Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.

Kitty: They made the process easier. Just capsules. So this is good news.

I couldn't stay away, so I sat down and played some Divide Quests -

First of all, hooray for content that is group with people or gtfo. Guess soloing DQs is my jam now.

Second - Life V Adaptation was a goal for me from the moment I knew it existed as Vigorous Response. So when I got it today, my first S capsule, only to realize that I had to completely re-affix my weapon to be able to use it, I realize that all I had done was completely waste my time because AGAIN, AFFIXING IS STUPID, and the fact that I have to re-affix the weapon entirely is completely idiotic. So that was a waste of time. Fun for me.

@Furious Simply attach it to any Rivalate weapon and then transfer it.

@ZENCHI said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@LyssaDhrak said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

At one point I see what other free to play games have to offer and end up saying. Yeah, it's bad... but not as bad as xyz game that directly stops me from upgrading my weapons and armor with a 2000$ paywall with rng 😛

Maybe it's reaaaaally bad if we compare it with some really good games you have to pay a monthly sub?

Like what? WoW? it has the most pay to win gearization of the pay to play games.

We get free gear in PSO2 and can do all content without even affixing them beccause they have some mediocre but decent preaffixes.

Meanwhile WoW paywalls gear with gearscore.

..What the holy hell are you talking about? There's nothing "pay to win" in WoW, unless you mean buying runs to have a guild carry you through a Heroic / Mythic raid for the chance at getting gear, which ah..isn't intended by the developers, and is actively frowned upon.

There's literally nothing pay to win about WoW, at all. I have no idea what in god's green earth you're going on about here.

As for the Topic: Affixing is needlessly complicated, and admittidly it is one of the least enjoyable parts of PSO2 for me. But the good news is that PSO2 is easy enough that you can pretty much ignore affixing alltogether out side of S-Rank Augments (which are 100% Gauranteed success anyways) and really have no issues doing any of the game's content.

Honestly, if it's not fun or too complicated, just ignore it, or just save up Class EX-Cubes and use Augment transfer passes as needed on new gear.

@QWERT Ah yes, "simply", because I have those lying around.

Can someone explain to me how come I can’t augment (the regular way) Mark anger to transfer unless I am doing the augment transfer passes?

@RainGnyu Mark abilities can only be transferred if you have a "Mark Receptor" which I recall has shown up in the Support AC Scratches as a Scratch Draw reward. Without a receptor it is impossible to transfer any of your Mark abilities.

@VanillaLucia said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@RainGnyu Mark abilities can only be transferred if you have a "Mark Receptor" which I recall has shown up in the Support AC Scratches as a Scratch Draw reward. Without a receptor it is impossible to transfer any of your Mark abilities.

Thought so but......when I use it doesn’t show up on the list. Why is that? Because it feels like I am making a mistake?

Anyone can answer the question above!?

@RainGnyu Affixing 101: item fodders need to be at the same augment slot or higher than the base in order to transfer augments from the fodder into the base item.

Having a receptor augment with a slot equal to or greater than the base would allow transfer of whatever ability the receptor says it could transfer.

My guess is your base item has a higher augment slot number than the fodder with “mark receptor” on it, otherwise the mark ability would show. Either that, or none of your items have a mark ability on them.

PS: You need to have “mark receptor” within your affix formula in order to transfer mark abilities. It won’t show up if your’e adding in “mark receptor” at the very end.

@Dasani1998 said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@RainGnyu Affixing 101: item fodders need to be at the same augment slot or higher than the base in order to transfer augments from the fodder into the base item.

Having a receptor augment with a slot equal to or greater than the base would allow transfer of whatever ability the receptor says it could transfer.

My guess is your base item has a higher augment slot number than the fodder with “mark receptor” on it, otherwise the mark ability would show. Either that, or none of your items have a mark ability on them.

PS: You need to have “mark receptor” within your affix formula in order to transfer mark abilities. It won’t show up if your’e adding in “mark receptor” at the very end.

All five weapons slots are 8 slots and all the weapon except base has Mark anger on them. Mark receptor said it a 100% so does that mean it going to transfer Mark anger over at 100%?

I will just put down a few words about the affixing system and leave since everything seem to have been said already.

It takes study, trial and error to get somewhere with it. It is time consuming, yes, but it's pretty much like learning how to play a class! It will take weeks maybe months to undertand how it works, what skills work in each situation and so on. The only problem that I see with the affix system is that it really gets confusing when we are being overwhelmed with so much content (story, weapons, new affixes etc) in so little time, and affixing does take time. I hope this adds something to the discussion and help not going crazy with it for the wrong reasons.

Best thread ever! I got a better understanding of how these things work. Pso has come a long way from days of old.

@Yggranya said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

@BarrelHunter said in Augmenting and Affixing made me quit.:

Not to play devil's advocate here for sega, but I have seen significantly worse weapon customization and crafting in other games. As an example, black desert's upgrading system is just abysmal, where you can actually lose hard to find items if you fail (and fail you will).

I'm just going to be explicit here: The fact that this shit is less shitty than the other shit won't change the fact that they are both shit. I apologize (a little), but it can't get clearer than that. Really, you shouldn't compare games made in korea with games from anywhere else.

Comparing games, especially similar games to one another despite where they're made is how a consensus is made about what is considered "good," by a standard community, but I guess some people just have that deep rooted necessity to be vulgar banal about things that they're ignorant to. But good job on yer Ad Hominem.

Slandering other games aside, it's far less daunting, and easier to understand than it seems at first glance, especially right now with enhancement being money free. The first thing you should do is worry about getting the amount of affixes on a weapon or piece of gear that you want, by taking trash items with a large number affixes and.. basically throwing them at it via dudu/monica. Pick high percentage (70%-100%) probability items because when you push for additional affix slots, that percentile will drop. Once that's done, you can hone the affixes with with better augments with no percentile loss.

You know what, i'll just quote a fitting post from another games forum: "I can eat feces and like it, that means everyone who can't/won't is worse than me" is a popular "argument" these days for anything in gaming and god do I hate it.

I mean... this is clearly more mudslinging, but I won't really appeal to ignorance here. That was actually advice on how to upgrade gear, and actually feasibly good advice too. But, enjoy eating your feces.