Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.

@Falador-de-bosta Yeah but there's only one weapon we have that has 4 S-affix slots on it currently, so it really isn't a great solution (definitely would not recommend sacrificing an Atlas EX)

edit: @ENERSHA420 Same item boost really only is achievable with units due to how hard it can be to get multiples of the weapons you need to upslot and even then the boost isn't huge relative to the amount of affixes that need to succeed.

@IAMCRAIG said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@Falador-de-bosta Yeah but there's only one weapon we have that has 4 S-affix slots on it currently, so it really isn't a great solution (definitely would not recommend sacrificing an Atlas EX)

yaeh just forgot about that but anyway most weapons have 2 S slots

@IAMCRAIG yes I'm running into the same problem where I'm not sure how to get my s4 onto my rivalate without sacrificing my atlas ex

If you gonna Craft the weapon Just Get a 8 Slot in the shop best thing you can

which i don't think is your case

@Falador-de-bosta with 0 meseta affix event and all the loot i have it's much cheaper for me to craft

Well, unless you don't want to have to reaffix your Atlas Ex, you can just use the 'Transfer S augment' option

@IAMCRAIG ya i was wondering how that works, can i transfer an S class augment from one weapon to another without destroying the fodder weapon? thanks for clarifying.

basically i am affixing a rivalate bow and i want s4 rapid fire arrow on it (bc i cant afford s4: precise balance) so im wondering the best way to transfer the S4 doing minimal damage to my atlas ex. s4 rapid fire rrow is also the atlas ex augment factor.

im pretty sure like everyone is confused about at least one thing haha

you also have to do that after (i think) your main affix or you might overwrite stuff? or is it the other way around :S

Yup, transferring S augments does not destroy the fodder, which makes keeping a couple of Val weapons around to hold onto certain ones helpful.

As a veteran speaking, the affixing system does suck. Its overly complicated and designed to make money if I'm being honest, too many PSO2 white knights often defend the game when people start tossing around the term 'pay 2 win' but the truth isn't really so far from that especially if you want BIS gear. You can affix some reasonably decent gear with guides, but a lot of guides are not created equally and often add to the confusion.

@ENERSHA420 For bow you should go for Photon V Adaptation for a good PP Management.

I dont know how much PP do you have but it better to have alot of PP if you plan to use big dmg S4 (Rapid Fire & Precise Balance.).

You should check Argus (Bible Bow guide) for further information.

@ENERSHA420 said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@IAMCRAIG yes I'm running into the same problem where I'm not sure how to get my s4 onto my rivalate without sacrificing my atlas ex

Just as another option may not be aware of:

You can also buy S4 from player market on a special weapon called "Sein Burn". These are (I think only, least as far am Im aware) 14 star weapon that has S4 and because its 14 star its tradeable. Thus some people affix S4 to them and sell.

Then you just select "Transfer S Grade augment" for transfer it onto your weapon (easy because you dont care about the Sein Burn deslotting). If you wanted you could then sell the empty weapon back on market (minus a few mil for the affix or thereabouts hopefully). [DISCLAIMER: Prices fluctuate, and different between ships, so for the latter part I bare no responsibility].

@HarmlessSyan If not, then i won't bother with it any more than this. It funny how some try to do the usual shaming by saying "it's not hard". Yeah, we all know that. It's just a terrible system. Evolved over the year? It still sucks regardless. I mean, i can do the "shaming" too: (It really is utterly and undeniably PITIFUL how people feel a stockholm syndrome kind of kinship, which is proof of their own weakness, to an utterly horrible system by going out of their way in defending it every time someone says the truth in how it is purposefully desinged ot drain you of time, intrest, fun, and meseta. You literally disgusting me.) So easy to repliceta. Pfft...

@Yggranya it is all opinions, I think it is demonstrated in this thread that there are people that do accept the system. Some people do enjoy the planning involved and the feel of achievement when they finally made the affix they wanted or people like me that use it as a main source of meseta/income to buy fashion items. I find this gear progression to be much more meaningful compare to other games I played in the past whether it is FFXIV, FFXI, BnS, TERA, or AION where the equipment you get have extremely little customization and personalization.

I don't know how throwing out insults is going to help your argument, but I guess whatever makes you feel better.

@Furious said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

My limited knowledge of the worst system I have ever seen in any game has made my gear worse than they were before.

The augmenting and affixing system is awful, and quite frankly I hate this entire game because of it. I have no desire to try and farm things to improve my gear, I didn't want to upgrade anything because of how stupidly complex and vague it is, and when I finally did try it I ended up downgrading myself instead. I'm not going to sit here for hours and try and figure this out step by step. This should not require hours of research and 30+ page long guides to try and get a basic understanding.

See you guys in NGS if they fix it. I refuse to play a game that has such an awful upgrading system.

Hahaha gold, pure gold.

We're getting handed free gear, of the strongest type, infinite +30 fodder and infinite triggers for augment fodder and GLOBAL PLAYERS STILL COMPLAIN.

Hilarious. It can't get any easier than this.

At one point I see what other free to play games have to offer and end up saying. Yeah, it's bad... but not as bad as xyz game that directly stops me from upgrading my weapons and armor with a 2000$ paywall with rng 😛

Maybe it's reaaaaally bad if we compare it with some really good games you have to pay a monthly sub?