Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.

@Ranmaru Another one who keeps notes in a text file, they come in handy for all kinds of things.

I also have two different augment simulators, along with ARKS-Visaphone bookmarked to help plan out augments.

Also affixing stats is just straight up boring. Affixing is literally just “Add as much damage as you can because every other stat is basically pointless” which actually makes makes a lot builds not very unique and very generic. Unfortunately it seems like NGS is also making the same mistake where damage affixes are the best affixes no questions asked. Either just remove other stats from affixing or actually make other stats more sought after in NGS.

@NotWhoUThink

That's not my experience, specially lately. I don't even affix, but I take care of what my weapons and units carry, because ep6 content actually will crush people that do silly stuff like use the Persona affixes reducing defense or ignoring stamina increases.

From what I hear from my Alliance partners, that's why people when doing stuff now don't tend to use Modulator anymore but Mastery from the Croesus for example instead, as that one gives you defense. Glares from this episode also add defensive stuff along the damage from what I've seen.

Only Masquerade 999 ignores all of this as he deletes you in 1 hit. Dunno if anything coming does too. If anything, the game learned too late making defense matter so now we are feeling it harder. And Etolie didn't help as it was SEGA's quick fix.

And what's that about NGS? Although from what I heard, equipment max level right now is... 4 stars? Vita level, so quite early I think to make that be a great difference.

I see too many people just drop dead at one or two swipes in Persona UH (specially 1HKOs near the end) and I am pretty sure that is cause they just don't care what their equipment is or has.

@Aumires Most people wouldn’t even bat an eye if +defenses were removed from all affixes due to how little they help on UH. And in episode 6 UH content unless you’re using Etoile as a main or sub your going to get 1-3 regardless of affixes with defense. And in NGS both attack and defense affixes are getting changed to to a percentage based increase however things like HP and PP are still mynute increases such as +30 HP and +3 PP meaning people will once again gravitate towards attack affixes considering how much stronger it will be endgame in NGS. And considering how every class is going to be much more mobile in NGS it means the AI will have a more difficult time trying to hit players rendering defenses worse off than attack affixes despite defense affixes also receiving a buff.

@NotWhoUThink said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@Aumires Most people wouldn’t even bat an eye if +defenses were removed from all affixes due to how little they help on UH. And in episode 6 UH content unless you’re using Etoile as a main or sub your going to get 1-3 regardless of affixes with defense. And in NGS both attack and defense affixes are getting changed to to a percentage based increase however things like HP and PP are still mynute increases such as +30 HP and +3 PP meaning people will once again gravitate towards attack affixes considering how much stronger it will be endgame in NGS. And considering how every class is going to be much more mobile in NGS it means the AI will have a more difficult time trying to hit players rendering defenses worse off than attack affixes despite defense affixes also receiving a buff.

Actually with proper end game affixes, you can hit 2k+ hp and 2k+ def easily. Infiltration UQ mobs just straight up do 2 digit to low 3 digit numbers on non-et. The sheer amount of stuff that goes on off-screen in episode 6 is enough to warrant hp/def affixes. Going full attack/pp was only viable until episode 5 where you could feasibly dodge everything.

You're making a lot of assumptions about NGS when things could change just like episode 6 did.

@Ranmaru said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

I use notepad and the affix assistant. Notepad for organizing my shopping list and what folders I have, and affix assistant to know how I should set up my fodder.

Make the game sound like home work! Is that relaxing for you?

@RainGnyu Well, in reality you do the same for paying tax, how much income you will have for the month etc... :x

@RainGnyu said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

I use notepad and the affix assistant. Notepad for organizing my shopping list and what folders I have, and affix assistant to know how I should set up my fodder.

Yes, it is. I think I play enough that I don't mind putting extra time to prepare outside of only playing. Here's a recent plan for my techter I am working on, and just bought all the required fodder and items for: Techter Build

I've just been spending my time and resources on cosmetics while the tryhards just carry me through content. I have zero interest at learning or understanding a system literally designed to egg you into buying p2w conveniences to mitigate failure.

@Atlus said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

I've just been spending my time and resources on cosmetics while the tryhards just carry me through content. I have zero interest at learning or understanding a system literally designed to egg you into buying p2w conveniences to mitigate failure.

Not to mention that the new Extreme quest literally drops 150-200+ (!?) augmented units! Like, why should I even do this sorcery at this point? I was even saving some units to at least in the end of the game "try" to do an Unit for laughs, but it would be now LESS than what I had stored.

@RainGnyu said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

Yes, it is. I think I play enough that I don't mind putting extra time to prepare outside of only playing. Here's a recent plan for my techter I am working on, and just bought all the required fodder and items for: Techter Build

Hmmmm very cool. Also......Did you have 1st hand knowledge of what’s to come?

The system is absolutely too complicated for its own good, I don't think that should even be debatable. There is a satisfaction to alchemizing your desired equipment, but damn if it didn't take too long to learn and wrap my head around. I love actually playing the game and running content and fighting and all that, but I dread affixing time. I hope NGS's method with the capsules and all that will help; it sounds similar to S-grade augments, and while those weren't perfect either (mostly because they still had to exist alongside the normal, flawed affixing process), they were definitely a step in the right direction.

While I have to say it is satisfying to seem like you are building your own personal weapon to your own liking, but there are better ways to skin that "cat". Coming from a old school RPG gamer/PSO1 vet here, making a system this complicated is only going to turn off most people from it. I can't say I enjoy it either, as it's quite brutal for affixing failures to boot.

I am happy to hear PSO2: NGS is going to address this issue, sadly though I don't plan on being a guinea pig for it's "open beta" release. I will wait till it gets most it's bugs squashed before I even consider it, seeing how horrible the Microsoft Store release of PSO2 went.