Players leaving in middle of new Chocolate UQ

During the last two runs of the new Chocolate UQ that I did, parties just abandoned not long after the fork. First time it happened I noticed a bunch of players waiting by the force field on one side (for the other side to finish). I went over to the other side to help out and by the time I made it there, 8 of the 12 players had left leaving only 4 of us. The next run, one whole party of four left at about the same part of the UQ. The eight of us left were able to finish, but I'm confused.

Is this a thing with this new UQ? Has anyone else had this happen?

Haven’t had it happen to me yet. Either people are getting disconnected or see the other team not doing enough damage and leave.

I was talking about it with one of my random party members after the run. Don't think it's a disconnect because so many left at once. Four left and then another four left right after. Hopefully it's just a bad luck coincidence of some kind and isn't going to happen anymore.

It's most likely because of people taking too long to clear their side and the party being too lazy to go help them, or too impatient. Haven't encountered that yet, but some runs have taken quite a bit of time, especially with my alts on XH.

My first run my side finished first and we were standing around like “?” because we didn’t know what to do until we saw the damage numbers coming from the other side. People could just be impatient with the other side or think it’s bugging out maybe and leaving to try again.

I just remember us waiting a good thirty seconds before heading over there and there was this big confusion and hesitation about it like if we’re not supposed to go over there.

I think the enemies on the forks are poorly balanced in difficulty, plus the addition of the Geh Bulf EC on only one path is extremely annoying.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Players leaving in middle of new Chocolate UQ:

I think the enemies on the forks are poorly balanced in difficulty, plus the addition of the Geh Bulf EC on only one path is extremely annoying.

It's more one side is depending on the other to carry them, so when they are actually separated it shows that they can't deal decent damage, which leads to that other side standing there forever waiting for them to kill, then they just leave.

i know for example if the summoner boss actually gets back after being knocked down it's a pretty bad sign, as he has extremely low hp.

I personally will head over to the other side if the one I’m on is done, but I have noticed a few players just standing around for most of the fights never doing anything

Technique using classes can double-jump from the cliff they'll be standing over after clearing either side and Ilzonde across to the top of the cliff on the other side. That helps.

If a whole party of four leaves, it could be that the party leader did something nasty like disbanding the party and forcefully eject the other three.

Sometimes I wait and if it takes too long I go to the other side. I would consider them leaving rude and report them. On another note, we had a person AFK'ing. Intentionally. (Did it more than once just to see if he'd do it again)

@Natty-Boh-man said in Players leaving in middle of new Chocolate UQ:

I've had this happen on past UQs like Crimson Fellwyrm. You can report everyone who leaves. Yes, you can "accidentally" report an innocent person who disconnects, but that's just part of how this works. You can report everyone who leaves.

I've already had to do it three times or so.

@coldreactive said in Players leaving in middle of new Chocolate UQ:

@Natty-Boh-man said in Players leaving in middle of new Chocolate UQ:

I've had this happen on past UQs like Crimson Fellwyrm. You can report everyone who leaves. Yes, you can "accidentally" report an innocent person who disconnects, but that's just part of how this works. You can report everyone who leaves.

I've already had to do it three times or so.

Yes you can report them, but it doesn't do anything, sega doesn't punish people who leave, you can report leechers and people who don't do anything, however. i think that is where the confusion happened.

Accidental reporting sure as hell does 0 because i don't think sega is that incompetent to say 'well, they were reported, Guess we better do something to them"

The whole split seems to be making this UQ unfun for some reason, people don’t want to walk back, especially classes without fancy ways to get around. I remember back when I was trying out Ranger for the Thanksgiving UQ I was falling behind, haha good times.

I just float on over there with my Etoile but usually only half of my group does.

I'm slowly seeing this now; it is weird how people cannot just go to the other side and help kill the mobs. Anyone get Skydance from this UQ or know if it can drop? I was thinking it could, but not sure now...

I have yet to see this problem during my runs, since ship 4 has a low population and most people are already in a run of this UQ somewhere.

And if its taking longer than normal, I can easily switch what side of the map I'm on using the crafted version of Rocket Rodeo, since both sides are on high ledges I basically fly over all the obstacles. Its fun being able to turn my launcher in to a personal jet bike.