New weapon? A substitution? The "new" "Obliance" line coming

So we seem to be getting Divide Quests soon. They are readying them, they said. If you see the announcement at:

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/valentines2021

You can see that "Beginning February 3rd, the following items will drop from select areas in Divide Quests and be available in the Divide Medal Exchange Shop" and we have

alt text

this as a new weapon with this potential:

Fighting Spirit Lv.3 – Increases potency by 16%. Raises MEL/RNG/TEC Power +600 while Shifta is in effect.

The thing is... according to JP info, this weapon wasn't neither that look, nor that name. It was this:

alt text

The "Bonds Hachette" according to the fan translation. Not only that, but this one "new" weapon...

alt text

...was a Weapon Camo!

So my question here is: What is all this and why are they delaying them to come out? Cause I am extremely confused here!

Um.. correct me if I'm insanely wrong, but it also seems to give off the appearance of a Gunblade camo at first glance? In all seriousness though, I'm confused as well as to why they split into 3 different weapons when it's originally a weapon camo. Hopefully this is a terrible mistake made by the translator/translation team.

@ZarexWolf said in New weapon? A substitution? The "new" "Obliance" line coming:

I'm confused as well as to why they split into 3 different weapons when it's originally a weapon camo. Hopefully this is a terrible mistake made by the translator/translation team.

There's 15* non-camo versions of the weapon. But OP is right in that the potential listed on the website is different from what's on JP, the listed potential on the website is the Bonds Hachette's potential and not the Obliance/Oblisiana potential.

@Misuran Ah, though, I'm chalking this up due to something being mistranslated still, which is sadly extremely common for the global version. Hopefully this gets fixed during maintenance or this is really going to be a terrible mix up.