Shop obtained S-Grade Unit Augment use question

How would I get an S-Grade augment purchased from the shop onto one of my units? I watched a video on youtube and the guy had to somehow put it onto another unit first and then transfer it.

Do I really need to do that?
If yes, how do I get it onto the other unit to then transfer to the one I want it on?

@Natty-Boh-man Unfortunately, capsules can only be added while affixing a unit. This means that if you've already affixed your base unit, you risk losing everything when affixing again to add the capsule.

To avoid re-affixing the base unit, most people add the S-grade aug to a fodder unit while affixing 100% success junk augs. Then they use the S-grade augment transfer option to move it over to their main unit without losing its current affixes. What makes this potentially difficult is that S-grades can only be added to 13 star units so you need a 13 star piece of fodder. The easiest sources I know are drops you have from Rainbow keys, Novel units from the RWB5 shop, or upgrading a(n Ivlida and then) Cleasis unit into Schvelle using materials from the RWB4 shop.

Thanks for the reply. So let me see if I have this right. I need to get a thirteen star unit with at least 5 slots (to match what I think the rivalate handout units have) and put the S-grade unit augment on one of them by transferring another five slot junk unit to the 13 star fodder. Then do the S-Grade Augment transfer from the fodder 13 star 5 slot unit to my new rivalate unit?

@Natty-Boh-man Correct! Except the nice thing about transferring S-grade augs is that they don't have to have the same number of slots to transfer. So even a 1-slot 13 star fodder would work for adding the capsule and then transferring to your 5-slot Rivalate unit.

Thanks again @Rang-Dipkin . I got it to work!

I'm so glad that they brought in S grade augments to make everything simple! HA! Seriously though, I'd like to meet the architect of this convoluted upgrade system in a dark alley. I'd pay AC for that! 😉

@Natty-Boh-man Awesome! Congrats on your new gear 😄

And yeah, when I finally got a semi-handle on regular affixing they went and added S-grades to the mix and I felt like I was at the beginning again! Wanted to find that dark alley at first too, but now I like them more than regular augs cause they're never a wasted investment and make upslotting a lot less painful (especially on weapons).

Yeah, thanks @Rang-Dipkin. The new units make a HUGE difference too. I spent a lot of money on recycle badges to get them, but it was well worth it.

@Natty-Boh-man Yeah man, I did the same for that badge shop S8 and it's an awesome boost in and of itself! No regrets at all as I play a lot of solo content and if I pop a couple shiftas + debands with the iclusio culte at the start of a mission I can usually keep it up with that S8 without having to cycle gear as much if at all (very welcomed on Xbox with controller).

Sorry to necro, but I'm trying this with a WEAPON, not a unit, and I can't seem to make it work. I checked that the main, fodder, and capsule(s) are all the same number, and the fodder is 13* (though the main is 14*) but still not letting me.

Any ideas?

@PhrozenFox No worries, we'll get to the bottom of it!

So if I understand the situation correctly:

• Your main weapon is a 14 star that already has regular affixes on it that you don't want to lose

• You have an S-Grade Augment (SGA) capsule that you'd like to add to your main weapon

• You've checked the 2nd page of your main weapon's details and it can in fact socket your capsule's number (S1, S2, etc.)

• You have a 13 star fodder weapon that can also accept your capsule's SGA

• You've tried going to Monica/Dude and adding the capsule to your 13 star weapon by selecting the normal affixing option and then overwriting the affixes on your 13 star with augments from another piece of fodder that has the same number of slots as your 13 star (or more slots), but something goes wrong

Or does this step work but then you're unable to transfer the SGA from your 13 star to your 14 star (using the Transfer S-Grade Augment menu option at Monica/Dudu)?

If it's the former, I'd ask whether the capsule shows up in a message box before you select the regular augments to add to your 13 star? It should do this automatically if it detects that a capsule is in your character's inventory.

If it's the latter, I'd ask if the 13 star is greyed out/can't be selected after you choose your 14 star weapon using the Transfer SGA menu option? This shouldn't be the case if your 13 star is unlocked and has an SGA whose number can be used by your 14 star.