out like Banshees stating pointy hats are the symbols of racism.

alt text

Here is a picture of a Gnome! I hope you like it.

Censor what you want just let my dude wear a bra already for real

@Krinos you do know the difference between a lawn gnome and the klu klux klan, dont you? im not going to explain

Greetings!

Please note that we will lock this thread now as the conversation becomes heated and it was already derailed. Thanks

@BloodyKyona said in Why are "trap" characters considered okay?:

@Matt True, I don't have problems with the "look". It's using offensive words and stereotypes I don't like. I'm a lesbian (which btw is also censored in game, making the game MORE anti-LGBT), and face hate from my other lesbians (who are TERFs) because I accept trans-women as women, so having to deal with such bigotry in-game makes it all the harder, especially when friends quit because of it. I dunno what can be done about it. Maybe censor the word "trap" seeing as there are plenty of other innocent words censored already. Maybe I just wish the community itself would make a stand and not be anti-trans; I was banned from the PSO2 Discord over fighting with them about this very topic and declaring that "trap" is no different than the N word (except I spoke both words completely and got banned for hate speech). It's disgusting and it makes the game less fun for me to deal with such bigotry. Bad enough this is a major problem in the United States, but it's in my gaming now as well. People say "don't bring politics into the game", but that isn't possible with stuff like this around. They brought politics in first, after all. Maybe I just wish the PSO2 community wouldn't be so rotten overall.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I am DEMANDING, not asking, that lesbian be removed from censorhip in this game. You've no right to do this, Sega. You are hating on and marginalizing the LGBT with this crap. Otherwise, does anyone know how to mod the game files to get rid of censorship?

I remember When Phantasy Star didn't have this Political crap to begin with.