Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.

Well, PSO2 is a character progression game, no? You may not "need" anything, but the point of games like PSO2 is to always get stronger and better, whether that's through gear or skill.

The actual content, while important, is generally not the main draw of games like PSO2 and is more a vehicle for the overall gameplay loop.

People wanting to max things out by using all the systems available to them is quite normal, and people should be encouraged to do so. It enhances the gameplay loop by making more things worth doing (especially when it comes to augments), and always giving you some sort of thing you can do to become stronger.

If you were to ignore the affixing system in PSO2, you would run out of things to do extremely quickly.

@Falador-de-bosta said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

So i think no one mentioned this here

Gonna give just a good example why the system is bad.

You came out with a good set of affixes it's all fine but at the end you can only get 90% Success Rate(with 2 or 3 affixes) counting all the boosters( Affix Week, Augment Guidance, 45% Success Rate)

From my point of view when you have 90% chance of getting something you most likely are going to get that

Gonna say that is almost impossible for you to not get that

Well that's not how it works in the System...

True........still feel like a 50% chance at best.

I've spent several hours planning out and even kind of enjoying the complexity of the augment affixing system with simulators, but ultimately I haven't really ever used it in the game. I got a couple entry-level stopgap upgrades very early on but since rewards and exchanges have started giving prebuild augment sets that it is very difficult to match let alone beat without spending hundreds of thousands and since beating them only marginally would get you an augment set on a unit that would likely be obsoleted by the next handout it's never felt like a clever use of meseta at a time we have a cosmetic content rush. Even during zero-cost campaigns, I tend to find I'm missing the same one or two units that everyone else is meaning their cost skyrockets to eat away at the enhancement cost saving.

It's a shame because if we had the pace of JP this is absolutely something I'd have been able to both get into and benefit from. But since we're in catch-up mode and there hasn't been an appropriate permanent decrease in enhancement cost or increase in core fodder supply it sadly has to be the first thing to go when so much time, money and effort needs to be spent keeping up elsewhere.

@Matt said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

If you were to ignore the affixing system in PSO2, you would run out of things to do extremely quickly.

Case in point I'm certainly not finding this to be the case, but then I'm feeling forced to sink countless hours into desperately farming as much SG as I can to afford the rush of SG content which is its own source of misery.

I personal hate the affixing system. It overly complicated and punishes you for not spend 2-3 hours planning out how your going to combine augments in a way that lets you fit them all into one piece of gear. This system could have been designed in a way that doesn't require such planning an especially in a way that doesn't punish people for not carefully planning out ever small detail a head of time so it all works out in the end. This system would have made me quit the game my self if the game wasn't so easy and min maxing was actually required to clear end game content. But that kind of a good thing when the progression after getting BIS weapons and units is more complicated than a professional chess game. I really don't know many people in game that bother with getting BIS augments most of the people I see have just transferred the 6 augments from the Phobos set we get for completing episode 5 onto their end game 13 star units and than they just go with what ever augments they have on their weapons from either the default they started with or from some random item they picked up with okish states.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if SEGA redid the whole affixing system in PSO NGS to make it less complex and more rewarding for players to experiment with and see what happens and less punishing for not carefully thinking out each step of your augment build step by step.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm clinically incapable of understanding the affixing system. It's too much information for me to retain and too much stuff to sort through.

it also sucks when take the time to learn the system, then you make a badass weapon on affix assistant then you go into the game and your fundamental S grade augments are like 80mill it's like ok pay to win much? it would take me edit: 4 weeks, not 40

Maybe a Survey about the augment system would be good

Cause everyone i now and talk about don't like the system

Ppl like me that do like it, are too busy building stuff to talk 😉

(it is boost time afterall)

@Doom-Smack you stand at the counter, I'll be playing the rest of the game.

@Furious Heya, I know the affixing system is incredibly frustrating to you, but if you can spare a moment my earlier post might help you out. Not that I'm saying it's a good system, but it might help you get more out of the game.

if anyone wants help I actually have a really easy 7 slot weapon recipe for rivalate and atlas ex. upslotting from 6 all 100%. I havent figured out how to get an 8slot weapon but I cant even find an affix that would be worth it (that I have access to as a budget player unless you use jellen)

augment factors: astral, grace, sentence, flict, attack VI, phrase decay

only take phrase decay if you inflict jellen or you know 100% someone in your party does

fill the rest with s-grade augments

this way everything has base 100% and base 40% upslotting 6-7

to get 100% upslotting you need boost event, augment guidance and +45% affix assist

45+40+10+5=100

Why do people always use quitting as a way to complain about something they don't like and then doesn't actually quit.

@ENERSHA420 said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

if anyone wants help I actually have a really easy 7 slot weapon recipe for rivalate and atlas ex. upslotting from 6 all 100%. I havent figured out how to get an 8slot weapon but I cant even find an affix that would be worth it (that I have access to as a budget player)

If you mean something that exclusively comes from AC scratches, there's a few you could use instead of a capsule affix if you went for 8 slots. That said, upslotting to 8 slots is a special kind of hell that nobody should subject themselves to (with dudu week in effect, the best you can get is 80% for any non S-affix unless you want to use a limited 45-50% aug enhancer).

@ENERSHA420 if you wanna upslot to 8 the best way is to place a s1, s2, s3, s4 so all of those are going to be 100% no matter what the rest is rng

you can waste a %45 with a augment guidance but you may get frustrated

@Falador-de-bosta ya I'm most likely staying away from 8 slot but I'm maybe going to try same item boost? I wont do anything less than 100%. I edited my post with more detail