Mission Pass Rippoff

Why are the fox tails in Mission Pass season 12 only in there once? Nobody can full unlock them since they are not in the overrun section.

pso20210121_011355_000.png

I was looking forward to have the "Brown" one on both my auxiliary and an alt, looks like that is a bust.

Because the fox tail is an old mission pass reward from Season 3.

So basically, I'm screwed since I started PSO2 after the Steam release, same with everyone else who didn't get that Mission Pass for one reason or another.

It’s not specifically cause it was in a previous mission pass, each season theirs only a select few items that you can get doubles off

@LazerRay said in Mission Pass Rippoff:

So basically, I'm screwed since I started PSO2 after the Steam release, same with everyone else who didn't get that Mission Pass for one reason or another.

And the same could be said about things that were released before MS Store release and are Xbox exclusive that didn't get any revivals. Yes, if you start late you are going to miss things.

Common tactic of companies these days to capitalize on people's FOMO, you will find it in almost every game that has limited time events/campaigns/sales.

They brought it back like twice, so yes unfortunately you missed it, choose wisely.

They need either a way to recover old items for those who missed them, or put some kind of indicator on items that you don't get doubles of, to reduce these kinds of issues.

I'm not the only one who missed out on a bunch of stuff due to late start ups or issues during these older runs, just look all over these very forums and see several complaints on missed out items.

@LazerRay Yes, people miss things when they start late. sorry you did. Unfortunately, we don't all get a big bag of everything we missed because we didn't play when they were out.

@Lwyu said in Mission Pass Rippoff:

They brought it back like twice

As I detailed at the start of the season, the Fox Tail accessory set previously from Season 3 Gold tier 01. I wasn't allowed to see the over run tiers for that season but if it follows the pattern of subsequent seasons players could probably choose just one of the three tails to account-bind in tier 34. That doesn't really count as bringing it back though, since it's the same season as the original availability.

I don't think anything in Mission Pass has appeared in three different seasons, excepting consumables like EX-cubes and Mission Badges.

They need either a way to recover old items for those who missed them

Long past the risk of sounding like a broken record, I still assert that it's most important they allow recovery of items that players were forced to miss because they weren't allowed to play. We have plenty of items from the first three seasons that haven't returned once (or only returned in a form that mandated they couldn't be claimed) and an identifiable portion of the playerbase that had no way to get those despite wanting to play at the time. They must be top of the priority list to bring back until they all have been.