Something confusing in the NGS list

Looking through the list of what will work between PSO2 main and NGS, I came across something that is confusing with fashion ticket items>

907d1e20-b999-48c6-87e8-8a3e7c8da5a8-image.png

3b0e616f-1d6a-4605-a82f-630008110473-image.png

These two items on the same list seem to contradict each other, or am I just reading them wrong?

I have a feeling it's the ticket items themselves. Because consumables from PSO2 won't be usable in NGS.

It sounds to me like they're returning back to the old system where items were only registered on a per-character basis. But I definitely have questions about how it actually works in regards to the transfer/upgrade.

is it:

• If I register a ticket twice on my main character in PSO2, when NGS arrives, will I still be able to select that item with my main, just not other characters (and the meseta for the second item was just wasted)?
  • If I register a ticket once on my main char, and once on an alt, when NGS arrives would I be able to use it on both my main + that alt (since I registered it directly on both)?
  • If I register the ticket twice, when NGS arrives, is it applied to all my current characters, but future characters wouldn't have the item registered?

Or does SEGA not save the information about which characters specifically registered tickets if it's account-wide, and only items which are registered once will transfer at all (since they retain the info of which char registered it), and if you registered an item twice they just nuke it entirely (which sounds ridiculous, but could be possible with that wording)?

The wording is indeed highly ambiguous/confusing. It needs clarification.

As of right now I think that only the two characters that used the tickets will have access to them, but I can't say for certain. I don't see why it's this way; it's terrible if so.

@Misaki-Ki said in Something confusing in the NGS list:

As of right now I think that only the two characters that used the tickets will have access to them, but I can't say for certain. I don't see why it's this way; it's terrible if so.

That would mean a person who immediately uses a ticket twice on the same character got extra boned. Or in my case sometimes I use stuff not even intended for the character I am on twice since I am unlocking it on everyone anyway.

Edit: I think this whole thing doesn't make sense anyway because after you use a ticket twice you can't use anymore again on any character, unless when the update hits you can but I'm more in with thinking due to that its more proof of it just bad wording here than that.

I myself did full unlocks of ticket items on my main, so I can use them on future alts, that is why this list is confusing.

The japanese site has been updated.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/27395/ alt text

There was an error in whether or not data sharing was possible. We apologize for the correction. (Updated at 17:00 on January 26, 2021)

The 〇 is the equivalent of Y, so the item's been changed from N to Y. No update on the English site yet though.

Wonderful!

Oh my god, thank you for this as I was having a very, very bad reaction right now. Thank you.

Thanks for sorting this out, now everyone can rest easy knowing that all their ticket items are safe and the list just had a translation error on it.

I opened a support ticket to clarify this and was about to uninstall pso2 and quit. If this is a mistake they really need to update the site. I spent a lot of time and money to buy two of everything.

@LazerRay said in Something confusing in the NGS list:

Thanks for sorting this out, now everyone can rest easy knowing that all their ticket items are safe and the list just had a translation error on it.

To be clear, it wasn't a translation error, the JP site also had it marked as not transferred, and then a few hours later they updated it with the clarification.

So this time it's a JP-side issue, the translators just said what JP did. Though it remains to be seen how long it'll take the translated site to update (if anyone even thinks to tell the English side to update the site).