Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.

@LordCloudStrife said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

Affixing is the only good mechanic in this game that should have been preserved, the only thing that make economy run even for low lvl players e freeones

I agree with this. Without Affixing, most items except AC Scratch would be worthless. PSO2 would have been a real pay to win game.

Maybe a Stone system like Diablo

we keep the augments(Precision, Astral Soul etc) turn all of then in stones

Bang Everyone is happy

@ZENCHI said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@Furious said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

My limited knowledge of the worst system I have ever seen in any game has made my gear worse than they were before.

The augmenting and affixing system is awful, and quite frankly I hate this entire game because of it. I have no desire to try and farm things to improve my gear, I didn't want to upgrade anything because of how stupidly complex and vague it is, and when I finally did try it I ended up downgrading myself instead. I'm not going to sit here for hours and try and figure this out step by step. This should not require hours of research and 30+ page long guides to try and get a basic understanding.

See you guys in NGS if they fix it. I refuse to play a game that has such an awful upgrading system.

Hahaha gold, pure gold.

We're getting handed free gear, of the strongest type, infinite +30 fodder and infinite triggers for augment fodder and GLOBAL PLAYERS STILL COMPLAIN.

Hilarious. It can't get any easier than this.

I'd rather affixing be straight forward than have free easy to craft gear.

@HarmlessSyan "Customization" being whatever is meta. Come one now... Not like getting anything other than more damage would help with the way the combat is designed. It's all an illusion.

@BarrelHunter said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

Not to play devil's advocate here for sega, but I have seen significantly worse weapon customization and crafting in other games. As an example, black desert's upgrading system is just abysmal, where you can actually lose hard to find items if you fail (and fail you will).

I'm just going to be explicit here: The fact that this shit is less shitty than the other shit won't change the fact that they are both shit. I apologize (a little), but it can't get clearer than that. Really, you shouldn't compare games made in korea with games from anywhere else.

Slandering other games aside, it's far less daunting, and easier to understand than it seems at first glance, especially right now with enhancement being money free. The first thing you should do is worry about getting the amount of affixes on a weapon or piece of gear that you want, by taking trash items with a large number affixes and.. basically throwing them at it via dudu/monica. Pick high percentage (70%-100%) probability items because when you push for additional affix slots, that percentile will drop. Once that's done, you can hone the affixes with with better augments with no percentile loss.

You know what, i'll just quote a fitting post from another games forum: "I can eat feces and like it, that means everyone who can't/won't is worse than me" is a popular "argument" these days for anything in gaming and god do I hate it.

@QWERT said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@LordCloudStrife said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

Affixing is the only good mechanic in this game that should have been preserved, the only thing that make economy run even for low lvl players e freeones

I agree with this. Without Affixing, most items except AC Scratch would be worthless. PSO2 would have been a real pay to win game.

If you couldn't just pay to get super affixes since the affixing system wouldn't exist, how could it be pay to win? You can just pay to get more powerful with zero effort now, were are already pay to win. Unless you think cosmetics help you win?

Funny that no-one mentioned that since the Transfer passes were put in, upslotting is basically free and guaranteed and you can make x8 350 atk guardian soul / crack V / Returner V units etc etc without relying on probabilities.

You have to deal with low % making fodders but you get to work towards your finished recipe and once you get all the components its 100%.

SEGA does a bad job explaining the system and making intuitive menus for it, but I'm sad to see it go in NGS. I wished players were more willing to learn complex stuff.

@Falador-de-bosta Considering how some of the pets work in Phantasy Star Online 2 (being able to turn them back into eggs to use their stats to boost up other eggs) I would have loved for there to be some way to preserve the abilities affixed on a weapon by getting something like an item (potentially even something like Ability Passes/Augment Passes where they are limited) that could simply turn individual affixes (or specific affixe

I would not recommend Augment Transfer Passes on weapons if only because the only "real" weapons you would use them on are Liberate/Rivalrate weapons due to their low amount of SSA slots. When you are working with Atlas EX or the Ayer/Cras weapons you have very little risk failing because you can always upslot back up to eight slots especially during the Zero Meseta events or boost weeks.

I would recommend saving those Augment Transfer Passes instead for your thirteen star units because upslotting those and then trying to affix those is much more tricky due to the rarity of getting the abilities you want at eight slots. It is easier to upslot to eight and then have both an SSA and capsule ready while using the Augment Transfer Passes to swap a six-slot unit affixed the way you want and add the SSA/capsule to those six abilities on a swap. If you have not yet engaged in the grind for these (which are on a monthly limit and if I recall are rewards for reaching Level 100 when that comes around) the passes are much better spent on your units which don't become quite as outdated nearly as fast as weapons do.

If you have the spares or you already have already affixed units the way you want then I would imagine you can do as you please but units are notoriously harder to affix than weapons are.

@Yggranya said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@HarmlessSyan "Customization" being whatever is meta. Come one now... Not like getting anything other than more damage would help with the way the combat is designed. It's all an illusion.

Defense ........ Yin and yang approach.

Thank you guys sooo much really help me!

They should allow people to buy augment transfer pass. This would solve the problem. I say for every $10 you get 25 augment transfer passes!

@Macmaxi said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

SEGA does a bad job explaining the system and making intuitive menus for it, but I'm sad to see it go in NGS. I wished players were more willing to learn complex stuff.

Yes if they would bother with explaining the system it'd be cool. But that's like wishing everyone had degrees in school without attending it, won't happen. Self learning is not easy for everyone. With ADHD I do suffer with it, affixing is the type of system where I had to be handheld for it.

It was very embarrassing but if you a better community you got to help out and spread information correctly. Just how it is, educating the one next of you doesn't hurt, just means you carry less.

I absolutely hate this system. I've read several guides, watched many videos, read a ton of forum posts, practiced on junk, spent time with the affixing simulators and it still makes very little sense to me. It feels needlessly complex and I hate that you can fail at it.

I don't think I'm going to quit the game, but it sucks that I'm not going to be able to play at a high level if I don't figure this out. Makes me really sad bc I love this game a lot, but the affixing system is pure stress. It feels like a homework project for a class you were forced to take for credits but you hate. And now the deadline is staring us down for boost week and I still haven't affixed anything for keeps. Sucks and I truly hope they fix this in NGS.

@kittyisfloofy said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

I absolutely hate this system. I've read several guides, watched many videos, read a ton of forum posts, practiced on junk, spent time with the affixing simulators and it still makes very little sense to me. It feels needlessly complex and I hate that you can fail at it.

I don't think I'm going to quit the game, but it sucks that I'm not going to be able to play at a high level if I don't figure this out. Makes me really sad bc I love this game a lot, but the affixing system is pure stress. It feels like a homework project for a class you were forced to take for credits but you hate. And now the deadline is staring us down for boost week and I still haven't affixed anything for keeps. Sucks and I truly hope they fix this in NGS.

I can’t figure it out, either, only S augments because you can’t fail.

Your name is so cute! 😄